Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

I assumed that it was Desaad in the hood in the trailer but Heavy Spoilers on YouTube pointed out that it could be Steppenwolf being banished from Apokilips after first invasion of earth failed. The face design seems to match the facial design of Steppenwolf in a later scene (from what we can slightly see).

I don't know much about the characters of Apokilips but the chin of the being in the hood does seem the be the same chin Steppenwolf has.

But is that Darkseidat the beginning? If it is I'm surprised they'd reveal him so early but the looked very thin to be Darkseid.

Is Steppenwolf banishment mentioned in the theatrical version?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't know much about the characters of Apokilips but the chin of the being in the hood does seem the be the same chin Steppenwolf has.

But is that Darkseidat the beginning? If it is I'm surprised they'd reveal him so early but the looked very thin to be Darkseid.

Is Steppenwolf banishment mentioned in the theatrical version?

The chins do seem to match.

That's "Uxas" at the beginning, basically a young Darkseid.

Steppenwolf is meant to be banished after the first failed invasion, and the reason he's searching for the mother boxes in Justice League is to literally unlock his mother's power in order to overthrow Darkseid.

The chins do seem to match.

That's "Uxas" at the beginning, basically a young Darkseid.

Steppenwolf is meant to be banished after the first failed invasion, and the reason he's searching for the mother boxes in Justice League is to literally unlock his mother's power in order to overthrow Darkseid.

I did not know anything about Darkseid's origins. I read a bit up to how he created Deesad but stopped in case any of it is in the new Cut.

Is that what Steppenwolf is up to in the theatrical cut or the Snyder Cut or both? I don't remember anything about being banished and would have said, if asked, he was working for Darkseid.

And that is not me having a pop at the Whedon cut. It is just my bad memory.

I enjoyed the theatrical version. The Steppenwolf VFX were brutal, there was not enough about the League chargers outside of the mission and there was not enough Superman but I like it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is that what Steppenwolf is up to in the theatrical cut or the Snyder Cut or both? I don't remember anything about being banished and would have said, if asked, he was working for Darkseid.

That was Whedon fulfilling his brief, getting it to screen ASAP and closing it off so you can turn the key and close it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

there was not enough Superman but I like it.

The problem with Superman is you can't really have him in the whole film, otherwise nothings a threat.
    When he did show up, he was toying with Steppenwolf.
    Marvel have the same problem with Captain Marvel.

You either need to take them out of the film early to do other stuff, or limit their power with some form of mcguffin. Otherwise it's over after the first conflict.

• Advertisement

I did not know anything about Darkseid's origins. I read a bit up to how he created Deesad but stopped in case any of it is in the new Cut.

I enjoyed the theatrical version. The Steppenwolf VFX were brutal, there was not enough about the League chargers outside of the mission and there was not enough Superman but I like it.

Steppenwolf's motivations are quite different between the cuts. The stuff I mentioned was not in Whedon's film

And I hated the theatrical version. :P Couldn't wait to walk out, felt like I was watching a random episode of some Justice League animated TV show. Not even a finale!

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The problem with Superman is you can't really have him in the whole film, otherwise nothings a threat.
    When he did show up, he was toying with Steppenwolf.
    Marvel have the same problem with Captain Marvel.

You either need to take them out of the film early to do other stuff, or limit their power with some form of mcguffin. Otherwise it's over after the first conflict.

No you can just give them an adversary that is a threat. Or an lot of less powerful ones.

The animated Justice League had a lot of stories where they didn't have to limit any powers.

Steppenwolf's motivations are quite different between the cuts. The stuff I mentioned was not in Whedon's film

Okies.

Is he still mo-capped and voiced bu=y Ciaran Hinds?
    I hated the theatrical version. :P Couldn't wait to walk out, felt like I was watching a random episode of some Justice League animated TV show. Not even a finale!

I loved every episode of the animated series so that is why it suit me.:D:

When are we getting HBO Max over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭techdiver

The character in the hood definitely looked to be DeSaad to me. Check out the animated movie Justice League: War. He appears in that movie. He always appears with a hood on as in the trailer with similar facial features.

He is basically one of Darkseids right hand men.

No you can just give them an adversary that is a threat. Or an lot of less powerful ones.

The animated Justice League had a lot of stories where they didn't have to limit any powers.
    There's only really a handful that are a threat to him though, they've already killed Doomsday and Zod.
    Need to save the others for big films so they don't run out of credible enemies too soon. Darkseid will obviously be showing up at some stage.

Throwing lots of less powerful ones at him would be a waste as well, as you know they're not a threat, just takes a bit longer due to numbers.

That's the problem when one of your main heroes is basically invincible with all sorts of powers.

• Advertisement

There's only really a handful that are a threat to him though, they've already killed Doomsday and Zod.
    Need to save the others for big films so they don't run out of credible enemies too soon. Darkseid will obviously be showing up at some stage.

Throwing lots of less powerful ones at him would be a waste as well, as you know they're not a threat, just takes a bit longer due to numbers.

That's the problem when one of your main heroes is basically invincible with all sorts of powers.

There are plenty of villains that can defeat superman. Trigon, Brainiac, etc. Characters such as Constantine could hold their own as Superman had very little defence against magic.

They've never really hinted at the magic angle in the films, so not sure if they can shoe horn that in.

I would like to see Trigon at some stage, hopefully do a better job than they did in Titans.

Then again, considering how things have been handled up to this point..

I agree that Superman's powers make it difficult but there is a limit to how many times you can use Kryptonite or take him out of the story so that he doesn't save the day too quickly.

These two cuts of Justice League has done the latter.

There are other options to levelling a fight for Superman in a Justice League movie other than limiting his power . He is as susceptible to magic as everyone else. Pit him against a team with different types of powers - like in Infinity War and Endgame when the heroes literally ganged up on Thanos. If the villain has an army then just send wave after wave against Superman - can be a lot of cool action to see and hinders hm being the one to save the day.

The Flash is the same. He is so fast no one can match than but rather than another speedster or zapping his power you put hm up against someone who can still get to him without needing to slow him down. Or someone so strong that his speed punch doesn't affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

They've never really hinted at the magic angle in the films, so not sure if they can shoe horn that in.

I would like to see Trigon at some stage, hopefully do a better job than they did in Titans.

Shazam....

Superman has a serious weakness to magical based powers.

techdiver wrote: »
    There are plenty of villains that can defeat superman. Trigon, Brainiac, etc. Characters such as Constantine could hold their own as Superman had very little defence against magic.

I started my post earlier and didn't see yours on magic - was not copying you :pac:

You could argue that magic already exists with Wonder Woman in the form of the Lasso of Hestia.

There was talk of a Justice League Dark movie, but that seems to have gone away, but could be used to introduce Constantine, magic, etc and circle back to the main characters.

I don't think it would be that much of a leap to be honest.

It would not be shoe horned in though.

It would just be something he didn't know about until it happens.

I agree that Superman's powers make it difficult but there is a limit to how many times you can use Kryptonite or take him out of the story so that he doesn't save the day too quickly.

These two cuts of Justice League has done the latter.

There are other options to levelling a fight for Superman in a Justice League movie other than limiting his power . He is as susceptible to magic as everyone else. Pit him against a team with different types of powers - like in Infinity War and Endgame when the heroes literally ganged up on Thanos. If the villain has an army then just send wave after wave against Superman - can be a lot of cool action to see and hinders hm being the one to save the day.

The Flash is the same. He is so fast no one can match than but rather than another speedster or zapping his power you put hm up against someone who can still get to him without needing to slow him down. Or someone so strong that his speed punch doesn't affect.

I agree, but Hollywood have proved they're not really radical thinkers.
    They've written DCU Superman to be pretty much indestructible.

I do hope they can come up with something decent though, Kryptonite only flies so many times.
    Tefral wrote: »
    Shazam....

Superman has a serious weakness to magical based powers.

Completely forgot about Shazam, and it was one of the better movies..

They need to introduce magic into the world first properly before attacking Superman with it, not just the few items WW has.

They can't just turn up and go MAGIC BITCH, boom.

I agree, but Hollywood have proved they're not really radical thinkers.
    They've written DCU Superman to be pretty much indestructible.

I do hope they can come up with something decent though, Kryptonite only flies so many times.

Completely forgot about Shazam, and it was one of the better movies..

They need to introduce magic into the world first properly before attacking Superman with it, not just the few items WW has.

They can't just turn up and go MAGIC BITCH, boom.

Shazam and Wonder Woman have shown that there is magic.

Superman can actually get hit with it out of the blue. Afterwards we can see Lois ask him what happened. He can say he was aware that magic existed but had never encountered it before, maybe even that he assumed he was immune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

This looks incredible.... with this and the other trailers for The Batman and The Suicide Squad, show gritty dark stuff, a different step from the MCU and maybe WB/DC have got their act together...

also because there are 4 hours available for this Snyder cut on HBO, that means it was all filmed before the trajedy hit his family?
    SO, Whedon was brought in to edit down to 2 hours, but then given free reign to change the story and make reshoots?

here is also a nice online Q&A with Zach and the Justice League......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

also because there are 4 hours available for this Snyder cut on HBO, that means it was all filmed before the trajedy hit his family?
    SO, Whedon was brought in to edit down to 2 hours, but then given free reign to change the story and make reshoots?

Ok, this helps explains things to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

I thought the original cut was bad, I enjoy aspects of him as a director but he's all aesthetic. That all said, if you give me the chance to watch this in the cinema given covid and just seeing the differences from mess to sprawling mess, I am game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Just watched the ultimate cut again of BvS. Whole family started to filter in and watch it and everybody really enjoyed it.

I see a lot of the more recent reviews on IMDB have been extremely favourable.

Hope Snyder makes the justice league as dark and in the same mould as BvS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The Ray Fisher/WB dispute is getting very messy! (/film)

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    The Ray Fisher/WB dispute is getting very messy! (/film)

I find that all very confusing.

I thought the issue was that Whedon was being abusive to everyone on the set, and Fisher complained to a producer. When nothing was done he contacted someone higher up but then cornered by Geoff Johns and threaten "in a nice way".

But is it really only about the portrayal of the character of Cyborg in the movie?

How powerful are DC Amazons?

I know they have speed, strength and stamina but what DC (or Marvel) hero has equivalent power?

Are they all Captain America or much stronger, faster, etc.?

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Jared Leto has joined Snyder's additional shoot taking place currently.

Should be interesting to see Leto under different direction and with the benefit of hindsight at play.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Snap :P

I'm glad to hear this news tbh, I was excited when Leto was cast and hopefully with the benefit of hindsight they'll be able to correct that abomination from Suicide Squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not quick enough it seems :pac:

Will keep an open mind as to how Leto's Joker fits into it all.

Advertisement