Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-09-2016, 11:35   #1
Somedaythefire

Cricket for a Newbie

Had a quick search but most topics seem a while old and a little dead. Apologies if I should have used a different thread.

So, I've never really played cricket, but I am a big enough fan. Been trying to get fit for a while now and wanted to get back into some form of sport. Stopped playing football a good couple of years back now and while looking into that I had the bright idea to maybe give cricket a go. The most I've done in the game is a few knocks with my nephew in a back garden, so yeah complete newbie

What's the best way for a complete beginner to get into the game? I'd be afraid that many of the clubs around me (North Dublin) would be too prestigious or whatever to give time of day to a beginner. I assume the summer season is over now, but any way to even get lightly involved? Any advice welcome, cheers lads.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-09-2016, 12:35   #2
Derco

Taverners cricket would be a good introduction. On the northside I know The Gravediggers pub have a team that play a bit

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion