Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Jacob Rees-Mogg fans here?

124»

Comments

Speedsie wrote: »
    Possibly CoE bishops, but the British PM would have nothing to do with appointing CoI bishops, including the 5 based in NI.

apologies, that's what I meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

He's a typical deluded old style Tory, who still fully believes in the old rule Britannia ****e. Unfortunately for him Britain ain't the major power it once was, Britain needs the EU far more than the EU needs it. Not saying a hard Brexit is good for Ireland but in time the UK will come to find out just how bad it is for them. I can't believe some of the delusion by Brexiteers. They actually thought they could get a good deal, why on earth would they get a good deal, they basically have no real cards to play and the EU was always going to want to make it harsh to discourage others from leaving.
    For the likes of Mogg though, Brexit will probably be very profitable on a personal level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I liked him at first but the more I see of him the more I've grown to dislike him.

His comments today about Mark Carney were below the belt. I think ppl are beginning to realise he's not a very nice man. Certainly I am.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-politics-46380090/jacob-rees-mogg-calls-mark-carney-a-failed-second-tier-politician

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Boris is just so much more serious leadership material, even though you have to respect JRM's core values, and his commitment to them.
    Great to have a PM who want more gags in his speeches, and, terrific French. He is probably right - they do love it when he talks it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-bbc-inside-foreign-office-documentary-watch-video-caroline-wilson-a8655511.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,934 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The first time I ever heard the Moggster speak I honestly thought he was taking the piss with that ridiculous accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The first time I ever heard the Moggster speak I honestly thought he was taking the piss with that ridiculous accent.

Despite fewer and fewer people using it these days, received pronunciation, is the only truly correct accent for English speakers. All other accents are regional variants with varying degrees of imperfection. JRM has a splendid accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Despite fewer and fewer people using it these days, received pronunciation, is the only truly correct accent for English speakers. All other accents are regional variants with varying degrees of imperfection. JRM has a splendid accent.

I don't have any problem with his accent. If you look back at Thatchers 80's government there were lots of politicians who spoke in a similar way like off the top of head Douglas Hurd. Point is I don't think he's forcing it, it's just his accent in the same way George Galloways accent is his natural accent.

There is only one Biritsh politician I know of that forces an accent and that is the buffoon Diane Abbot. Apparently she takes elocution lessons. Wassisssm.

https://youtu.be/61Ksn9K8l7s?t=98

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/12041706/Lucy-Powell-confirms-Diane-Abbott-mimicked-her-accent-during-a-shadow-cabinet-meeting.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I don't care what he looks like, sounds like, where he lives or where he worships, what he names his kids or his feckin dogs or whether or not he can trace his ancestry back to Methuselah's granny.

The man is a hypocrite and a clientelist, both him and his father and for that reason I consider him a greasy, self-serving, weasel piece of sh1t. He serves a very narrow constituency and is willing to deceive and impoverish ordinary working people to protect it.

Scum sucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭fash

Billy86 wrote: »
    For the likes of Mogg though, Brexit will probably be very profitable on a personal level.

He was the guy who said brexit would make take 50 years for it to financially break even - i.e. "don't worry that it is terrible now, it'll be great after you are dead - trust me seriously (and by the way, I personally made £50 million off the chaos, ha, ha)"

A full on parasite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He's a morally bankrupt person who cannot tell the truth.i wouldn't believe his radio. He's a disruptor and not much else.he's also the ultimate ditch hurler.i've never heard him provide realistic solitions or constructive criticism.says that it may take 50 years for britain to recover from brexit...who's he to decide that british kids born today are to be less well off for the majority of their lives?
    If brexit goes through the likes of him and farage will fade away with their hundreds of millions they've made from it.they're just smart enough to disrupt,not smart emough to build a better society.i just wish the consequences of their actions effected their households as much as the average man on the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Really Queen?

Advertisement