Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,112 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He has great delivery but the content was nothing we haven't heard a thousand times from a thousand different wrestlers.

Selling out, sold your soul, I'm an indie guy, you're a sports entertainer, yadda yadda yadda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

J. Marston wrote: »
    He has great delivery but the content was nothing we haven't heard a thousand times from a thousand different wrestlers.

Selling out, sold your soul, I'm an indie guy, you're a sports entertainer, yadda yadda yadda.

He's not wrong though!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Taz's sloppy shop comment doesn't age well now.

Jx19054.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

J. Marston wrote: »

I'd rather see something old done well than something new done horribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've probably said before, but I do find digs at WWE by former guys or guys who never made it there kind of annoying. How many of the guys who worked there have that place to thank for being able to charge higher rates for appearances. And how many are able to walk into a decent position in another company thanks to their job in WWE? Not saying they don't deserve there position but recognition is something that helps them.
    Same for people who never went to WWE. Others have said before that people start out in the business pretty much to get a job in WWE so just because they didn't make it doesn't mean they wouldn't want the job. Now that we have AEW they have an alternative place to go, but if that went under within the next year, I'm sure ones there wouldn't mind WWE looking for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,331 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Dark Order is made up some pretty damn good wrestlers I must say.

AEW 835K 9th ranked show of the night,

NXT 696K 38th ranked show of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just once it'd be refreshing for them to hire a guy like Heath Slater, and his first promo is something like "You all know where I came from... and I had a great time there, working with incredibly talented people, and made friends for life. Especially want to thank the guys at the very top for giving me the opportunity to wrestle for the biggest wrestling company in the world."

Due to the way AEW have positioned themselves, he'd get mega heat.

:)

Sammy at the NFL game.

The guy just has it.

https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1309331185831739392?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

:)

The guy just has it

The ability to run Benny Hill style through water and then continue that exact same running style with hands and legs swinging all over the place when he got back on dry land so he looks like an absolute fool...yep he sure does have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 MynamesColm

How good is Eddie Kingston on the mic? Loved the promos from him and Mr. Brodie Lee, quality stuff. As the main event was, just a good hard-hitting wrestling match. Great return for Cody too.

Roll on October 7th for the 30th anniversary celebration of the career of the Million viewer man!

Not sure why, but everytime I see Eddie Kingston speak in AEW it reminds me of Sinbad (and Rob Thomas) in Always Sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Not sure why, but everytime I see Eddie Kingston speak in AEW it reminds me of Sinbad (and Rob Thomas) in Always Sunny.

Get his shoe.

I think Brandi needs to start watching Dark and get new sources. Not long after Anna Jay appears as part of the Dark Order, Brandi cuts a promo saying she hears Anna's not there. Then very next match there's Anna as one of the fans, not exactly hiding.

Great opening match.

Ricky Starks is cash bloody money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,112 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Giving shoutouts to Meltzer.

Grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Am I the only one that just does NOT like QT Marshall?

I don't even know why, it's just an irrational dislike, and even when he does something impressive I don't care. I dunno if it is his look, or how his movement looks clunky at times - or his butchering of the Diamond Cutter......it's verging on change the channel heat for me.

What was the idea behind that brawl? Seemed pointless. I know both Cody and Brandi are in feuds with Dark Order but that was like before last PPV to lead into the battle royal

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Love Jericho on the mic, but thought that match against Kassidy was a very poor performance by him. He was so slow and sluggish. Really sad to see I thought. Loved his backstage interaction with MJF tho. He needs to stick to manager and commentary roles from here on end.

Ricky Starks just has it, his selling and facial expressions are top class. Very good opening match against Darby.

FTR/SCU was quality stuff too, and Baker looked great in her return squash. Thought Cody's promo was good too, another enjoyable episode of Dynamite!

The one constant weak point to the show now that it is a year old is JR on commentary.

Keep him off weekly TV and if you must use him use him on PPV's.

• Advertisement

I do wish they'd get more consistent with their title shots.

On the same show they announced the tournament for a world title shot, to which (I think Page) remarks, "those don't come every day"

Then later in the show it's like, "Moxley was pissed at what happened after last week's title match, so he said he'd put the title on the line to whoever wants it tonight"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I do wish they'd get more consistent with their title shots.

On the same show they announced the tournament for a world title shot, to which (I think Page) remarks, "those don't come every day"

Then later in the show it's like, "Moxley was pissed at what happened after last week's title match, so he said he'd put the title on the line to whoever wants it tonight"

I thought the whole point of wins and losses matter is it makes it easier to assign number one contendership.

AEW 886K 12th ranked show of the night.

NXT 732K 50th ranked show of the night.

I've said before but they do seem to love their tournaments and battle Royals for title shots. Like they're going into a tournament for a title shot before the winner of the previous battle royal has even had his match

Billy Mitchell with a fun surprise appearance was cool.

It's a year today since the first episode of Dynamite aired on TNT. Love them or hate them, you can't deny that that's a great achievement for a pro-wrestling company that's less than two years old.

A lot of people were willing them to fail, I wonder what the doubters who said they wouldn't last the year think now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I don't think anyone was willing them to fail, certainly not on here.

Some people thought they would fail, but that's entirely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,238 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MJF is slowly shooting up the wrestling charts, becoming one of the biggest superstars in both AEW and wrestling as a whole. During the latest episode of SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio, Bully Ray praised the superstar, saying he has limitless potential.

“If there is anybody in the wrestling business right now, who could live up to, work up to superstar potential in the future, it’s MJF,” he said. “MJF has what it takes to be Cena-esque, Rock-esque. He’s talented in the ring, but all you need to be is good in the ring, when you’re phenomenal on the stick, just look at the history of pro wrestling. MJF is good, and you know how MJF is going to get better in the ring? Working with guys that are better than him, and I don’t mean better physically, I don’t mean better spot wise. Better psychology wise, better storytelling wise.”

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1204517-bully-ray-says-mjfs-potential-is-unlimited-could-be-as-big-as-john-cena-or-the-rock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Bully ray is a wanker. If you seek evidence just look at his HoF speech where he's trying to big dog dvon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wonder which team will eventually stand up to the Bucks? Also did Nick come into contact with someone with Covid? since he wasnt shown on last weeks show either.

Another decent show, Darby/Starks, SCU/FTR were great matches, agree Jericho was very off in the match with Cassidy, enjoyed the Cody/Lee promo and sure you cant beat a brawl before a big match even though it wasnt a PPV but next week is going to be the 1 year anniversary so it made sense.

Butcher had a decent showing against Mox but id keep him in the tag division for now.

Im guessing they wont have Page announced for the tournament but maybe he could take out some one before the 1st round match to build towards the final against Omega(where he turns fully heel)

Advertisement