Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Keane Barry won the development tour today. He has the consistency can't wait till he gets his card

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

delighted to see peterson come from 5-1 down to beat price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

delighted to see peterson come from 5-1 down to beat price
    Didn't see the game, but Peterson has been in some good form in the floor tournaments, when I saw the draw i thought he might give Price a run for his money
    Looks like a wide open tournamnet now with MvG being beaten by Merv King and The Ferret beating Snakebite
    Fancy Aspinall if he gets past Chizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Be interesting to see what way the worlds will be this year?

No way can I see the PDC cancel/postpone it esp with it been one of sporting center pieces for Sky at Christmas/New years time

Won the tournament again today and gets his card. Going to be great having an Irishman competing with the best.

https://twitter.com/OfficialOLDarts/status/1310222103875063809?s=19

• Advertisement

you mean yet another Irishman
    we have already Lennon and O connor.....

MVG battered today 6-1 by king was lovely
    Wright went out
    Aspinall went out
    Price is out

Durrant who will never have a better chance (said countless times before and each time he failed)....he loses yet again.
    And people moaned when i said durrant will never be a top 5 player ever.

in a few months he starts defending money

We have Teehan too but Keane will actually compete with the best in years to come.

Devon Peterson in to his first final. Well deserved too playing great beat DeZwann, Price, Cross, Rataski and Noppert.

boomdocker wrote: »
    Didn't see the game, but Peterson has been in some good form in the floor tournaments, when I saw the draw i thought he might give Price a run for his money
    Looks like a wide open tournamnet now with MvG being beaten by Merv King and The Ferret beating Snakebite
    Fancy Aspinall if he gets past Chizzy

Devon has been living with joe cullen and they are supposedly practising around the clock, its paying dividends

I know some want to believe because mardle gave him "advice" that is the sole reason, but mardle has gave advice to countless players with zero results.

What can a person like mardle that never won a single thing of note give advice on ?
    losing in semis ?
    how to dust an empty trophy cabinet ?

Great stuff, whatever he has done/is doing it's working

• Advertisement

keane barry the #18 seed for the youth worlds tomorrow

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/09/27/2020-pdc-unicorn-world-youth-championship-field

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

might have a wee flutter on young barry to win it.

as good as he is and promises to be......I cannot see outside the lads like DeZwaan, Miekle, who has run amok in the dev tour.

Kind of ridiculous having DeZwann in there he's in the top 32 of the world.

Keane also qualified for Ally Pally today .

remember we had Fluke Humphries....a grown man, with not just a wife, but kids, but a beard and a beer belly winning the last youth world champs.
    sorry but a 26 year old should not be in a youth world champs....said it then and say it now.

The clue should be in the title..."youth world championship"

The draw for the Grand Prix is done. Tough one for VanGerwen he could be going home after round 1

https://twitter.com/WeeklyDartscast/status/1310516949819023361?s=19

Devon gives credit for all his success to Joe Cullen. Mardle gets all the credit from everyone else. Apologies Justin!

US2 wrote: »
    The draw for the Grand Prix is done. Tough one for VanGerwen he could be going home after round 1

https://twitter.com/WeeklyDartscast/status/1310516949819023361?s=19

So odd seeing this anywhere else but Dublin

Bloody covid

US2 wrote: »
    Devon gives credit for all his success to Joe Cullen. Mardle gets all the credit from everyone else. Apologies Justin!
    no worries

that is some tough draw in the grand prix

This could be the most wide open major in years

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Keane Barry into the L16 of the PDC World Youth Championships that's on today. Plays Martin Schindler next in a tough game.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Keane Barry into the L16 of the PDC World Youth Championships that's on today. Plays Martin Schindler next in a tough game.

Beaten unfortunately, looks like he battled from 5-2 down to make it 5-5 only to lose the decider

Last 16
    Jeffrey De Zwaan 6-5 Moreno Blom
    Ryan Meikle 6-5 Callan Rydz
    Brian Raman 6-4 Lewis Pride
    Joe Davis 6-2 Jaikob Selby-Rivas
    Martin Schindler 6-5 Keane Barry
    Bradley Brooks 6-4 William Borland
    Nathan Rafferty 6-2 Jarred Cole
    Niels Zonneveld 6-5 George Killington

Quarter-Finals
    Jeffrey De Zwaan 6-5 Ryan Meikle
    Joe Davis 6-4 Brian Raman
    Bradley Brooks 6-5 Martin Schindler
    Niels Zonneveld 6-2 Nathan Rafferty

Semi-Finals
    Joe Davis 6-5 Jeffrey De Zwaan
    Bradley Brooks 6-1 Niels Zonneveld

Final
    Joe Davis v Bradley Brooks
    To be played Sunday November 29

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Last 16
    Jeffrey De Zwaan 6-5 Moreno Blom
    Ryan Meikle 6-5 Callan Rydz
    Brian Raman 6-4 Lewis Pride
    Joe Davis 6-2 Jaikob Selby-Rivas
    Martin Schindler 6-5 Keane Barry
    Bradley Brooks 6-4 William Borland
    Nathan Rafferty 6-2 Jarred Cole
    Niels Zonneveld 6-5 George Killington

Quarter-Finals
    Jeffrey De Zwaan 6-5 Ryan Meikle
    Joe Davis 6-4 Brian Raman
    Bradley Brooks 6-5 Martin Schindler
    Niels Zonneveld 6-2 Nathan Rafferty

Semi-Finals
    Joe Davis 6-5 Jeffrey De Zwaan
    Bradley Brooks 6-1 Niels Zonneveld

Final
    Joe Davis v Bradley Brooks
    To be played Sunday November 29

joe davis used to be a fine snooker player back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Porthallian

So the 2020 Grand Slam and Premier League Play-offs now move to the Ricoh Arena in Coventry and also get new dates.

Grand slam - November 16-24th (originally 14-22nd)
    PL Play-offs - October 15th (originally 22nd)

Ladbrokes Players Championship Finals also moves to the Ricoh Arena, November 27-29.

Grand slam final will now be on a Tuesday night, PL final on a Thursday night as before.

Still looks like they are going to end up playing the World's at an empty Ally Pally, which seems ludicrous to me. But if they scheduled it abroad with a small crowd, you'd have players like Ando making excuses about not going probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Still looks like they are going to end up playing the World's at an empty Ally Pally, which seems ludicrous to me. But if they scheduled it abroad with a small crowd, you'd have players like Ando making excuses about not going probably.

Barry still hoping for a crowd at the Ally Pally (pipedream of being able to test everyone for Covid going in).

Reading between the lines it won't be at an empty AP anyway. It'll be moved either to a smaller empty venue or go abroad. He makes the excellent point (which hadn't occurred to me) that even if you pick a venue abroad, go on a big ticket selling spree there's no guarantee that restrictions won't apply in that city when the time comes.

https://www.skysports.com/darts/news/12288/12084325/pdc-world-championship-barry-hearn-says-options-remain-open-over-venue-choice

Barry still hoping for a crowd at the Ally Pally (pipedream of being able to test everyone for Covid going in).

Reading between the lines it won't be at an empty AP anyway. It'll be moved either to a smaller empty venue or go abroad. He makes the excellent point (which hadn't occurred to me) that even if you pick a venue abroad, go on a big ticket selling spree there's no guarantee that restrictions won't apply in that city when the time comes.

https://www.skysports.com/darts/news/12288/12084325/pdc-world-championship-barry-hearn-says-options-remain-open-over-venue-choice

It wont the be same in a different/empty arena (but what ****ing is the same in sport this year :mad::mad:) but its still the world championships and its still on at christmas/new years

Sky would be lost without it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It wont the be same in a different/empty arena (but what ****ing is the same in sport this year :mad::mad:) but its still the world championships and its still on at christmas/new years

Sky would be lost without it

There's no way they can hold the World Championships without Wayne's World Top 3 Costumes and Signs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Reading between the lines it won't be at an empty AP anyway.

What makes you so sure about that?

Hearn himself said "If it has to be Ally Pally behind closed doors, it will be. If it has to be somewhere else, it will be. If it can be with a crowd, it will be."

I still think that even an empty AP carries more meaning and glory than an empty Ricoh Arena for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

What makes you so sure about that?

Hearn himself said "If it has to be Ally Pally behind closed doors, it will be. If it has to be somewhere else, it will be. If it can be with a crowd, it will be."

I still think that even an empty AP carries more meaning and glory than an empty Ricoh Arena for example.

Basically because he didn't say "It will definitely be the Ally Pally, crowd or no crowd".
    This was his chance to take every other venue off the table.

But obviously I'm only guessing and trying to interpret what he said.

• Advertisement

Interview with Matt Porter from yesterday about the worlds and much more

https://youtu.be/Om_RL2p438w

Advertisement