Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interdepartmental HEO Competition 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pdoherty

Do we receive new positions on the order of merit after our applications have been reviewed? The 'shortlisting' process is particularly ambiguous for this competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kanovara

Did anyone else have Wicklow as a location? Anyone know how many did the tests this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Dublin only, over 800 on OOM so won't be in first batch for shortlisting.

Quite happy about that, was convinced I'd failed.

pdoherty wrote: »
    Do we receive new positions on the order of merit after our applications have been reviewed? The 'shortlisting' process is particularly ambiguous for this competition.

Previous campaigns, the process has been to recall the first batch to repeat the tests in a supervised location (PAS offices) to make sure you weren't cheating. A combination of the two then formed the official OOM, and applicants were called for interview based off this list.
    Kanovara wrote: »
    What is OOM? Did anyone else have Wicklow as a location? Anyone know how many did the tests this time around?

Order of Merit - a list of the best results, I order (1 = best, 2 = second etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

Kanovara wrote: »
    What is OOM? Did anyone else have Wicklow as a location? Anyone know how many did the tests this time around?

Order of Merit

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

I placed 900 Dublin panel safe to say I want be called anytime soon.havent recieved oom for kildare yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hargoc

Just got my results . 519 on OOM for Dublin and 44 for Galway. Happy enough to get through to the next stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

I passed and I got an OOM but for my second choice? Anyone else not get their first choice?

Edit: both are regional counties

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭AngelaG

For regions outside Dublin ..does anyone know on average what oom would have got to second round in previous comps ? I got 21 so not sure if I'm in with a chance of getting called ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

I must not have been the only one confused about the wording of the first message, they just sent another one clarifying that it is candidates from number 1 to 649 being shortlisted.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidan364

OOM 629 for Dublin and 79 for Galway.

Skippette wrote: »
    I passed and I got an OOM but for my second choice? Anyone else not get their first choice?

Edit: both are regional counties

I got both my places 54 in Dublin and 6 in Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maximus_1

I have only one message. States OOM as 90. Score of 925. However I assume I'm goosed as 90 is regional from what I am reading here although it makes no reference to that in the message. Confusing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Got in the 280s in OOM for Dublin. Shocked does not cover it - I genuinely thought I failed the numerical

citygal93 wrote: »
    what's going on? They've now sent a third message with the original wording of "649 or higher" although now my order of merit has gone way down?! so confusing

Are you for 2 regions, if so and your second choice is Dublin that may be why your OOM number dropped dramatically. Look at each message and see if they refer to 'Subcampaign: HEO Dublin 2019'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Second county email issued - was getting worried there, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kanovara

Maximus_1 wrote: »
    I have only one message. States OOM as 90. Score of 925. However I assume I'm goosed as 90 is regional from what I am reading here although it makes no reference to that in the message. Confusing!

It says campaign and subcampaign which refers to your regional location. I got score of 923 which placed me 960 in Dublin and 40 in Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tayto2017

Anyone get results for Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

120 kildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Got in the mid 100 for Dublin and teens for Kildare so I'm thrilled, thought I failed the verbal reasoning! Phew, now for the supervised tests!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

I got top 5 in my two choices (regional). I'm in total shock but delighted. Having said that, I got cut at shortlisting last time despite doing pretty well in Stage 1, so there is no guarantees in this. Trying hard not to get my hopes up, the leadership competency let me down last time, but I have been managing a new team this last year and a bit so I'm hoping that helps me. Good luck everyone!! This is so nerve wracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I got under 140 for Dublin - nervous about the shortlisting though and I hope they do shortlisting by application form before they make us do the next stage

@Sinus Pain

Last time they did the shortlisting after Stage 1 iirc. I definitely didn't have to go to PAS or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laggy67

From what I've heard on the grapevine, they will shortlist on applications before the supervised testing, obvioulsy take this with a grain of salt though. Well done to all

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

That’s good to hear - don’t want to be all worked up for going to PAS Only to be cut off afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stephaniec

Guys if you're over the 649 for Dublin will you not get a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laggy67

You will more than likely be in the second panel for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jacktipps

Is the 649, the cut off for the whole competition and out of that score your score broken down into your OOM on the regional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

jacktipps wrote: »
    Is the 649, the cut off for the whole competition and out of that score your score broken down into your OOM on the regional

The job of PAS is to ensure that there is a panel of suitably qualified personnel for the role. If they can't fulfill that requirement from the 649 then more will be called

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

730 for Dublin, what is the chances of been called

Also is next stage shortlisting then supervised or vice versa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Cccf42

So does it really mean that only people who chose Dublin and are above 649 will progress? Or what's next? Will other regions get called at all? I didnt choose Dublin. I'm new to this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lolo3103

I got 689 for Dublin. Hopefully there will be a second batch. Also taking into consideration the 649 number will most likely drop as a lot of people don't bother going into the next stage due to job offers or they are just not interested! Keeping my fingers crossed that will mean my OOM will push up higher on the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MISECT

Hi guys, glad the results are out and we are out of our misery, I totally did not expect to pass these tests - my head was all over the place when I was doing them but anyway I placed 113 overall, I am outside Dublin but they did not give me any placing for Limerick so I presume that is not a good sign is it - happy to have passed though and happy Easter everyone enjoy the long weekend break :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

lolo3103 wrote: »
    I got 689 for Dublin. Hopefully there will be a second batch. Also taking into consideration the 649 number will most likely drop as a lot of people don't bother going into the next stage due to job offers or they are just not interested! Keeping my fingers crossed that will mean my OOM will push up higher on the list!

There will definitely be a second batch. I don't think many will not bother going to the next stage as it's an interdepartmental competition so not too many will drop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cccf42

MISECT wrote: »
    Hi guys, glad the results are out and we are out of our misery, I totally did not expect to pass these tests - my head was all over the place when I was doing them but anyway I placed 113 overall, I am outside Dublin but they did not give me any placing for Limerick so I presume that is not a good sign is it - happy to have passed though and happy Easter everyone enjoy the long weekend break :)

They are still giving sending out results County by County. If you chose 2 areas you will get the results of both today. At the top of the message it will say the overall competition name and just under that the location

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MISECT

Thanks for that Cccf42 - ok lets hope they let me know where I am for Limerick so I know what is going on - best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lolo3103

There will definitely be a second batch. I don't think many will not bother going to the next stage as it's an interdepartmental competition so not too many will drop out.
    Oh yeah you're right it's indepartmental, of course no one will drop out. I'm waiting to hear back from other competitions so I get mixed up when these results come out!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

I got in the late 600, just missing the cut off. I'm actually happy about this now.

Last time I did the interd heo, i got very high up and was due to be called in the first batch, but I was part of the cull without getting to interview stage. I was Hurt, because i did put in the effort. I assume they will be doing the same sort of exercise next time around, so i'll happily wait for the 2nd batch to be called, knowing I will be one of the first this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

I assuming of the 650 called in the first batch , not all will make the short list.
    Then will they call the second batch for shortlisting ? Or is supervised tests next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 liverbird1

Hi All just wondering what scores in each test were like?? unfortunately I was 6 marks under the pass on management scenarios so didn't progress just curious re scores??
    my scores were as follows

Verbal Reasoning Test Score: 585

Numerical Reasoning Test Score: 754

Management Scenarios Questionnaire Score: 366

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Barraldo

LordBasil wrote: »
    Dublin only, over 800 on OOM so won't be in first batch for shortlisting.

Quite happy about that, was convinced I'd failed.

How do you know it's done in batches for this competition? I remember the batches from HEO 2017. I got placed 818 and got a follow up email from PAS saying they are only shortlisting from 1-649.

Bit confused. Can I celebrate? Or am I as successful as someone who didn't pass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Moocifer

I got through much to my surprise as I thought I really didn't get enough done. I'm 48 for Wexford and 49 for Waterford

My scores were

Verbal Reasoning 507

Numerical Reasoning 610

Management Scenarios 509

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Got through in the low double digits for both my locations.really happy but feel that I might get cut at shortlisting so don't want to get too ahead of myself

As usual, pretty unhappy that numerical doesn't count toward ranking as it is by far my best result

• Registered Users Posts: 30 liverbird1

Moocifer wrote: »
    I got through much to my surprise as I thought I really didn't get enough done. I'm 48 for Wexford and 49 for Waterford

My scores were

Verbal Reasoning 507

Numerical Reasoning 610

Management Scenarios 509
    Thanks Moocifer , I presume the numerical result was discarded as per usual ?? Good luck in the competition going forward.

Barraldo wrote: »
    How do you know it's done in batches for this competition? I remember the batches from HEO 2017. I got placed 818 and got a follow up email from PAS saying they are only shortlisting from 1-649.

Bit confused. Can I celebrate? Or am I as successful as someone who didn't pass?

Even though, like 2017, the campaign is lasting 2 years and accounting for 1-649 are not all Dublin, calculating that some people will be cut at shortlisting, fail tests/interviews etc.

The difference this time is there has been a lot of promotional campaigns for AP and so on over the past few years and factoring in retirements, freeing up HEO positions, it is highly likely there will be a 2nd batch for Dublin at least. See other comments confirming this.

• Advertisement

Naydy wrote: »
    @Sinus Pain

Last time they did the shortlisting after Stage 1 iirc. I definitely didn't have to go to PAS or anything :)

No last time they did the shortlisting after stage 2. I had exams in PAS

No last time they did the shortlisting after stage 2. I had exams in PAS

I don't think I went to PAS, but I could be mistaken! Apologies if I am. Seems like an awful waste of time if you aren't going to get past shortlisting. Bad enough to waste all that time on the application form!!

Naydy wrote: »
    I don't think I went to PAS, but I could be mistaken! Apologies if I am. Seems like an awful waste of time if you aren't going to get past shortlisting. Bad enough to waste all that time on the application form!!

I remember because I broke three fingers the week before I was due into PAS so had to do them in a room on my own with someone doing the mouse for me.

Got in the top 20 then got eliminated at shortlisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Rosie_ob

Last time HEO 2017 I went to PAS for verification tests and then wasn’t shortlisted very disappointing. I had only missed out by 3 marks in one competency at interview stage in 2016. They changed the shortlisting in the last AP competition so that it happens before supervised testing.

I finished 47 for Dublin and gave my form a lot of time so really hope I make it through shortlisting this time. Does anyone know if the management scenario score carries over this time ( it has in previous HEO competitions) but in the most recent AP comp they were repeated as part of the verification tests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Should do tests first.
    Candidates will have a good idea of opportunities based on placing.
    Then verification, then form, then shortlisting, then interview/presentation.
    It would save all sides so much time and effort.

• Advertisement
Advertisement