Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaa watcher to Gaa player

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Fair play on breaking the cycle and getting out on the Thursday
    A small one that works for me.
    Have one of those apps that tracks steps.
    Make sure even on the lazy days I get in 7 or 8k steps. Good for the head to know I've not been pure lazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Fair play on breaking the cycle and getting out on the Thursday
    A small one that works for me.
    Have one of those apps that tracks steps.
    Make sure even on the lazy days I get in 7 or 8k steps. Good for the head to know I've not been pure lazy

I think it was the wisdom tooth tbh. Im not a lazy person by nature (or at least with the last while) and i think the amount of ibuprofen i was taking to kill the pain was making me tired/sleepy. I have a garmin watch that i use to track my activities and i agree they are a great tool. Calories burned is one i track a lot

A busy week with my move for movember run challenge:

Monday, Day 2: 5k 35m 48s

Tuesday: 3k at Lunch and 2k in the evening with my son

Wednesday: 5k 34m 20s. Then out with the missus for 3 steady k of her c2 5k run.

Thursday: 5K 34m 10s- New PB

Friday: 5k with my 9yo son. A special one. 36m 26s , Then 3k with the missus steady for her couch to 5k

Saturday: 5k in the rain with no headphones. 35m 3s

Sunday: Got a call friday night that a few lads from the junior gaa team had seen my facebook post and were coming up to run with me Sunday morning. 5k in 32m 57s. Over a minute off my PB. We did 3 x 100m sprints after that.

total run in the week 41.4km and €140 raised for Movember.

Weight 15st 10.

was very apprehensive about this before starting but after nailing my colours to the mast and announcing i was doing it on social media im coping better than i thought i would. The 5k with my son was great. He has better perserverance at 9 than i could ever imagine having. I enjoyed the run with the lads from the team also. A nice gesture to run with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    was very apprehensive about this before starting but after nailing my colours to the mast and announcing i was doing it on social media im coping better than i thought i would. The 5k with my son was great. He has better perserverance at 9 than i could ever imagine having. I enjoyed the run with the lads from the team also. A nice gesture to run with me.

Sometimes making it public is a good way to help keep you accountable because real friends will be supportive. That was class that they came out and joined you on a run and the icing was smashing the PB.

Great to have your son by your side as well :)

Another week done of the challenge and im half way there.

Monday: 3k with the missus at lunchtime and 2k on my own.
    Tuesday: 5k witht he GAA lads 31m 41s and 4x100m sprints
    Wednesday: 3k with the missus and 2k on my own
    Thursday: 5k with the GAA lads 32m 30s and 4 x 100m sprints
    Friday: 3k with the missus and 2k on my own
    Saturday: 2k with my son and 3.5k in the lashing rain on my own
    Sunday: 3k with the missus and 2k on my own.

total Distance: 36km

Another week done:

Monday: Slow 5k: 35mins

Tuesday: 5k with the gaa lads: 32mins 11 , Then 4x100mm sprints

Wednesday: an hour of online yoga and then ran 5k with Dad.

Thursday: New 5k pb with the Gaa lads: 30mins 29s , 4x100m sprints after

Friday: 5k Slow, 36:34

Saturday: 3k with the missus and 2k on my own

Sunday: 5.5k with one of the lads off the gaa team. 35.23 for the 5.5k. About 31mins for the 5

Weight: 15 stone 8 this morning, Want to get that below 15 and a half this week.

Total Distance Run: 36.65

Ive hit over 300 on my fundraising also this week so im delighted with that. Only 8 runs left now to complete. Im toying with the idea of going for a sub 30 5k on the last day or trying to go for 10k. i think both are achievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Seriously impressed with the attitude

5k a day everyday is hard going.
    The knees or hips at you?

Seriously impressed with the attitude

5k a day everyday is hard going.
    The knees or hips at you?

Cheers, Knee giving me a small bit of gyp now but it will be ok i hope. Important for myself to finish this i think so ill just go slowly for the 8 days if needed.

5k every day for Movember- Complete

Monday: 3k with the missus and then 2k on my own

Tuesday: 5k with the GAA lads 33.40 but with 2 big hills negotiated twice

Wednesday: 3k with the missus and 2 k on my own

Thursday: Same route as Tuesday: 32.45

Friday: 4k with the missus and 1k on my own

Saturday: 5.66km with one of the gaa lads

Sunday: 6.5k with the Gaa lads and then 3k with the missus that night

Monday: Final 5k for the month 32.36.

Felt great after finishing it. I looked back on a few early posts on here this morning and ive come a long way. Delighted with myself but need to keep it going now.

ended up with 180km covered in the month and €400 raised for charity.

Did my first 10k yesterday in 1hr 7 mins. Delighted with it

• Advertisement

And the usual January craic with me... time to go again. In the past few weeks ive done feck all cos have had a few coronavirus cases close to us and ive been doing ppls shopping etc etc. All excuses but sure ill get back at it now. Going to start logging again here for accountability

Advertisement