Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Betting Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Chargers killed me alright, I had taken Bengals with the points in a double with Tampa, that was the only winning bet slip I had. Chargers were a staple of my beta last night

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

L.S.F wrote: »
    Fancy the Bears (+3.0), Buccs (-5.5), Bengals (+4.5) and dare I say it, the Jets (+11.5) on the spread this week. Also have the Chargers (-6.5) in there too.

No acca wins yet early doors but hit the bar on my last two (Cowboys & Chiefs)

Had the Jets and Chargers in the spread accas so no luck there.

Took a treble with the alternate handicap on Bengals (moneyline 2/1), Bears -1.5 and Bucs (-10.5) which came in as first game is void with the tie.

Powers have had some Power Prices that have hit the first few weeks. Had Zeke Rush & Rec TD @10s week 1 and in our fantasy league someone does a bet each week and had Kamara TD each half at decent odds from it too. Will keep an eye on what they have and post up.

Will have a look at an early acca in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I swear, every time I bet against Ryan Fitzpatrick on a spread he costs me money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Blut2

I swear, every time I bet against Ryan Fitzpatrick on a spread he costs me money.

I saw him described in an article this week as "half the time hes Fitzmagic, the other half hes Fitztragic" - its a pretty good description of him. Hes just so completely unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Few prices I like in the games tonight. Each team 1+ td and 1+ field goal in each half(Atlanta green bay) 14/1

Atlanta ht
    Green bay ft
    13/2

Mecole hardman anytime 11/2

Burkehead and Edwards helaire 1+ td each

• Advertisement

Few prices I like in the games tonight. Each team 1+ td and 1+ field goal in each half(Atlanta green bay) 14/1

Atlanta ht
    Green bay ft
    13/2

Mecole hardman anytime 11/2

Burkehead and Edwards helaire 1+ td each

On this myself, hit it with the Jets game on Thursday along with BTTS in every quarter.

Also got points in every quarter on the early games on sunday so on a nice little run :D

Also for tonight:
    Hill 1+ TD each half 9/1
    2+ TD Watkins 12/1, Hurst 11/1, Shepard 25/1, Taylor 55/1

All just a quid or two to keep interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bet of the night for me is Robert Tonyan jr. anytime TD at 9/4. He's had one in each if the last two games and the Falcons have given up four in three games to tight ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

eagle eye wrote: »
    Bet of the night for me is Robert Tonyan jr. anytime TD at 9/4. He's had one in each if the last two games and the Falcons have given up four in three games to tight ends.

Nice bet! he only got the 3 TDs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

tonc76 wrote: »
    Nice bet! he only got the 3 TDs :)

Wouldnt have hurt to hit MVS once like to get my bet and fantasy teams victories...nope lost by half a point

Nothing jumping out this week as of yet. Fancy a few of the underdogs on the spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

Browns, boys, niners ml

Mad ftd canadian featuring andrews, j robinson, ebron, I ford (anytime), schultz (anytime),

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I know it's aftertiming, but I've been putting on silly doubles, trebels (and more) like this all season. Nice to have one finally pay off and cover the losses on previous weeks. Can't wait to lose it all again.

I know it's aftertiming, but I've been putting on silly doubles, trebels (and more) like this all season. Nice to have one finally pay off and cover the losses on previous weeks. Can't wait to lose it all again.

Nice one!

I done something similar with singles a few years back. Would pick just one player per round of games for over/unders (6pm's, 9pm's, late games) and do an accumulator on single bets. Start with a fiver and I think if you get 12 in a row it gets to €1k.
    Cashed out for a few hundred that season but never been able to get a run of it since!

L.S.F wrote: »
    Nothing jumping out this week as of yet. Fancy a few of the underdogs on the spread.

Panthers, Raiders, Dolphins, Browns, Giants, Vikings, Chargers & Titans all covered the spread. Pity I had Bengals or Washington in any acca I done! :(:o

Chiefs cost me a five timer.

Gonna stick to the player props markets and see how I fare out have picked out 6 different bets after a bit of studying.

Justin Jefferson longest reception over 26.5 yards @5/6

The longest reception against atlanta has gone over this line in all but the green bay game this year including with multiple receivers against dallas and chicago. Jefferson has topped this line in 3 of the 5 games. Atlantas defence is like a sieve these days and Jefferson seems to be the best deep threat the vikes have.

Irv smith jr anytime td @7/2

Smith had a bit of a breakout game last week clocking in season high totals in targets and receptions in the prime time game against Seattle. Hoping he will continue here the Falcons have given up 7 tds to tight ends this year and without dalvin cook there may be a bit of variance in the red zone play of minnesota.

Joe Mixon over 15.5 rushing attempts 10/13

Mixon has topped this line in 17 of the last 21 games and in every game this year. Playing the colts I can see this game staying close for a long period the colts wouldnt exactly be a quick strike offence so Mixon should see enough touches here to land this bet.

David Montgomery over 24.5 receiving yards @5/6

Since tarik Cohen went down he has topped this line in both games and 3 of 5 games this year. The bears o line is strong for a running even though Carolina are struggling against the run so now that it is mainly Montgomery in the back field this line looks well within range. Todd Gurley even topped this line last week against the panthers and he wouldnt be a strong pass catching back this is where teams will look to target the panthers.

Kenny golladay longest reception over 25.5 yards @4/5

Golladay went over this line in 12 of 16 games last year started this season struggling with a hamstring injury but coming off the bye week he should be fully back up to speed this week the jags give up a lot of yards in the passing game and golladay is a bit of a freak will be looking for Stafford to find golladay as his go to man this and going forward.

Antonio gibson over 3.5 receptions @6/5

Gibson has been growing into the washington offence and topped this line in his last 2. He went over this line very early last week before kyle allen went down and the passing game moved away from Gibson. Allen is back this week and think he will look to get plenty of ball into gibsons hands coming out of the backfield.

I've gone with trebles of:

Devante Parker over 61.5
    Will Fuller over 63.5
    Justin Jefferson over 67.5

Robert Tonyan under 44.5
    Damien Harris under 57.5
    Irv Smith over 2.5 rec

Gonna stick to the player props markets and see how I fare out have picked out 6 different bets after a bit of studying.

Justin Jefferson longest reception over 26.5 yards @5/6

The longest reception against atlanta has gone over this line in all but the green bay game this year including with multiple receivers against dallas and chicago. Jefferson has topped this line in 3 of the 5 games. Atlantas defence is like a sieve these days and Jefferson seems to be the best deep threat the vikes have.

Irv smith jr anytime td @7/2

Smith had a bit of a breakout game last week clocking in season high totals in targets and receptions in the prime time game against Seattle. Hoping he will continue here the Falcons have given up 7 tds to tight ends this year and without dalvin cook there may be a bit of variance in the red zone play of minnesota.

Joe Mixon over 15.5 rushing attempts 10/13

Mixon has topped this line in 17 of the last 21 games and in every game this year. Playing the colts I can see this game staying close for a long period the colts wouldnt exactly be a quick strike offence so Mixon should see enough touches here to land this bet.

David Montgomery over 24.5 receiving yards @5/6

Since tarik Cohen went down he has topped this line in both games and 3 of 5 games this year. The bears o line is strong for a running even though Carolina are struggling against the run so now that it is mainly Montgomery in the back field this line looks well within range. Todd Gurley even topped this line last week against the panthers and he wouldnt be a strong pass catching back this is where teams will look to target the panthers.

Kenny golladay longest reception over 25.5 yards @4/5

Golladay went over this line in 12 of 16 games last year started this season struggling with a hamstring injury but coming off the bye week he should be fully back up to speed this week the jags give up a lot of yards in the passing game and golladay is a bit of a freak will be looking for Stafford to find golladay as his go to man this and going forward.

Antonio gibson over 3.5 receptions @6/5

Gibson has been growing into the washington offence and topped this line in his last 2. He went over this line very early last week before kyle allen went down and the passing game moved away from Gibson. Allen is back this week and think he will look to get plenty of ball into gibsons hands coming out of the backfield.

5 for 6 on these Smith jnr dropped/had one knocked out on the goal line to prevent a clean sweep.

Mostert to have over 2.5 receptions @1/1 will be the final play for me tonight will have a look into the games tomorrow too

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Brenty

5 for 6 on these Smith jnr dropped/had one knocked out on the goal line to prevent a clean sweep.

Mostert to have over 2.5 receptions @1/1 will be the final play for me tonight will have a look into the games tomorrow too

Great calls and reasoning for the earlier ones! What is reasoning for Mostert?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Wentz/Philly cost me my bet with that late score.

• Advertisement

Brenty wrote: »
    Great calls and reasoning for the earlier ones! What is reasoning for Mostert?

Running backs receptions against the rams have yielded 5,4,4,3,3 this year the pass rush is so good that the quick dump off is very common. The 9ers use mostert in the passing game quite a bit too having 3,5,2 receptions in the 3 games he has played this year. Touch of risk attached as they use a running back committee in the Sam fran but I do see mostert being the best of them

Had 2 before ht and got knocked out of the game on the first play of the second half.

Happy to tak the over on kelces yards in the early game tonight should see more targets without watkins and the Bills have given up some decent yardage to alot worse te's than kelce

Over 72.5 @5/6

Had 2 before ht and got knocked out of the game on the first play of the second half.

Happy to tak the over on kelces yards in the early game tonight should see more targets without watkins and the Bills have given up some decent yardage to alot worse te's than kelce

Over 72.5 @5/6

Gonna take a bit of a flyer with byron pringle for an anytime td scorer @12s no real reasoning bar the fact Watkins is out.

Kyler Murray over 43.5 rush yards my pick for the late game has gone over in 3 of 5 games this year and dallas are porous defensively

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

What site are you guys using for a lot of the markets listed above? Haven't seen them on Paddy Power.

My bets so far haven't been great. Got a nice enhanced treble up last Sunday though. AJBrown, Claypool and Fulgham all anytime TD - €5 at 25/1

I keep backing the 'Both teams to score a TD & FG in each half' at about 12/1... always tempts me, and never comes in :/

gerryfed wrote: »
    What site are you guys using for a lot of the markets listed above? Haven't seen them on Paddy Power.

My bets so far haven't been great. Got a nice enhanced treble up last Sunday though. AJBrown, Claypool and Fulgham all anytime TD - €5 at 25/1

I use Unibet, though mainly because I've closed my accounts on most other sites and they won't let me back.

A lot of sites don't put player props up until a day or two before the game.

Looking at travis fulgham tonight as I think his line looks to be set on the low side has had 23 targets in the last 2 games with sanders and ertz out I wouldnt be too worried about the return of jackson it may well help take some of the heat off him. Like I said these lines look wrong to me so will get involved in more than 1

Fulgham over 4.5 receptions @4/5
    Fulgham over 60.5 receiving yards @5/6

And a little go on the paddy power power price

Fulgham 100+ receiving yards and a td @17/2

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Looking at travis fulgham tonight as I think his line looks to be set on the low side has had 23 targets in the last 2 games with sanders and ertz out I wouldnt be too worried about the return of jackson it may well help take some of the heat off him. Like I said these lines look wrong to me so will get involved in more than 1

Fulgham over 4.5 receptions @4/5
    Fulgham over 60.5 receiving yards @5/6

And a little go on the paddy power power price

Fulgham 100+ receiving yards and a td @17/2

Nice! I’m playing against Fulgham in my main fantasy league so can’t bring myself to heavily back him, but definitely like the odds!

I went for Freeman and Scott 53+ rushing each, Slayton 53+ receiving and Fulgham 58+ receiving - 11/1

And then as a longer shot... Freeman and Scott 2+ TDs each - 60/1

I like Boston Scott for at least one touchdown tonight. He has two career games with double digit touches in his career to this point and they were both against the Giants last season. He had a combined four touchdowns in those games and he starts tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not NFL related but....

I took Louisville -4.5 doubled with Tulane/UCF over 70.5.

Checked the lines this morning and was disappointed to see Louisville were now -3.5 but happy to see the other line out to 73.5

Anyway, watchin both games and all going well and looking forward to cashing in. Louisville won easily, the other game was close to 50 points by half time.

Checked the betfair account...I'd accidentally bet the under not the over. Not my finest moment.

Obviously the game went closer to 100 points than 70.

• Advertisement

8 of my last 9 props have come in, so it's time to come crashing back down to earth with:
    • Golloday over 74.5 yds
    • Keenan Allen over 5.5 rec.
    • Schultz over 27.5 yds
    • Kyle Allen over 1.5 passing TDs
    • Kareem Hunt anytime TD
    • Todd Gurley anytime TD
    • Bills -10

Advertisement