Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Roof isn't too pricey I believe. Bricklinking a large set can work out a lot more than you think it will when there's rarer parts as you throw huge amounts away on postage - I did the first three modulars (Cafe Corner/Market Street/Green Grocer) this way.

The sticker sheet is <20 quid which is surprising for a set that's very dear now.

I've had it since launch thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

L1011 wrote: »
    Roof isn't too pricey I believe. Bricklinking a large set can work out a lot more than you think it will when there's rarer parts as you throw huge amounts away on postage - I did the first three modulars (Cafe Corner/Market Street/Green Grocer) this way.

The sticker sheet is <20 quid which is surprising for a set that's very dear now.

I've had it since launch thankfully!

Yip. BL can be a expensive learning experience. I spent almost 5-600 euro and points to get a 99.9% (I gave it actual windows on the 1st floor) Cafe Corner, but that included a lot of parts which were made in very few sets. That right hand opening door frame, I've seen go for up to 50euro. Those roof tiles were 15 euro each, but luckily the exact number returned briefly on PAB. Looking at HH, I can't see anything that should make it that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I wouldn't spend much more than RRP on it. It's a cool set and I prefer it to the new set, but it's fairly basic in terms of design. I'm guessing it shouldn't be that expensive to brick link it with a few subs for the maybe the roof?

Yeah each to their own I just absolutely adore the set.

I love the style as well - a modular playset then opens up like a dolls house, same as ghostbusters firehouse.

I'd guessing it retailed around €200 and I spent around €450 which some would think utter madness but it's my favourite set they've ever done so worth it to me. I got into lego only 5 years ago and haven't bought many retired sets at all - just that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

V annoying had star wars duel in my basket and in paying for it but having to type in 3 different poxy VIP off vouchers. Get to last one and opppssss something went wrong message pops up then when I hit the button to redeem it when in payments option. Boom nothing its gone from my basket. Pain in the ass really is, you would think once in your basket stays there for at least 10 mins to do your bloody order. Those codes take a while to type the numbers in when inputting them to get a discount. Out of stock now when I went back on it surely the one in my basket just about to pay for should of stayed there. Really annoying.

My lego haul from a few hrs earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Trying to limit the buys these days. Have a pile of sets I want to sell now to fund a project. However, couldn't resist that R2D2 and positively excited to build it. Missed the older model. I have Darth Vaders helmet to tie me over in the meantime. The Gunship and ATAT coming this year are worth waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Trying to limit the buys these days. Have a pile of sets I want to sell now to fund a project. However, couldn't resist that R2D2 and positively excited to build it. Missed the older model. I have Darth Vaders helmet to tie me over in the meantime. The Gunship and ATAT coming this year are worth waiting for.

Yeah I’m hoping the at at is one of the best Lego sets ever.

Also really excited about the Home Alone house.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭General Disarray

Just picked up my new R2D2 set, along with the free Tatooine Homestead set, today.
    It looks like it'll be a good build.

Just watched a video there of lego star wars sets out this year. Seems 2 will be Wallmart exclusives. Do they end up in any store over here or the UK? Just they are both really good sets from the video I saw. Mandalorian season 1 in the forge when he is getting his armour made and season 7 of clone wars seems to be mandalorian starfighter.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just watched a video there of lego star wars sets out this year. Seems 2 will be Wallmart exclusives. Do they end up in any store over here or the UK? Just they are both really good sets from the video I saw. Mandalorian season 1 in the forge when he is getting his armour made and season 7 of clone wars seems to be mandalorian starfighter.

They'll be available on Lego.com I think

• Advertisement

I hope so as they are 2 sets I would like to pick up. Least have a bit of time as a few other sets I want to pick up and seems star wars next sets aren't out till August anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That's correct. Unless it's an event exclusive set (SDCC) when something is exclusive at a retailer it means in nearly every case (bar the odd set) that it's just that that retailer has the exclusive third party rights.

As an example, the recently-revealed LEGO Marvel 76199 Carnage will be available exclusively through Zavvi in the UK however will still be available on Lego.com.

That's correct. Unless it's an event exclusive set (SDCC) when something is exclusive at a retailer it means in nearly every case (bar the odd set) that it's just that that retailer has the exclusive third party rights.

As an example, the recently-revealed LEGO Marvel 76199 Carnage will be available exclusively through Zavvi in the UK however will still be available on Lego.com.
    Deadly thanks as I didn't want to miss out on them when released.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone else that ordered the R2D2 on the 1st, is your order still sitting in the warehouse? Ordered R2 & the probe droid bang on 12:01 midnight

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Yes, mine is too, although I did order 76188 (Batman™ Classic TV Series Batmobile™) at the same time, and that was backordered for a couple of days. All showing as In Warehouse now

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Anyone else that ordered the R2D2 on the 1st, is your order still sitting in the warehouse? Ordered R2 & the probe droid bang on 12:01 midnight

Mine shipped this evening and I ordered at the same time as you. Maybe has shipped for you by now?

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Spocker wrote: »
    Yes, mine is too, although I did order 76188 (Batman™ Classic TV Series Batmobile™) at the same time, and that was backordered for a couple of days. All showing as In Warehouse now

Mine have just shipped now too

Anyone going to get this set? 100 euro set on August 1st.I think looks great and minifigures look awesome.

Anyone going to get this set? 100 euro set on August 1st.I think looks great and minifigures look awesome.

I was hoping to pre order it yesterday when I heard it was officially announced but looks like pre orders are US only. I suspect it'll sell out straight away

I was hoping to pre order it yesterday when I heard it was officially announced but looks like pre orders are US only. I suspect it'll sell out straight away

I didn't even cop that until you said it. Hopefully it will as like you say it will be a huge seller for them and will be a tough set to get for a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Mine shipped this evening and I ordered at the same time as you. Maybe has shipped for you by now?

Yup, in transit somewhere. Was hoping to have for the weekend :(

New Lego Friends set on the way (the TV show not the theme).

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1391015060504514569?s=19

Monica and Rachels Apartment. Looking forward to picking it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

A leaked image doing the rounds on Instagram shows Joey & Chandlers Apt, the hallway and Monica & Rachel's Apt from the perspective of the filming crew, similar to the Central Perk set.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Looks good and full of references. That Janice minifigure is the most accurate of the lot too

Officially announced and it looks awesome.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1392102272218370051?s=19

Coming in at 2,048 pieces and retailing for €149.99, it's out in May 19 for VIP members and June 1 to the public.

Officially announced and it looks awesome.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1392102272218370051?s=19

Coming in at 2,048 pieces and retailing for €149.99, it's out in May 19 for VIP members and June 1 to the public.

It looks amazing! I thought I'd completed (most) of my lego spending for May but I guess not!

Luke skywalker bespin in the star wars magazine out today. Was a duel pack with a micro tie bomber and that mini figure. But there was another magazine same one but not the minifigure with it but micro ATAT. So you might get one or the other depends on the shop selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Luke skywalker bespin in the star wars magazine out today. Was a duel pack with a micro tie bomber and that mini figure. But there was another magazine same one but not the minifigure with it but micro ATAT. So you might get one or the other depends on the shop selling them.

Our one had the resistance x wing that was with september’s issue!

nialldinho wrote: »
    Our one had the resistance x wing that was with september’s issue!

Say just lucky what shop gets what one. Surprised same shop I was in had the 2 different types of the magazine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Found this interesting just recommended for the neighbors kids as we live by a river. How long it will last is another thing, more a bath toy I suspect.

Probably been mentioned before as it seems to have been around for about a year.

Amazon - LEGO 42105 Technic Catamaran to Race Power Boat 2in1 Floating Model Toy £25

Plenty of good pictures in the reviews.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement