Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I was hoping to find some of the new sets in Smyths Fonthill but the que to get in was absolutely massive (around the corner past Elverys) so didn't even bother looking.

Was in smyths Airside on Friday and I didn't notice any of the new sets

I know should be posted in lego bargain but was in clearwater tesco and some lego sets reduced they had 3 sets of hidden side half price i got the last 2 wonder woman 1984 sets down to 12.49 each

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

I was hoping to find some of the new sets in Smyths Fonthill but the que to get in was absolutely massive (around the corner past Elverys) so didn't even bother looking.

Not necessarily Lego related, but I was out Tallaght way yesterday, said I'd pull into the Smyths to get a handful of the new Loony Tunes minifigs. My first hint should have been having to do two laps of the car park before getting a spot. No queue to get in but my God, and I appreciate it was a sunny Saturday afternoon but the place was jammed.

Couldn't see any of the minifigs along the lego aisle or up at the stands on the tills, only the "normal" and the Mario ones. Asked someone, he asked someone else who beat his way through the crowd and came back with two and pointed towards the tills where he said there was more of them if I wanted more and promptly disappeared. It was only as I was queuing up that I realised he had given me one Looney Tunes and one Mario, both white bags to be fair and he looked under pressure. Looked over where the stand was, again only saw Mario bags, dumped that one and got out of there. And that's my story of how I went to hell and back for a single minifig :o

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Upstairs they have section with toys and a bit of lego.

I tried Smyths in Naas on the way home but no luck either. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of larger sets Smyths seem to stock now. Was v close to walking out with a haunted mansion

Legged it into Brandmax beside it though and picked up one of the new Harry Potter sets. They had some of the new Disney Mickey Mouse sets too. Thanks for the heads up

I tried Smyths in Naas on the way home but no luck either. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of larger sets Smyths seem to stock now. Was v close to walking out with a haunted mansion

Legged it into Brandmax beside it though and picked up one of the new Harry Potter sets. They had some of the new Disney Mickey Mouse sets too. Thanks for the heads up

Yeah smyths have nice big sets now, the haunted mansion is a nice looking set. I think a lot of great sets coming out this year. Still have to get a few star wars sets myself that are retiring this year and then the next wave coming 1st August. Hopefully smyths might do 10 euro off 50 this year in September but probably not as they didn't last year over covid so might be same deal this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Yeah smyths have nice big sets now, the haunted mansion is a nice looking set. I think a lot of great sets coming out this year. Still have to get a few star wars sets myself that are retiring this year and then the next wave coming 1st August. Hopefully smyths might do 10 euro off 50 this year in September but probably not as they didn't last year over covid so might be same deal this year.

Could come sooner than you might think😄

madalig12 wrote: »
    Could come sooner than you might think��

Hopefully as be handy, more they didn't want the crowds in last year over social distancing and be mad in the shop and q etc.

Does anyone plan on picking up the Daily Bugle tonight?

I keep flip flopping on it. It comes with great minifigs but the actual building looks a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I keep flip flopping on it. It comes with great minifigs but the actual building looks a bit meh.

I'm the the same boat. I'm not big into the modulars but I do have both the Ninjago City and City docks sets. And will be getting the Ninjago City garden set. At least those three compliment each other.

I'll likely pick up the bugle down the line when it's on offer

I'm the the same boat. I'm not big into the modulars but I do have both the Ninjago City and City docks sets. And will be getting the Ninjago City garden set. At least those three compliment each other.

I'll likely pick up the bugle down the line when it's on offer
    I would recommend getting it, if I could I would. Sure look at ghosbusters HQ, sells for mad money now, I can see this set when it retires selling for mad money down the line. So will save people in the long run then for not buying it.

• Advertisement

I would recommend getting it, if I could I would. Sure look at ghosbusters HQ, sells for mad money now, I can see this set when it retires selling for mad money down the line. So will save people in the long run then for not buying it.

It's hard to tell though. I could be wrong but I don't believe the larger Marvel sets such as the Helicarrier and Hulk buster will ever appreciate like the Ghostbusters HQ.

Ghostbusters is such a beloved franchise and it was very much a once off which is why the price is so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i am not feeling it for the Daily Bugle either, it didn't even get me 'wow' on the first sight. I am thinking maybe it is because of the grey bricks lol.

That older set i missed 76057 Ultimate Bridge Battle - i have regret until today i didn't grab it when it was like £70 - now thats a great design set with great value (rrp back then was like 100e anyway).

Now this 2021 Daily Bugle is 300e. Ah...

Lots of fans have wanted Daredevil and Punisher for so long (i was excited) - i saw some random youtube video last week that some guy was talking on there is no leg prints on most of the minifigs in this set - i agreed with that. The minifigs quality is not that high really and lack of 'exclusivity', DD, punisher, Blade definitely could have been done better and same to other more common figs as well (exclusive arm prints or at least duo mold legs etc). The only thing i like most is the broken window design, so cool (and ye i know it could be restored).

I could see how they could have made it more compact and drop the price a bit maybe like near 200-250e instead of 300e (e.g. less civilian minifigs and all those smooth floor tiles...). So ya, all in all, I think it is an easy pass for me with that price tag.

• Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

But what size is the map?

I did start trying to count the the tile density but soon gave up.

Wake me up when it's all over.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i am not feeling it for the Daily Bugle either, it didn't even get me 'wow' on the first sight. I am thinking maybe it is because of the grey bricks lol.

That older set i missed 76057 Ultimate Bridge Battle - i have regret until today i didn't grab it when it was like £70 - now thats a great design set with great value (rrp back then was like 100e anyway).

Now this 2021 Daily Bugle is 300e. Ah...

Lots of fans have wanted Daredevil and Punisher for so long (i was excited) - i saw some random youtube video last week that some guy was talking on there is no leg prints on most of the minifigs in this set - i agreed with that. The minifigs quality is not that high really and lack of 'exclusivity', DD, punisher, Blade definitely could have been done better and same to other more common figs as well (exclusive arm prints or at least duo mold legs etc). The only thing i like most is the broken window design, so cool (and ye i know it could be restored).

I could see how they could have made it more compact and drop the price a bit maybe like near 200-250e instead of 300e (e.g. less civilian minifigs and all those smooth floor tiles...). So ya, all in all, I think it is an easy pass for me with that price tag.
    Yeah I should of picked up the bridge battle myself back when it was out for cost price, hopefully it's a set in a few years time they will re do and re release, one set i wish I had of gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Jacovs

But what size is the map?

I did start trying to count the the tile density but soon gave up.

Says on the page, 104cm x 65cm.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm probably wasting my time asking this but are there any of the new R2d2s on sale in Ireland or was it online on lego.com only? OH looking for one for his upcoming birthday but lego.com is out of stock (unsurprisingly). Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

I'm not mad about it. However, if I had lots of space I'd get it. I have the Ghostbusters set and I think it's MUCH better than the Daily Bugle in appearance. This one is too grey. I do like the fact that it connects to modular buildings.

I'd much prefer something like Ninjago gardens of the newer sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Pretty disappointed that LEGO went for the 10k+ piece count set with an art set :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

miamee wrote: »
    I'm probably wasting my time asking this but are there any of the new R2d2s on sale in Ireland or was it online on lego.com only? OH looking for one for his upcoming birthday but lego.com is out of stock (unsurprisingly). Thanks!

I'm afraid it's only through the official site right now. Only thing you can do is sign up by email to get notified when it's back in stock. Some sets only get a handful of restocks (It happened that The Mandalorian ship was in stock for 20 minutes before going out of stock) so act quick.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks for that, I appreciate the reply. Looks like he'll be getting something else for his birthday :D

Millennium falcon set 75257 down to 135 in argos. I have it reserved but just wondering as have none of the millennium falcon sets is it worth that amount? Or is it one of the better millennium falcon sets? As no Han Solo in this set so not sure if worth getting this set without him or not.

Millennium falcon set 75257 down to 135 in argos. I have it reserved but just wondering as have none of the millennium falcon sets is it worth that amount? Or is it one of the better millennium falcon sets? As no Han Solo in this set so not sure if worth getting this set without him or not.

rest assured that there will be other (non-UCS) scale MF come out with better design that you feel like you must get it :pac:

no Han minifig indeed feels weird in a MF set lol, but then we all already have a Han fig anyway

rest assured that there will be other (non-UCS) scale MF come out with better design that you feel like you must get it :pac:

no Han minifig indeed feels weird in a MF set lol, but then we all already have a Han fig anyway

Yeah that's what I'm thinking as it's not like there won't ever be another set of it out in a year or 2 after this retires. I know it's from the newer films and that's why he isn't in it, spoiler alert. But I will think on it. I ordered the rathtar escape today from amazon so he is in that set so technically that's the age Han Solo is for this millennium falcon set so I will think on it.

ah smyths 5 off 25, 10 off 50 is back until monday

ah smyths 5 off 25, 10 off 50 is back until monday

Shame only one off 1st 50 and not every 50 spent

aye shame :( i actually didnt realize at first lol. i might pick up some CMF 20 21 series actually - i hope they let me feel at the shop lol (i am gonna wear gloves ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Shame only one off 1st 50 and not every 50 spent

This is the case online but a friend confirmed that he got €25 off a spend of €130 in store.

• Advertisement

This is the case online but a friend confirmed that he got €25 off a spend of €130 in store.

Ohhh now that's different if they do wonder if just staff member hadn't a clue or not.

Advertisement