Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirpool ADP5540 Dishwater problem

Options
  • 23-04-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Hey all having a problem with my washer the last few days, Its like its running through all the functions fine but when you open it up nothing is washed just all steamed up and the tablet remains on the floor undesolved my head is wrecked over this , I took off both the blades and washed them out same with the filter on the floor of it,

Im techniclly usesless so I need someones help here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

they are prone to the impellar breaking off in the wash pump or just wearing out, ideally the circulation/wash pump needs to be removed and checked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

And whereabouts is that ? Is it fixable like ? Not in the best financial state with NCT coming up and things so i'd rather fix it than have to buy a brand new one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

rarely fixable, just replace, it is in the base of the machine but if you have not the ability to remove and check it you will need someone who is capable of doing so, you should recognise it as its a pump

I had a similar problem to that a couple of years ago, see here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73304995

I had to replace the pump as it simply failed to circulate any more, it appears to be a design feature of that particular type of motor!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

And whereabouts is that ? Is it fixable like ? Not in the best financial state with NCT coming up and things so i'd rather fix it than have to buy a brand new one

it should be a free fix = if you can take out the motor and clean the impellor head they get clogged - just take out the motor take off head clean and put back together and should be ok - it may happen again tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement