Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher pump

Options
  • 15-07-2011 11:53am

I have a dishwasher that has a fault!

The pump that recirculates the water has started to run slowly and has a severe vibration, it appears to be a simple induction motor, the type with a single "C" laminated core and a pair of coils on the legs of the "C".

The rotor sits between the ends of the "C".

The rotor is magnetised! which is something I didn't expect as I believe it's a squirrel cage type motor.

I have it completely stripped down, cleaned and reassembled, Rotates always in the correct direction anyway. It judders without anything attached as well.

I wonder if the magnetism is too strong?
    Should the core be magnetised like this, the magnetism appears to be preventing the roter from turning, the magnet locks the roter every 180Deg of rotation.

Any suggestions?

I see that the "official" replacement motor is a different design, but I would prefer to fix this one rather than buy another one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

ok you havent said what brand dishwasher it is or the motor type -im assuming its the askoll in which case the vibration is caused by the impellor coming loose or the bearing on the front plate wearing -unless you have a second motor to swap parts you wont be able to fix it - the replacement model looks nothing like the original (has a capacitor on the side )

knighted_1 wrote: »
    ok you havent said what brand dishwasher it is or the motor type -im assuming its the askoll in which case the vibration is caused by the impellor coming loose or the bearing on the front plate wearing -unless you have a second motor to swap parts you wont be able to fix it - the replacement model looks nothing like the original (has a capacitor on the side )
    It's a whirlpool ADG 7560,

I originally posted this in the engineering forum as I believed the motor was misbehaving! As in the rotor being magnetized when it shouldn't be.

On the spares sites they show a completely different type?

481236158334.jpg

The pump in the dishwasher is like this one below.

4044_2.JPG

While googling this image, I found my answer, the motors are crap!
    http://www.espares4repair.com/content/whirlpool-askol-circulation-pump-m95-replacement-pump-motor-required (Link now dead)

So it's a new motor I need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

that's the askol pump - bin it

knighted_1 wrote: »
    that's the askol pump - bin it

Will do, thanks, just spotted the typo in the title :o

I may write to the manufacturers to see if there is any recourse because they fitted an inferior pump!

The kids & missus are forever saying "I wish he'd get that dishwasher fixed!

Quick update to this thread!

Finally got around to getting a replacement pump on Ebay, it arrived in less than a week and is now fitted and working. :)

No more winging kids refusing to do the washing up! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement