Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

pot noodle curry flavour with brown soda bread,delicious.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Carlsberg, can. 500ml, 4.3% alcohol by volume

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mmmmm I foresee a toasted ham and cheese sandwich in my not too distant future

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Heaven *drools*

I agree...........Barry's tae is heaven :pac: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

cottage pie and baked beans... tasty simplicity for well under a euro ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Graces7 wrote: »
    cottage pie and baked beans... tasty simplicity for well under a euro ;)

Food of the gods. Heathen ones that is..

northgirl wrote: »

Noooooooooooooooooo !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Steak (sirloin for me and fillet for herself), carrots, celery and broccoli with potatoes. Apple crumble for afters. I'll have to invest in a cow or two, as everything else is home grown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Delicious homemade burger with all the trimmings in a floury bap and some lovely sliced potatoes with seasoning. Yum! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Melting potatoes, pork schnitzel, peas. lemon garnish, side salad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

LOL! It is indeed. I make a great Cottage Pie, but tonight Mrs G. had to reduce her expectations to a WW's Cottage Pie. I did give her some beans with it, but the pie looked very sorry for itself on the plate.

Myself and little G. had some homemade burgers with creamy mash. I went a bit further with mushrooms, onions and gravy. Little G. had some gravy too. Oh yea, I had some beans as well. Homemade burgers are deadly.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Multi pack of yellow snack bars and a big mug of Barry's

My absolute favourite since I was a kid, but they've changed the yellow snacks! I bought two packs yesterday, now four biscuits instead of six and the taste has changed, it's like a fake chocolate taste and it's not nice. Dear God, why? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cheeseburger and chips for dinner, and a toasted cheese sandwich for tea later on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Strawberry smoothie

twirl in an attempt to dispel headache... it is working ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Homemade burgers are deadly.:D

Okay I know you're talking about beef but..... when I moved in here I was clearing out the kitchen cabinets and found a Tupperware burger maker. Ran it through the dishwasher and it came up brand new. I have a new lease of life when it comes to making vegetarian burgers. I hated making them previously because they would break up on me on the pan, but now :eek: perfectly easy.

Having a cuppa. Neither Barrys nor Lyons. :D

Whispered wrote: »
    Okay I know you're talking about beef but..... when I moved in here I was clearing out the kitchen cabinets and found a Tupperware burger maker. Ran it through the dishwasher and it came up brand new. I have a new lease of life when it comes to making vegetarian burgers. I hated making them previously because they would break up on me on the pan, but now :eek: perfectly easy.

Having a cuppa. Neither Barrys nor Lyons. :D

No kitchen should be without one.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Milkybar mousse

Cod in Batter with chunky chips and mushy peas. Mrs G's havin a treat night. My piece is ready to be dipped in batter later. Wednesday night beers, but at home.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

No kitchen should be without one.:D

Would you believe my Tupperware burger maker is over 40yrs old :eek: and has been used on a weekly basis for all of that time, great yoke altogether. :D

Back home to my own food, coffee and brack on the go first. :)

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Milkybar mousse

POSH! I have a load of chocolate mousse in the fridge that I got in Iceland. Nice stuff!

POSH! I have a load of chocolate mousse in the fridge that I got in Iceland. Nice stuff!

you went overeseas?>

I could go one of those right now.

Homemade burger and chips day.

Graces7 wrote: »
    you went overeseas?>

Ah Graces, that joke is nearly as old as you.:D The shop. Very cheap and tasty Mousse too. I grabbed two trays last Sunday. Nearly gone.

A chocolate mousse in the country of Iceland would probably cost about 6 quid for the tray.:eek: Last time I was there, the restaurants and bars scared me, but the supermarkets horrified me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Chips & dip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Lasagne, salad. Maybe my feelings too.

• Advertisement

No mood for cooking today, so cod and chips from the chipper, bread and butter, with a cup of tea. :)

My afters... a gin and tonic, I picked up a couple of tins of pink gin & tonic for €2 today, I wanted to see what all the fuss is about with pink gin. It's fruity, nice but don't taste much like gin, but it's very refreshing.

Full to the gills with McDonald's tonight after a few nights of cereal dinners

My absolute favourite since I was a kid, but they've changed the yellow snacks! I bought two packs yesterday, now four biscuits instead of six and the taste has changed, it's like a fake chocolate taste and it's not nice. Dear God, why? :mad:

They're totally different but I'm fickle and still eating them :pac:

Steak and onions

Red wine and Tuc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Chicken breast, avocado with Frank's and bacon lardons. V tasty.

@WhocanIbe - pink gin is nicest with white lemonade, in my experience!

The Cool wrote: »
    Chicken breast, avocado with Frank's and bacon lardons. V tasty.

@WhocanIbe - pink gin is nicest with white lemonade, in my experience!

Thanks, I just picked up the little tins, with the tonic already in just to try. I'm not buying a bottle just in case, but will try it with white lemonade if I'm offered one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Turkey mince with courgette and chilli. Washed down with a cup of tea. Lyons. *ducks*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Savoury mince with basmati rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Ryvita with triangles of low cheese, red wine ... nice and light after a few days of lunacy, red wine to cure the fear.

Late start tomo thankfully , lunches prepped up to Saturday. It'll do !

Ah Graces, that joke is nearly as old as you.:D The shop. Very cheap and tasty Mousse too. I grabbed two trays last Sunday. Nearly gone.

A chocolate mousse in the country of Iceland would probably cost about 6 quid for the tray.:eek: Last time I was there, the restaurants and bars scared me, but the supermarkets horrified me!

Well, I never saw a shop called Iceland..silly name! And blame smurfjed who is dropping exotic foreign names all over the place ;)

Just coffee so far and toast later. Delicate today ..

ArtyC wrote: »
    Ryvita with triangles of low cheese, red wine ... nice and light after a few days of lunacy, red wine to cure the fear.

Late start tomo thankfully , lunches prepped up to Saturday. It'll do !

:confused:

VW 1 wrote: »
    Turkey mince with courgette and chilli. Washed down with a cup of tea. Lyons. *ducks*

I should hope so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Delicious coddle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Brown pudding and toast

VW 1 wrote: »
    Washed down with a cup of tea. Lyons. *ducks*

Ewww 🤢🤮

:pac:

Bitzer this, bitzer that today.

May have another bit os something soon

Oh bought one of the foil wrapped chocolate cakes in LIDL... totally awesomely bliss

Coffee and lemon meringue pie in Carlingford after driving through the Cooley mountains, on over the Mournes and Lunch was a very tasty omelette in Newcastle.
    Home now and think I'll just slum it with sausages and beans.

I had two breakfast sausages and a poached egg for brunch. The sausage is made from pork bacon and black and white pudding. The sausage of gods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I just had a Timeout wafer

branie2 wrote: »
    I just had a Timeout wafer

But not like a Timeout bar in any way. Air.:D

Eating Bourbon biscuits with more Bourbon biscuits,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

chilled can of carling watching the darts :) heaven........................................ oi oi oi

Mcflurry :)

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Mcflurry :)

Stay out of that Drive Thru!:D I swung passed an hour ago and it was packed, assuming its the Kilkenny City one.:D

Advertisement