Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arseholes that park on the pavement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Then there's the Cnut am that parks on the pavement but also the cycling lane. Think this is just a diff kind of Cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jd80

indough wrote: »
    they may have a less obvious disability, no point assuming the worst

Can you get the disabled stickers if have cancer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

take pictures of badly parked cars and post them on www.youparklikeac*nt.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

If they're seriously obstructing the pavement, and I'm fairly sure nobody is looking, I like to elbow their wing mirror out of place. They can be surprisingly easy to break sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

RayM wrote: »
    If they're seriously obstructing the pavement, and I'm fairly sure nobody is looking, I like to elbow their wing mirror out of place. They can be surprisingly easy to break sometimes.

Do you not feeling a little cowardly for doing it?, I'd imagine I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Some car/van have a serious problem with parking properly :mad:

Walking down the village the last couple mornings to get the bus to college, and three pricks take up the whole pavement with their cars and vans. Having to walk on the road in the pissings of rain while it's dark out cause they can't park properly is a joke. The should be fined for this sort of stuff.

People be pricks. They don't take others into consideration. It's as simple as that.

Being honest, the more I get older its hard not to adopt this attitude too. The amount of assholes in this world who just suit themselves sours you. I'm not a prick at heart. But I am struggling to not be one these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭denismc

I didn't pay much attention to people parking on pavements until i saw a lady in a wheelchair trying to get by a van parked on the pavement on day.
    The lady was quite distressed so i offered to help find the owner of the van.
    After going to a few front doors we managed to track down the owner who promptly moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Do you not feel like a knob parking in a handicapped space? I would but clearly no one cares what people think of them in this thread.

Not really. It can be quite satisfying. It's not like I'm wilfully damaging or interfering with their property; I'm just trying to squeeze past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Not really. It can be quite satisfying. It's not like I'm wilfully damaging or interfering with their property; I'm just trying to squeeze past.

Hope the same thing happens to some of your property someday, by someone who thinks they're being equally funny.

though you might just want to admit right now that you've never done that, have you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Yea this really pisses me off to, One time i was walking with a wheel chair user and coming down the road, some wanker has two fecking car's on the path cars in his drive way completely blocking any way for some in a wheel chair to just get past. Twats !

should be fined for doing this.

SV wrote: »
    Hope the same thing happens to some of your property someday, by someone who thinks they're being equally funny.

though you might just want to admit right now that you've never done that, have you?

If I parked like a dick and returned to find my wing mirror knocked slightly out of place, I'd (a) be thankful that they hadn't caused any actual damage, and (b) have a long, hard think about how I park in future.

I can't help it if I'm trying to squeeze past a car on the pavement and my elbow accidentally raises slightly and makes contact with their mirror.

If I parked like a dick and returned to find my wing mirror knocked slightly out of place, I'd (a) be thankful that they hadn't caused any actual damage, and (b) have a long, hard think about how I park in future.

I can't help it if I'm trying to squeeze past a car on the pavement and my elbow accidentally raises slightly and makes contact with their mirror.

You already admitted that (if it does happen) you like to do it on purpose, you also said they can break quite easily. Are you admitting to criminal damage?

You already admitted that (if it does happen) you like to do it on purpose, you also said they can break quite easily. Are you admitting to criminal damage?

You seem to have misinterpreted my post. I haven't admitted to damaging anything. I merely suggested that some car mirrors are easily broken. I'm also pretty sure there's no law against knocking a car mirror slightly out of place when it's (literally) blocking your path. Damn my unpredictable elbow. Different cars react differently to being (accidentally, of course) struck. Volkswagens, for instance, hurt. Range Rovers, on the other hand, are... less sturdy than one might expect.

You seem to have misinterpreted my post. I haven't admitted to damaging anything. I merely suggested that some car mirrors are easily broken. I'm also pretty sure there's no law against knocking a car mirror slightly out of place when it's (literally) blocking your path. Damn my unpredictable elbow. Different cars react differently to being (accidentally, of course) struck. Volkswagens, for instance, hurt. Range Rovers, on the other hand, are... less sturdy than one might expect.

I'm not sure why you keep saying 'accidentally' now, slight back pedaling there, you have already admitted you do it on purpose.

It's ok, you've made it quite clear the kind of person you are.

I'm not sure why you keep saying 'accidentally' now, slight back pedaling there, you have already admitted you do it on purpose.

It's ok, you've made it quite clear the kind of person you are.

I haven't admitted to damaging illegally parked cars at all, let alone on purpose. You seem to be the kind of person who doesn't read people's posts properly. :)

I haven't admitted to damaging illegally parked cars at all, let alone on purpose. You seem to be the kind of person who doesn't read people's posts properly. :)

Ah, no, you just insinuate that you're damaging them.

You have admitted to hitting the mirrors on purpose, though, yet now you're trying to say it's accidental. Whether you damage them or not is still a mystery.

Ah, no, you just insinuate that you're damaging them.

You have admitted to hitting the mirrors on purpose, though, yet now you're trying to say it's accidental. Whether you damage them or not is still a mystery.

Sometimes, unless you want to walk on the road instead (and why should you?), you have no choice but to make contact with an illegally-parked car's bodywork whilst trying to squeeze past. And sometimes said contact may cause certain parts to move (or even break), should you be a little "careless" with your elbows.

I find it interesting (and not a little bizarre) that you seem to be getting your knickers in a knot over somebody who you believe is insinuating that they damage illegally parked cars, yet the actual act of parking on a footpath (thus placing pedestrians in potential danger) doesn't bother you at all. I think some people's love of all things four-wheeled clouds their judgement sometimes.

Sometimes, unless you want to walk on the road instead (and why should you?), you have no choice but to make contact with an illegally-parked car's bodywork whilst trying to squeeze past. And sometimes said contact may cause certain parts to move (or even break), should you be a little "careless" with your elbows.

I find it interesting (and not a little bizarre) that you seem to be getting your knickers in a knot over somebody who you believe is insinuating that they damage illegally parked cars, yet the actual act of parking on a footpath (thus placing pedestrians in potential danger) doesn't bother you at all. I think some people's love of all things four-wheeled clouds their judgement sometimes.

You can try and change it whichever way you want to, you've already said that you like to do it on purpose. Which is a clear indicator that it could be avoided.
    No amount of italics is going to change that.

Ah, I don't put illegal parking and criminal damage on the same scale. They're about as far from each other as criminal damage and serial murder is, as the scale goes.
    It doesn't even slightly bother me as it only puts pedestrians in danger if they're a bit slow and like to walk out on the road whilst there are cars coming.

You can try and change it whichever way you want to, you've already said that you like to do it on purpose. Which is a clear indicator that it could be avoided.
    No amount of italics is going to change that.

Ah, I don't put illegal parking and criminal damage on the same scale. They're about as far from each other as criminal damage and serial murder is, as the scale goes.
    It doesn't even slightly bother me as it only puts pedestrians in danger if they're a bit slow and like to walk out on the road whilst there are cars coming.

Parking on pavements can be avoided too. Park on the road, perhaps? Ok, you might obstruct traffic, but hey... it only puts other motorists in danger if they're a bit slow and like to overtake parked cars whilst there are other cars coming towards them, right?

• Advertisement

Parking on pavements can be avoided too. Park on the road, perhaps? Ok, you might obstruct traffic, but hey... it only puts other motorists in danger if they're a bit slow and like to overtake parked cars whilst there are other cars coming towards them, right?

Unless it's an area where parking on the road would block the road completely then, yes, that's right. :)

I also wouldn't say it ever puts motorists in danger, more like an inconvenience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

Some car/van have a serious problem with parking properly :mad:

Walking down the village the last couple mornings to get the bus to college, and three pricks take up the whole pavement with their cars and vans. Having to walk on the road in the pissings of rain while it's dark out cause they can't park properly is a joke. The should be fined for this sort of stuff.

Village?

are you a hobbit or a time traveller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

A RELATIVE OF MINE WHO USES A MOTORISED WHEELCHAIR, COUND NOT GET IN TO THE BUILDING THEY LIVE IN BECAUSE SOME GOB****E PARKED ON THE PATH ON A DOUBLE YELLOW LINE OUTSIDE HER GATE SO SHE COULD NOT GET TO HER APPARTMENT DOOR! :(

THE COPS WERE CALLED AND WERE ON THE WAY WHEN IT MOVED OFF SO THE LUCKY BASTARD WHO PARKED ILLEGALLY WAS LUCKY NOT TO HAVE THEIR CAR TOWED OFF

THERE ARE PEOPLE LESS FORTUNATE THAN US AROUND, PLEASE TAKE THEM INTO CONSIDERATION BEFORE YOU PARK ILLEGALLY
    OR YOU COULD END UP PAYING FINES AND A VISIT TO A COP STATION TO GET YOUR CAR BACK!!!!!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

uch wrote: »
    Not easily if OP got Lamped by a passing vehicle

He could have walked over the car

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Look, there are cyclists who also park on the path, and pedestrians who do it also. So, in essence, because everyone does it, we shouldn't talk about it.

Oh wait, this isn't the cycling thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

i hate this the other day was collecting my 3yr old from montessori so was around lunchtime this idiot parked on the path i was wheeling a buggy too so this guy scoffing his lunch doesnt move and with this idiot look on his face still doesnt move the road was to busy to bring my kids around eventually he did till i said something really pi***es me off wen ppl do that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Its footpath not pavement this side of the atlantic or am I mistaken. Surely would have been mentioned before in 6 pages.

Anyway OP isnt it great to have nothing of consequence to be complaining about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

So it doesn't bother you that because of your vehicle on a footpath, that people will have to walk out on the road? That a wheelchair user will have to get down off the path ( if they can) and go out on to road to continue on their journey? Ditto for an elderly person, ditto for a woman with a buggy.

What do you mean 'a bit slow'? If you mean in pace, try looking at an elderly man or woman suffering with arthritis who can't run if they see a car coming. Try looking at a person using a manual wheelchair trying to push a bit quicker to get out of the way of that car. They're in danger because they're in the cars path because you were ignorant enough to be in their path.

If you mean 'slow' in another way, you're a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Your claim that plenty of people go around where you are without lights on at night, I think you just made it up to suit the argument.

There's an insinuation and a half, go on, what am I clutching at? You don't actually have anything to say here do you? You can PM it if you want, I swear I won't be offended!

Nah I don't think it's dangerous at all. I think knives and guns in irresponsible hands are dangerous, though.

So, blocking a foot path with your vehicle is not dangerous.

What happens to people in wheelchairs? I think it is dangerous if they have to go out onto the road in their wheelchair. But, you do not.

What about visually impaired people with a guide dog? How are they supposed to see oncoming traffic? How are they supposed to 'hurry up' when they go around the parked vehicle? It seems to me that it is dangerous for a person with a vision impairment, but you do not think so.

Well done you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

:eek:[QUOTE=SV;83209706It doesn't even slightly bother me as it only puts pedestrians in danger if they're a bit slow and like to walk out on the road whilst there are cars coming.[/QUOTE]

REALLY??? YOU CANT BE SERIOUS! :eek:

blue peter badge for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement