Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was the last time you pulled off a complete masterstroke?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Edited a PDF document to make it appear as if it was a different one.

I've said too much.

Used to do this if i had a college deadline looming that i couldnt make.

Save your assignment Word doc. Open it back up in notepad. Delete some of the gobbledegook from the beginning of the line, then save it again. If you click on it now, Microsoft Word give you an error which says "This file is corrupted". If the assignment is due on a Friday you could get a couple more days before the lecturer comes back and asks you to resend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭arctictree

Years ago, I used to skip school at lunchtime and head into town. We were supposed to have a 'lunch pass' which allowed some kids who lived close to go home at lunch time, but I didn't have one.

So I meet a teacher in the town and he asks for my pass. I go to reach for my pocket, assuming he will not actually want to read it and he says, 'thats fine, I dont need to see it'. Don't know what I would have done otherwise as I had nothing in my pocket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

arctictree wrote: »
    Years ago, I used to skip school at lunchtime and head into town. We were supposed to have a 'lunch pass' which allowed some kids who lived close to go home at lunch time, but I didn't have one.

So I meet a teacher in the town and he asks for my pass. I go to reach for my pocket, assuming he will not actually want to read it and he says, 'thats fine, I dont need to see it'. Don't know what I would have done otherwise as I had nothing in my pocket!

Saw someone almost get away with that on the LUAS not long back but out the wallet.

Sheepishly grins later and goes "I don't have a ticket".... just as the second ticket checker was behind him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Pulled one off by fluke.

Was a poor young ladeen working in the train station cleaning trains to make ends meet for college many moons ago.

One supervisor hated my guts for no reason. He had been brought up on many bullying charges previous. Anyways, one night he tried to set me up to get the sack!

We had cleaned the train and we were all chilling out in the staff room waiting for the next . He came in and said , I want that train double checked. Which was weird enough. Few of us stood up to go see if we'd missed some rubbish.

He told everyone else sit down , just me that should check it.

I flew down through the train again, saw absolutely nothing on the floor or tables. So came back out and said, yeah all clean , no hassle.

So he ran on as quick as he could and came out holding a wallet. How did you miss this he asked as he walked off shaking his head.

The fuker had planted a wallet with 50 quid sticking out of it on a seat. Hoping I'd pick it up and he'd get me sacked for stealing.

Luck of god that if missed it as I honestly don't know if I'd have handed it in or not as I was broke at the time ....

Very lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

valoren wrote: »
    We put up the decorations and there is a multitude of wires from lights and plug extensions. Bit of an eyesore. Instead of throwing them all under say the Christmas Tree skirt, I got a box like this one.

christmas-gift-box-250x250.jpg

Then at the back I cut a vertical hole, a slit just big enough to feed the wires into and place the top back on it. It now contains all the wires and the plugs but innocuously looks like a present under the tree, allowing the Tree skirt to be flat.

Not sure a fire warden would be happy with that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Hammer89 wrote: »
    It's called wolfing, but he didn't have a lot of stuff for me to wolf at that time so he just gave me little jobs around the house when he had them. This was one :)

You surely mean WOOFing, unless wolfing is gay slang I haven't come across yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭roadrunner16

Hammer89 wrote: »

When was your last great idea?

What was the expression about hammers only seeing nails?
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jesuisros

I "confided" in the Office Gossip that I planned to quit my job and move to a better paying job elsewhere (even though I had no intention of quitting) and the next day I was called into the Boss' Office and offered a raise. Masterstroke accomplished!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Every day and twice on Sunday.

Advertisement