Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 3 (read post 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Once you attach the picture, you will see a link like this.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=464753&d=1540660832

add [noparse] 464753.JPG [/noparse] tags around it & it will embed image

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Could somebody please tell me how to post pictures using a tablet? Thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, you could switch the tablet to desktop (as opposed to tablet), and I'd say that being on the legacy site would help, too.

What problems are you having?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Any clues for this one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

My one?Think Green and Oats.

• Advertisement

Oats has me thinking of Kilmacthomas

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I'm saying nuthin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

My one?Think Green and Oats.

Athenry ?

New Home wrote: »
    Well, you could switch the tablet to desktop (as opposed to tablet), and I'd say that being on the legacy site would help, too.

What problems are you having?

Thanks, New Home. I just don't know how to do it. Somebody here showed me a few years ago and I managed to post a pic once with difficulty but I've forgotten how. There is a way with a tablet.

Bybookorbycrook must be gone to ground!

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »
    Bybookorbycrook must be gone to ground!

The Kilmac answer was correct !

The Kilmac answer was correct !

Saw the thanks from you on in wasn't sure.

I won't have capacity to post & check thread much for couple of days if someone wants to work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭highdef

I may as well give this a go so.

466915.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Triboro

Strokestown

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh yeah? So, where are all the tractors, hmm? :pac:

Triboro wrote: »
    Strokestown

Incorrect.

I think that big house in the background featured before.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I think that big house in the background featured before.

It's the Irish version of a McMansion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Looks a bit like Longwood

It's not Longwood, presuming you are referring to the Longwood in County Meath. I'm not aware of any other one.

• Advertisement

Hint time?

Hint time?

Ok, it's not terribly far from Longwood.... Not terribly close either. Different county to Longwood though.

New clue. It's geographical address is in County Kildare.

highdef wrote: »
    New clue. It's geographical address is in County Kildare.

Straffan?

feargale wrote: »
    Straffan?
    No, Straffan is a good bit bigger than this. The village is in Kildare but within a few kilometres of the Meath border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Woot! Newtown, Co. Kildare (53°23'43.0"N 6°45'34.5"W).

This a new-ish replacement account, so I probably can't post links nor pics, so I'll open this up to the floor.

Woot! Newtown, Co. Kildare (53°23'43.0"N 6°45'34.5"W).

This a new-ish replacement account, so I probably can't post links nor pics, so I'll open this up to the floor.
    :)

Well done, Three More Big Sleeps

Been a while, anyone have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Shut it down

• Advertisement

Shut it down

Is that the best you can do?:confused::rolleyes:

Advertisement