Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Takeaway delivery driver job

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

tuxy wrote:
    Because they work for very low pay sometimes less than minimum wage since it's off the book. So some Garda may take pity on them but I wouldn't want to be reliant on only encountering that type of Garda. And of course that's only if you are stopped, things would have to be done by the book in the case of an accident.

Not in Dublin they don't. Reasonable basic plus brilliant tips. Just about every takeaway in Dublin has a waiting list of people wanting to become delivery drivers.

Domino's also pay for the car insurance as well as wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Not in Dublin they don't. Reasonable basic plus brilliant tips. Just about every takeaway in Dublin has a waiting list of people wanting to become delivery drivers.

Domino's also pay for the car insurance as well as wages.

Good move by Domino's, has it encouraged other chains to do the same?

tuxy wrote:
    Good move by Domino's, has it encouraged other chains to do the same?

I don't know the answer to this. Camile pay car insurance asaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,452 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I don't know the answer to this. Camile pay car insurance asaik

How does this work? Does the company pay the driver to cover the cost of increasing their insurance? Or do they insure all delivery vehicles for delivery work themselves?

How does this work? Does the company pay the driver to cover the cost of increasing their insurance? Or do they insure all delivery vehicles for delivery work themselves?

I don't know the details. Camile & domino's provide uniforms and insurance is all I know.

My daughter is a nanny. Her employer pays the extra 200 euros on her regular insurance to make it nanny insurance. I assume that domino's & camile do the same & pay the ex rather than the whole insurance.

Hard to say. For a large company it might work better for them to cover all drivers 3rd party on the companies policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Mike3549

I was driving for dominos 10 years ago, you must have your own insurance, tax and nct up to date and they just took 10 cents off every delivery charge. Delivery was €2.50 so after insurance you get €2.40.
    Pretty sure the rates changed since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,452 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

tuxy wrote: »
    Hard to say. For a large company it might work better for them to cover all drivers 3rd party on the companies policy.
    Would that not create a legal quagmire around the insurance disc? Would the driver have to change disc depending on whether they are driving for business or pleasure?

Would that not create a legal quagmire around the insurance disc? Would the driver have to change disc depending on whether they are driving for business or pleasure?

With the system Mike3549 describes where money is taken off each delivery to pay for insurance, which insurance company does this go to? Some companies would be unwilling to take on young drivers for work cover so I assume it all goes to the same company and they are driving with work insurance but displaying a private insurance disk so this covers what the law demands.
    The fact that they also have private insurance would reduce the risk for the company as it shows that another company is willing to take them on for private insurance so in theory they are probably not high risk.
    If anyone knows how it works please let us know

• Advertisement
Advertisement