Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World cup 2015 Jersies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bit of a let down in my opinion. After seeing the detail and stuff in jerseys like the Scots and that I was expecting something more than just a plain drab green jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah, even some white patterns on it would be nice. There's a cool pattern up the oblique area, they could've made that white or something to give it a bit of definition or something.

Still, I do like plain jerseys, so I'd buy if it I was looking for one. Don't like those loopy collars CCC are using tho... unless you're a bodybuilder or pro athlete they just look ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

The old school collar was so nice I was hoping they'd stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Mank and plain. The alternate is decent enough, I'll take a gander at it in the flesh and probably pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Hagz wrote: »
    The old school collar was so nice I was hoping they'd stick with it.

I thought it looked like an afterthought, too flimsy to look neat up or down, glad its gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Alternate kit looks like old Connacht gear.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I thought it looked like an afterthought, too flimsy to look neat up or down, glad its gone.

yeah I liked the idea, but it looked rubbish in the flesh... The English version was much better. Weird that they made two versions....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I don't get the point of the alternate one. The only time we're likely to wear it is if we have to play South Africa and even then their green is so dark it's nearer to black than to our normal green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I don't get the point of the alternate one. The only time we're likely to wear it is if we have to play South Africa and even then their green is so dark it's nearer to black than to our normal green.

22715d1370214013t-euro-symbol-password-imagescafro157-jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I've made better jersey's on PES 3 :(
    Very disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I though by alternate its was a third strip which is utterly pointless but theres no white strip by the looks of it and you don't really call your 2nd strip an "away" strip for international rugby.

Looks decent , we've worn black against the Saffa's before and there's no colour clash.

lbj666 wrote: »
    I though by alternate its was a third strip which is utterly pointless but theres no white strip by the looks of it and you don't really call your 2nd strip an "away" strip for international rugby.

Looks decent , we've worn black against the Saffa's before and there's no colour clash.

New Zealand play against South Africa regularly in black, the World 15 played in black against them at the weekend there. It's not a clash, as such, but I do remember us wearing black against them in an Autumn test, maybe 3 years ago, and it was at times difficult to tell them apart, particularly when there was a few players from each team milling around each other.

My only point really is that South Africa are the only other team that wears green and it's so different from our green that we'd be fine just wearing the green.

Australia are the only other team as unlikely as ourselves to need an alternate kit but they still have one, as outlined above, it's all about the money.

EDIT - I suppose the referee needs two different colours for when he's shouting at them. "Roll away green!" could be very confusing.

I reckon they'll use the alt strip atleast once in the pool games just for marketing reasons to sell a few jerseys.

It is a nice jersey, the alt one, in fairness.

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They both look like training tops.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Oh, it was early! I was only expecting it at "around lunchtime".

I'm disappointed too, if I'm honest. I don't have a classic jersey so I might get that. Maybe the alt jersey.

Looks alright if you stand infront of a green shipping container.

CJ4AiQLW8AAJTBG.jpg:large

Proper pictures of the players wearing them coming out now. Pretty snug looking fit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

SOB looks like the Hulk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Don't like the neck line on it and is it just me or does €80 odd sound like mental money for one. Elverys are 88 and lifestyle are 80

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »

They look pretty tight... :pac:

Test jerseys have to be now. Stops it being a handle for people to tackle you with.

Test jerseys have to be now. Stops it being a handle for people to tackle you with.

Yea but these look even tighter than any of the previous jerseys. Think this is the first that's tight enough to put nipples and muscle contours on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I look forward to Canterbury's new line in tit tape

awec wrote: »
    Yea but these look even tighter than any of the previous jerseys. Think this is the first that's tight enough to put nipples and muscle contours on display.

Ha.

More to do with the material... it's the same stuff they make their vapodri shirts from, it's really flexible stuff so contours easily if tight.

Hairy lads are going to have to get a wax. Won't want body hair blurring their defined muscle tone in that jersey. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah.... Hair....

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

OMG that is so photoshopped, jersyes are no way that tight! :P
    Any chance to see what it looks like on someone with a keg rather than a six-pack?!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

Just a few notes for you guys...

What you see on the players are the official test jerseys which will retail at 150 huge amount of technical aspects

The pro jersey which you can buy in shops wont be that tight. They are made from polyester but wont be skin tight but fitted.

You can also buy the retro classic cotton jerseys for those of you who fear your beer bellys......

the replica jersey come with the rwc 2015 badge and without. Those without will have the 3 logo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

reminds me of my old school jersey -

on a more serious note - the arms on Kearney & SOB -

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Aaron-

It's definitely a bit plain, especially when you compare it to the likes of Scotland and Fiji...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

They look pretty tight... :pac:

Yeah 80 for Jersey few hundred for the gym before I put it on :)

Ha they are a bit plain but I will wait till I see one up close will probably pick one up anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

The test jersey only comes in size large? Is it a one size fits all job? I'm usually a size small in the regular jersey.

andymx11 wrote: »
    The test jersey only comes in size large? Is it a one size fits all job? I'm usually a size small in the regular jersey.

AFAIK large is very small in test jerseys. Scrumhalves generally wear large...

IMO the test jerseys are a bit pointless, the jerseys the guys wear are usually laser tailored, that's why the fit so well.

I would not recommend buying a test jersey. They are not designed to be worn for a long period of time.

They don't stretch at all (feels like you're wearing really thin cardboard that doesn't tear) so are difficult to get in and out of. You'll sweat in them a lot (they aren't really breathable) and they also are really tight so sitting down you'll feel a lot of compression around your chest and stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

AFAIK large is very small in test jerseys. Scrumhalves generally wear large...

IMO the test jerseys are a bit pointless, the jerseys the guys wear are usually laser tailored, that's why the fit so well.

Cool thanks- yea it seems really pointless although they have only made 2015 of them, so really I'd be mad NOT to buy one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

yes the test jersey is more of a commemorative jersey or a limited collectors piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

aimee1 wrote: »

I preferred last season's with the slightly diagonal stripes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why do they still have IRB on the RWC logo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

these will FLY off the shelf

and ONLY 55 squids!?

http://shop.irishrugby.ie/casual-c4/polo-shirts-c24/ireland-rugby-world-cup-rugby-shirt-p2919

Carrolls gift shop should sue, surely intellectual property has been breached?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

By a long long way. Away one is the bomb

Argentina looks like a blue version of the Japan one.

You can get the new Ireland one for €69 through Lifestyle if you order it online, it's got the massive 3 logo on it though.

Can you use your Leinster ST discount in Lifestyle over the summer or is that just a during the season thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I would not recommend buying a test jersey. They are not designed to be worn for a long period of time.

They don't stretch at all (feels like you're wearing really thin cardboard that doesn't tear) so are difficult to get in and out of. You'll sweat in them a lot (they aren't really breathable) and they also are really tight so sitting down you'll feel a lot of compression around your chest and stomach.

The last Lions jersey is a b***h for that. Solid band across the chest with zero stretch.

The CCC ones are far more workable for every day but still hugely far from ideal for wearing for medium periods.

The alt Pumas jersey is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Aaron-

Really diggin' the alt!

Why do they still have IRB on the RWC logo?

Ha, just noticed that.... On the Irish ones too.

Really loving the Japanese jersey tho... I love the fact they've done something with the traditional hoops... Hoops is the one thing that annoys me about jerseys, I'd love it if our Jersey (Clontarf) was updated a bit like that, but it seems changing hoops is sacrilegious in old rugby circles (ha!)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Ha, just noticed that.... On the Irish ones too.

Heard somewhere that the change to World Rugby happened too late from a branding/printing point of view, so they just left it be.

Sure it's still on the website too

Advertisement