Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World cup 2015 Jersies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Teferi wrote: »
    AB jerseys are generally very boring. A white trim up the sides or something wouldn't go amiss.

The white thing has been done before. The marketing gaff for this one was the blackest yet or something like that. The stuff in the shoulders is supposed to be a homage to the Originals.

I'm going to buy one I think, when the NZ public expect a black jersey you don't have a lot to work with.

I'm expecting the Irish jersey to be green...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Swiwi. wrote: »
    The white thing has been done before. The marketing gaff for this one was the blackest yet or something like that. The stuff in the shoulders is supposed to be a homage to the Originals.

I'm going to buy one I think, when the NZ public expect a black jersey you don't have a lot to work with.

I'm expecting the Irish jersey to be green...

Yeah, I prefer the AB jersey when they do something a little different with it, the recent offerings have been a little samey and bland.

Same goes for the Irish jersey, think the full green is very bland. Like a bit of trim, the one around 2011 was alright but the ones just before they started using the new material in 2006/07 was a classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Teferi wrote: »
    Yeah, I prefer the AB jersey when they do something a little different with it, the recent offerings have been a little samey and bland.

Same goes for the Irish jersey, think the full green is very bland. Like a bit of trim, the one around 2011 was alright but the ones just before they started using the new material in 2006/07 was a classic.

They've never bettered this one, I still have it at home. Back when men were men and rugby jerseys weighed half a stone in the wet and acted like a sail in the wind

03028-zoom.jpg

dub_skav wrote: »
    They've never bettered this one, I still have it at home. Back when men were men and rugby jerseys weighed half a stone in the wet and acted like a sail in the wind

03028-zoom.jpg

Le grand classique. Iconic Jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I prefer the ones without the white trim, so I love this one. The 2007 jersey is a beaut.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I know it's plain but I really like that AB one.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

The new Italy jersey is out as well

29622.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Italy jerseys have been quality for years.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Too shiny

• Advertisement

I know it's plain but I really like that AB one.

4584_22557_5689.jpg

I might just get the cotton polo version. Not so keen on those condom-type tops tbh, especially in this current heat wave. It's also quite a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Swiwi. wrote: »
    4584_22557_5689.jpg

I might just get the cotton polo version. Not so keen on those condom-type tops tbh, especially in this current heat wave. It's also quite a bit cheaper.

No contest there I reckon. That's a quality tee.

• Administrators Posts: 54,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The World Cup logo actually ruins the kits somewhat. :(

It's too big or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Anyone else think CommittedToEngland is a crap hashtag?

Sanjuro wrote: »

It's important to stress that none of the players will be lining out for any other country for which they are eligible :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Sanjuro wrote: »

Given Canterbury are also using #CommittedToIreland, I'd say yes, yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 loblaw83

When is the shirt out?

awec wrote: »

I quite like the logo, plus I'd take it over a massive 3 or O2 any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

loblaw83 wrote: »
    When is the shirt out?

Ireland's is out on the 14th July.

As expected it will be just the same as our current jersey sans sponsor.

I for one will be getting it as I think our current shirt is the nicest since the commerative one we wore against SA or our ca. 2001 CCC Irish Permanent shirt with the 2 stripes on the sleeve.

The Three sponsorship is cat.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I remember being in a lift in a Scottish hotel for one of our 6n games and there were Americans in the lift with me. They asked what zero squared meant (O2) lol

• Advertisement

I for one will be getting it as I think our current shirt is the nicest since the commerative one we wore against SA or our ca. 2001 CCC Irish Permanent shirt with the 2 stripes on the sleeve.

It'll be a new jersey completely.

Although I'm sure it'll basically be the same as all the international jerseys rarely deviate from the previous incarnation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

pc7 wrote: »
    I remember being in a lift in a Scottish hotel for one of our 6n games and there were Americans in the lift with me. They asked what zero squared meant (O2) lol

lol...I hope you pointed out the difference between Superscript and Subscript to them.

.ak wrote: »
    It'll be a new jersey completely.

Although I'm sure it'll basically be the same as all the international jerseys rarely deviate from the previous incarnation.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Based on the fact that England's new jersey is the same as their 6N jersey except with the CCC logo and badge moved to accomodate the WC logo we would be in the same boat.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Based on the fact that England's new jersey is the same as their 6N jersey except with the CCC logo and badge moved to accomodate the WC logo we would be in the same boat.

England's jersey is completely new. Apart from the obvious, i.e; they're both white and missing the main sponsor logo. It's a different collar, different cut, new ball-stick chest etc., etc.

Old jerseys

New jerseys

Slight variations, I know, but it is a new jersey and not just the same without logo.

England's jersey is completely new. Apart from the obvious, i.e; they're both white and missing the main sponsor logo. It's a different collar, different cut, new ball-stick chest etc., etc.

Old jerseys

New jerseys

Slight variations, I know, but it is a new jersey and not just the same without logo.

Jaysus you're right. They practically the same and I would be a keen eye normally. I completely missed the collar.

Yeah, allows them to have another draft of sales in the same year. If they just relaunched it as the same jersey but without the sponsor it wouldn't sell as well.

I've been told by someone in CCC our jersey will be different to the current one, but can't imagine it will be too much different at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Try having a big "LIFE STYLE SPORTS" font for a sponsor
    Puts the RWC Logo in perspective - it's grand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

You sure is going to be the same? as in the shamrocks in the imprint. Canterbury have a habit of making their jerseys more or less the same for the world. Could we those chevron grippy things on the jersey like on the England shirt?

Yeah, allows them to have another draft of sales in the same year. If they just relaunched it as the same jersey but without the sponsor it wouldn't sell as well.

I've been told by someone in CCC our jersey will be different to the current one, but can't imagine it will be too much different at all.
    lbj666 wrote: »
    You sure is going to be the same? as in the shamrocks in the imprint. Canterbury have a habit of making their jerseys more or less the same for the world. Could we those chevron grippy things on the jersey like on the England shirt?

As the man says. They'll be similar but not the same.

If Ireland win the rwc suddenly that logo will seem awfully small...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

It looks the exact same as the 2011 jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'll reserve totally writing it off until I see it but I don't like that collar at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Other than the small bit of detail on the chest it's very plain and very meh.

That collar is rotten. Damn. I was looking forward to picking this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Awful collar, unless you get it tight that's going to be naval gazing!
    I liked the tartan added to the Scottish jersey and tribals added to the Fijians, some feint Celtic symbols wouldnt have gone amiss.

Looks like CCC are lazily going back to 2007 mode with template 1 in green.

The only interest I'd have is that it lacks the 3 logo, so it will get tried on at least.

Yeah seems to be the same collar as the rest of the new CCC jerseys, whilst it looks good on most other jerseys for an Irish one it looks a bit weak or something.

But, to be honest, if you just want a plain Irish jersey this will be the one for to go for with no sponsorship etc. Will need to see what it looks like on tho.

Generally I don't buy jerseys, I'm more interested in the top in this pic, but doesn't seem to be released yet!

355214.png

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

The RWC logo is so out of proportion with the Irish crest & Canterbury logo. Does anyone else think the crest & RWC logo are sitting too high on the jersey? They are practically sitting on the players shoulders.

• Advertisement

They are looking for €87.50 in the pre-order page?! Wow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There was never going to be anything other than flat green for a test jersey, not from an IRFU committee anyway. Celtic symbols and all that jazz will be left for the 7's or for training tops.

*.jersey you might say. Think I'll resurrect my 2011 RWC shirt and invest in a permanent marker.

There's a new 'home' and 'alt' jersey as well as the RWC jersey. You can see the kids versions here.

Exact same the RWC jersey but with the 3 logo.

The alternative one is nice in fairness, if the cut is good I might buy the RWC version (if there is a RWC alt version)

EDIT: They've just updated the page, and there is an alt RWC jersey, and it's lovely.

Only ever buy 'classic' versions so will be interested in seeing the 'classic' fans version.

That ones ****e though.

edit: It wasn't joking about being classic. Think I have this one already

Also, the alternative classic is a cricket jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

They are looking for €87.50 in the pre-order page?! Wow...

Rip off. For what is essentially a piece of green cloth! I feel sorry for anyone who shelled out 150 for "the limited edition" . They paid an extra 60 quid for a frame a cardboard box and a piece of paper.

I'm with ak on this ill wait for the training gear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

That photo is obviously photoshopped so better off waiting until the photo shoot. But ya its going to be very plain.

If one is being released with a sponsor there might be poor take up for it given the vodafone rumours.

• Advertisement

I'll probably get this if it fits well.

ireland-rwc-2015-alternate-pro-jersey-p22290-14767_zoom.jpg

Not mad about the 3d crest. Seems to be less detailed.

The ball at the center of the crest is literally just the shape, no design on it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

OSI wrote: »
    To be fair the limited edition one seems to at least be a proper test jersey rather than a replica. It has the proper 3D crest, transfer world cup logo, and the grip pattern is actually knitted into the shirt. The standard "pro" version has a sewn on world cup patch and the grip pattern is just an impression in the material.

At 90 blips I would expect a proper test jersey.... Proper 3d crest looks shíte... Like a 3 year old could have done it

Elverys has the "pro" version at 80 euro and the limited edition at 150.

So a little cheaper at least

Looks a bit like a t-shirt to me, one of those dri-fit types.
    The classic is a pisstake, classic indeed - roll out the pattern of every canterbury jersey before 15 years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement