Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting married sept 2019.. weight loss

Options
  • 20-10-2018 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

getting married next year, need to lose the belly, have changed my diet but needs to improve. also will start personal trainer after christmas. have cut down on bread , even though i love it, fryups once a week, porridge for breakie daily, no fast food, crisps( which i have a major weakness for) sweets etc. im 5ft 6 approx and just under 15 stone. i work 10 hours a day, sometimes 12, and i hate feeling hungry. any tips on how i can improve myself , and get the belly down another bit before the xmas?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

cossie2 wrote: »
    getting married next year, need to lose the belly, have changed my diet but needs to improve. also will start personal trainer after christmas. have cut down on bread , even though i love it, fryups once a week, porridge for breakie daily, no fast food, crisps( which i have a major weakness for) sweets etc. im 5ft 6 approx and just under 15 stone. i work 10 hours a day, sometimes 12, and i hate feeling hungry. any tips on how i can improve myself , and get the belly down another bit before the xmas?

Great success! That's a lot of changes. And congrats on the engagement. I'm on Slimming World (4.5 stone in 6 months) - You're looking to lose weight rather than eat healthy so I recommend:

1) get fry light spray! 1 cal per spray so now your fryups and general frying doesn't add to your cal intake

2) portion control - it's really easy to eat double/treble your porridge.

3) it all ends up to be CICO (cal in cal out) so fill up on veg, fruit, and plain potatoes, pasta and rice (add spices for taste). Don't have fruit juice or nuts as they're loaded with cals.

4) don't deny yourself foods but cut down, like have pizza once a month but maybe just 2 slices. They're incredibly his cal/fat.

In the end the best choices are ones you can sustain. Crash dieting for the wedding isn't great, but becoming healthier with slower weight loss is key. You've done a lot of great work already. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Portion control, particularly carbs. (I still have to weigh, as particularly cereals like porridge I find it very easy to go over)

Weekly Fry - grill, and switch to medallions rather than full rashers, consider swapping out the sausages (or looking at lower fat alternatives), dry fry/ fry light the fried eggs (if you cover the pan with a lid, the top/ yolk will cook), watch the amount of bread on top.

Look at crisp alternatives, if you need a fix. Lentil crisps in Aldi are sub 100 calories. Or even Rancherous. I quite like the ProperCorn offers. Per 100g popcorn isn't massively better, but for weight you get more individual corns than you would do crisps. I got a microwave popcorn maker, so no added oil, and I use spices like paprika/ BBQ Seasoning or half salt/ half sweetner for sweet and salty.

Calorie counting worked for me. Only caveat I would give, that now in maintenance I haven't let go of the tracking, but it's a price I'm willing to pay to keep the weight off tbh.

Most important thing imo, is gradual and sustainable changes. Don't go for too much too soon. Portion control will give you a start, without major changes in diet in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DeirdreCF

I've lost 30 lbs and kept it off for 2 years. Just track what you eat on my fitness pal. Set a goal of 1lb a week. Switch to maintenance calories on the ap for Xmas week. Don't go drastic. I started this time of year too. I think it's great. Normally everyone gains weight over Xmas. If you lose a couple before and maintain during you'll be ahead of the game already. Drink water and eat fruit and veg. It'll come off! Congrats on your wedding! It'll be fab! ❤

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭missbaker

Have you tired keto Ive had great success with it. 26lbs down in 4 months.
    Only eat when you are hungry. And try Intermittent fasting also

Advertisement