Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broghies

Options
  • 30-08-2018 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I just don’t know what to do with them. Are they good with salads, soups ..... are they filling? At only about 20 calories each theyvseem like a good carb option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I googled the name because I never heard of them before , I don’t think I would describe them as a good carb, more a portion controlled bad carb, nutritionally its looks like the equivalent of pouring a teaspoon of sugar on your food. That being said if you had been eating something like a poached egg on white toast its probably an improvement because the portion of bread is smaller.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

They're not really filling, you'd use them as a snack, with cheese spread or ham or hummus etc. Pretty simple food, kids might enjoy them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭klm1

Also had to google to see what they were, but now that i've seen them, I recognise them from my local grocery store. Tried them a while back as a bread replacement, but wasnt keen on the texture or taste really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Never heard of them. A ryvita style rye bread is only around 35 calories, which I'd guess would be nutritionally "better"?

Edit - saw them in a shop yesterday, but too expensive for me. I'll be sticking to rye breads/ crispbreads/ corn cakes if I'm looking for an alternative!

Advertisement