Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I'm the same order delivered to hub on

Friday, May 8th 10:34 AM - Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery - Englishtown, NJ

Has not shown up on AdressPal yet. Presume it is just slow at the moment due to Covid

Any luck with yours?

For anyone using the US hub, I had a package delivered there from USPS. Usually when I have packages delivered, they are marked by USPS as "Delivered to agent for final delivery" and then they show up on my AddressPal account.

For my missing one, USPS marked it as Delivered - In/At Mailbox.

Has anyone else had this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

2 items from the UK- delivered and signed for on Wednesday and Thursday of last week- arrived today.
    Nice one An Post.
    And nope- I don't work for An Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

That AddressPal number is a bit of a nuisance isn't it? For one it's too long.

And I've just realised that some of the digits are linked to the collection point you choose. I have always had a post office near my work place selected as my collection point. I ordered an item last week and then changed my collection point to my home town, because I'm working from home. I got notification today that it is ready for collection at the PO near my work place. Changing the collection point in your AP account only changes the AP number in your address, so any changes in your account are pointless if you have an item already ordered.

Worth noting if you have your AP address saved in Amazon or eBay and you plan on changing collection point.

My item is now in a PO over 40kms away from me so according to the Covid Plan I should be able to collect it on the 20th July? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Mine left handling partner in New Jersey on May 13th.

No update since then.

Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mine supposed to have left on 15th. No update since. There have been flights from JFK to Dublin too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ShedTower wrote: »
    That AddressPal number is a bit of a nuisance isn't it? For one it's too long.

And I've just realised that some of the digits are linked to the collection point you choose. I have always had a post office near my work place selected as my collection point. I ordered an item last week and then changed my collection point to my home town, because I'm working from home. I got notification today that it is ready for collection at the PO near my work place. Changing the collection point in your AP account only changes the AP number in your address, so any changes in your account are pointless if you have an item already ordered.

Worth noting if you have your AP address saved in Amazon or eBay and you plan on changing collection point.

My item is now in a PO over 40kms away from me so according to the Covid Plan I should be able to collect it on the 20th July? :rolleyes:

One good about DPD and parcel wizard. You can have a preferred setup (work) but you would get a notification when it arrives to them so you can switch that then to home address instead. If may delay delivery by a day but handy to have the flexibly either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Conte..

What happens with customs when a package arrives from USA?

I've an order costing 26 euro

Conte.. wrote: »
    What happens with customs when a package arrives from USA?

I've an order costing 26 euro

It sits in a sorting cage down in Portlaoise until such time as they get time to go through it (and keep in mind they are short staffed at present).

Currently being assessed by customs for my order from USA on May 13th

• Advertisement

Currently being assessed by customs for my order from USA on May 13th

How long did it take from arriving at AP USA to here?

Completely impossible to tell- its a bit of a how long is a piece of string question. It depends on at least 3 different companies, how they're staffed, how their operations are affected by Covid- and how their schedules happen to match, or not, each others. I doubt anything will go missing for anyone- however, stuff will take a completely quantifiably impossible length of time to arrive.

Completely impossible to tell- its a bit of a how long is a piece of string question. It depends on at least 3 different companies, how they're staffed, how their operations are affected by Covid- and how their schedules happen to match, or not, each others. I doubt anything will go missing for anyone- however, stuff will take a completely quantifiably impossible length of time to arrive.

Why

Don't you get notified when it arrives at AP USA? So you know how long it took

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

My item took 5 working days to get from NJ to Dublin.

It arrived in AP USA on 13th May and net update was being assessed for customs here (Dublin 12) on the 20th May so 7 days

No idea how long it will take in customs. Hopefully be out in the run tomorrow seeing as it is round the corner from me

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

I have an item that arrived into Dublin 12 Hub on April 30, then on May 5 status changed to being assessed by customs and no update since. Total value 25 USD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I'm after accidentally ordering an item to the old Air Business building in St Albans. Anyone know if it'll still make it to AddressPal? It's in the next town over.

inabina wrote: »
    I have an item that arrived into Dublin 12 Hub on April 30, then on May 5 status changed to being assessed by customs and no update since. Total value 25 USD.

Order left customs in D12 at 14:55pm today after arriving there yesterday at 12:04pm

I would give them a call as mine was just over 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Wow ok. What is the right number to get them on? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Guys how long roughly does it take when buying a item in the uk to arrive here at my Irish post office ??.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

bassy wrote: »
    Guys how long roughly does it take when buying a item in the uk to arrive here at my Irish post office ??.

From the FAQ, 3 to 4 working days from delivery at the Addresspal Depot. Delays are expected during the COVID-19 Lockdown

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Parcel received in NJ 11th May. They updated on 15th, citing a problem with the address. Handed over to handling agent on 15th, just updated today 22nd to say being assessed by customs. It'll be interesting to see what the problem is with the address label.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭martian1980

I recently changed my Addresspal UK account from a work post office to a local post office but put the address in without ‘Addresspal’ in it - had the name, AP code, and then ‘The Beacon’ Etc.

Any chance I’ll actually get the package?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭walshtipp

I recently changed my Addresspal UK account from a work post office to a local post office but put the address in without ‘Addresspal’ in it - had the name, AP code, and then ‘The Beacon’ Etc.

Any chance I’ll actually get the package?

It will be fine. Once the AP code and address is there it will find it's way. I've forgotten the AP number before and still received it.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Parcel received in NJ 11th May. They updated on 15th, citing a problem with the address. Handed over to handling agent on 15th, just updated today 22nd to say being assessed by customs. It'll be interesting to see what the problem is with the address label.

Letter received today from Revenue, asking for an invoice and declaration of value. Dated 22nd May, received 29th May. 1 week for a letter from Dublin to Cork. Now you see where the delays are - everywhere.:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Letter received today from Revenue, asking for an invoice and declaration of value. Dated 22nd May, received 29th May. 1 week for a letter from Dublin to Cork. Now you see where the delays are - everywhere.:eek:

Was that the letter date or the franking date?

Davy wrote: »
    Was that the letter date or the franking date?

Letter date.

Letter date.

Just checked - Franked date also the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Inkers92

Hi, using Addresspal for first time. Amazon sent me a delivery confirmation yesterday around noon but I haven't heard anything from addresspal. Should I have received email once it was accepted by addresspal or do they only send the mail once they are shipping it?

• Advertisement

Inkers92 wrote: »
    Hi, using Addresspal for first time. Amazon sent me a delivery confirmation yesterday around noon but I haven't heard anything from addresspal. Should I have received email once it was accepted by addresspal or do they only send the mail once they are shipping it?

You'll get a mail when it's received, but it can take a few days for them to process it and mark it as received on your account.

At that stage, there'll be an An Post tracking number for the package on your account when you log in.

Advertisement