Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Did we just end up in after hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Crypto is only getting started there is massive gains to be made over the next few years before mass adoption which I believe is going to happen. The market is growing rapidly even this year alone.

Getting in at a good time helps too like early March this year. I believe there is a correction to come as many alt coins are close to their ATH.

I keep saying I'll put money in but it's always going up so feel like I need to wait until there's a correction/dip before I really invest.

Might put money into my Degiro first and then look at crypto later? Don't know what to do!

mamaz wrote: »
    I keep saying I'll put money in but it's always going up so feel like I need to wait until there's a correction/dip before I really invest.

Might put money into my Degiro first and then look at crypto later? Don't know what to do!

Dollar cost average your way in. That solves that problem for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Now is a good time.
    50 to 90% correction on alts.
    Eth flooding back to Uniswap.
    BTC price holding around 10400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭maninasia

Dollar cost average your way in. That solves that problem for you.

It's the way to go, seriously, especially now as Market corrected a fair bit but Eth 2.0 has yet to launch.
    If it drops you just continue DCA in.

DCA into Eth and BTC ,maybe IOTA and a few DeFi coins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

is there any auto DCA options available within europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

jobless wrote: »
    is there any auto DCA options available within europe?

Coinbase & CoinCorner offer it, yet to try the latter. Former is pricey for DCA'ing smallish amounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Coinbase & CoinCorner offer it, yet to try the latter. Former is pricey for DCA'ing smallish amounts.

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

A little update on the project that will make me rich :D

Axion has pushed back the launch date of its main net as they have been accepted for audit by Certik (www.Certik.io) The option was put to the community to proceed as planned or delay by up to 10 days to go through the Certik audit and the community voted for the latter.

Certik are one of the top blockchain audit firms around, coupled with the audit already completed through Hacken this should give real confidence in the quality of the codebase.

Main net launch is now expected at the end of October/start of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AngryLoner

Whelo79 wrote: »
    A little update on the project that will make me rich :D

Axion has pushed back the launch date of its main net as they have been accepted for audit by Certik (www.Certik.io) The option was put to the community to proceed as planned or delay by up to 10 days to go through the Certik audit and the community voted for the latter.

Certik are one of the top blockchain audit firms around, coupled with the audit already completed through Hacken this should give real confidence in the quality of the codebase.

Main net launch is now expected at the end of October/start of November.

Just chucked 1 ETH into this. When Moon? When Classic pre-67 VW Beetle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,203 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

AngryLoner wrote: »
    Just chucked 1 ETH into this. When Moon? When Classic pre-67 VW Beetle?

When other people pay more than you did for the same bells and whistles solution to a problem that doesn't exist :)

Remember, now that you've bought some, you now have to convince others to buy, which as you can see is relatively easy

Any alt outside the top 100 that isn't run by complete morons/scammers has a lottery shot of going big, and the current model of getting people to hold their artificial tokens (in order to keep price) by enticing them with the promise of other artificial tokens and arbitrary returns seems a fairly popular one

With this one though I can't seem to find the team behind? that's a bit of a red-flag right off the bat..

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Remember, now that you've bought some, you now have to convince others to buy, which as you can see is relatively easy

Its grand, I'll just light a candle and pray for St. Jude...

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    When other people pay more than you did for the same bells and whistles solution to a problem that doesn't exist :)

Any alt outside the top 100 that isn't run by complete morons/scammers has a lottery shot of going big, and the current model of getting people to hold their artificial tokens (in order to keep price) by enticing them with the promise of other artificial tokens and arbitrary returns seems a fairly popular one

With this one though I can't seem to find the team behind? that's a bit of a red-flag right off the bat..

Join the discord, one of the most open, transparent and community incorporated projects I've ever seen.

What problem is Axion trying to fix??

Nobody has to convince anyone to buy anything. Such nonsense. The project will stand for itself and it goes where it goes.

The whole community was given the option to vote on what steps to take here as well as many others. It's a solid project when people didn't vote to proceed with main net launch asap. The community was also given the option to launch mainnet and proceed with Cirtek audit at the same time but they chose the audit first.

FILECOIN (FIL) should launching on Binance at 6pm....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I see Okex has blocked withdrawals as one of the multisig key holders is currently assisting a State agency with their enquiries into money laundering.

Why the hell then are large amounts of Bitcoin and Eth being moved into Okex? Am I missing something? Surely it’s out of Okex you’d want to be sending your coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Coinbase earn released compound advance lesson yesterday to earn free 10 dollars no catch.

Here is link
    https://coinbase.com/earn/comp/invite/86m0yx3d

The irony levels are off the charts. I’d say Justin got roasted. Or else is trying to come across as a good citizen in the space as he sees other shïtcoin and bucket shop exchange leaders getting arrested.

6910-D5-AD-BBA5-4-D46-8378-A78-E6-E020402.jpg

AngryLoner wrote: »
    FILECOIN (FIL) should launching on Binance at 6pm....

Needed to be in and out of that one very quick or you were badly burnt. There's too many like this recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Where do people get their info for these coin launches?

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Needed to be in and out of that one very quick or you were badly burnt. There's too many like this recently.

$270 million dollars. 3 times what is cost SpaceX to launch their first rocket. Mad auld stuff when you think about it.

Axion goes aprx x33 from here if this trend continues!

Bought a bucket more corn. Slow and steady wins the race.

Bitcoin is a marathon, not a sprint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,730 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bought a bucket more corn.

Corn? For a moment you had me thinking there that you invested in some altcoin :p

Is that the end of sh1tcoin season for the next while? Nice to see BTC decoupling from S&P this past few trading days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Wouldn't it be nice if for just once, after topping €10K, the whales didn't do a big dump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What the feck happened to CRO?

Some big fish decided it was time to leave the little fish hanging?

cnocbui wrote: »
    Some big fish decided it was time to leave the little fish hanging?
    I might be able to avoid CGT this year :pac:

Big news for crypto adoption with PayPal to allow purchases from early next year.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2761MI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Big news for crypto adoption with PayPal to allow purchases from early next year.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2761MI

Hard not to feel bullish those days :-) (although it always makes me uneasy when I feel it is a no brainier!)

• Advertisement

I might be able to avoid CGT this year :pac:

I plan to emigrate and avoid it for all years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I plan to emigrate and avoid it for all years.

Is there a recommended exit strategy? The CGT is severe.

One way Ticket to Portugal. No CGT on crypto.

Still affected by the debacle of interest rate reduction on CRO deposits and the way is was announced.

CRO is fine but basically its utility is 100% driven by the benefits Crypto.com offers for CRO holders in their ecosystem, so any change in their terms of servie can massively impact the value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Go live in Portugal for a couple of years.

One way Ticket to Portugal. No CGT on crypto.

Out of interest: what is the trigger for not being liable for CGT in Ireland anymore and how long does it take? (I assume just the fact of moving or even starting employment abroad doesn't remove CGT liability in Ireland instantly - it would sound too easy)

Is it once a full calendar years has passed whereby you were outside of Ireland more than 50% of the time during that year?

Mine is dependant on sorting a typical Irish legal mess then I will sell up asap and then move to NZ.

CGT isn't the principal motivator, but Irish taxation in general is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Bob24 wrote: »
    Out of interest: what is the trigger for not being liable for CGT in Ireland anymore and how long does it take? (I assume just the fact of moving or even starting employment abroad doesn't remove CGT liability in Ireland instantly - it would sound too easy)

Is it once a full calendar years has passed whereby you were outside of Ireland more than 50% of the time during that year?

50% i believe. Isint that what a certain someone did when selling their phone license.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Out of interest: what is the trigger for not being liable for CGT in Ireland anymore and how long does it take? (I assume just the fact of moving or even starting employment there doesn't remove CGT liability in Ireland instantly - it would sound too easy)

It's 3 years that Revenue think they can lay claim to a capital gain on an asset acquired while living here, if you can believe that sh1t.

In practical terms, once you set foot in the other country you can give Revenue the finger and realise your capital gain as there is nothing they can do about it so long as you don't set foot in Ireland for 10 years. If you don't want them to know about it, you will have to wait until you can satisfy the requirements for opening local bank accounts with a local adddress, then Revenue will not know if you dispose of foreign asssets or crypto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Crypto.com is doing an utterly horrendous job at investor relations. Horrible. Couldn’t be much worse!

• Advertisement

Crypto.com is doing an utterly horrendous job at investor relations. Horrible. Couldn’t be much worse!

They need to stop with the bad surprises for sure!

Link already shared a few posts ago ... but yes this could be pretty big! :-)

It's 3 years that Revenue think they can lay claim to a capital gain on an asset acquired while living here, if you can believe that sh1t.

In practical terms, once you set foot in the other country you can give Revenue the finger and realise your capital gain as there is nothing they can do about it so long as you don't set foot in Ireland for 10 years. If you don't want them to know about it, you will have to wait until you can satisfy the requirements for opening local bank accounts with a local adddress, then Revenue will not know if you dispose of foreign asssets or crypto.

So are you saying you need to move first and then you can cash out your Crupto into an Irish Bank Account?

Is the bank required to notify revenue of the lodgement?

They need to stop with the bad surprises for sure!

I had left that aside in my thinking for now as I rather like what they have been doing, but TBH I have some reservations about the CEO.

He likes to introduce himself as a successful entrepreneur, but from what I can tell his last company which was indeed a reasonably successful Groupon clone in Asia did go bankrupt fairly shortly after he exited (i.e. if I get it right he wasn't in charge anymore so he could argue others made mistakes, but the timing of ihis departure raises questions). And he does seem to still be influenced by this type of promotional business he was running before, with constantly changing offers and trial and error in terms of what customers will accept.

Cheers, I didn't realise it was that long. 3 years is madness but I guess given or confiscatory CGT rate they have to do everything they can to prevent work-arounds as the temptation to use any available one is massive. It would be interesting to know how many people are leaving the country because of this.

So are you saying you need to move first and then you can cash out your Crupto into an Irish Bank Account?

Is the bank required to notify revenue of the lodgement?

No, I was assuming you would be cashing out to a foreign bank account. For instance, if you plan to emigrate to Australia, NZ and probably others, you can set up a bank account before you leave, which would have restrictions on withdrawals and other operating parameters until you can provide a confirmed local address, whereon the account gets regularised. This is so you can sell your house here and transfer your assets to the account before you leave.

That said, you probably could cash out to an Irish account so long as you are confident you could get the money transferred out and overseas before someone comes looking for their cut. I believe an Irish bank is obliged to report large incoming transactions to Revenue.

The reporting obligations under CRS are that if you have a foreign bank account, that bank is obliged to report large deposits to the country where the account holder has their residential address, but once the residential address changes and becomes a local address, then there are no CRS obligations, only local reporting obligations to that countries authorities. So if you have any intention of setting foot in Ireland within 10 years, then it would be wise to wait to cash out to a foreign account after the residential address of the account is no longer an Irish address.

That said, you probably could cash out to an Irish account so long as you are confident you could get the money transferred out and overseas before someone comes looking for their cut. I believe an Irish bank is obliged to report large incoming transactions to Revenue.

Thanks,

I would imagine that the Bank notifies Revenue immediately .

If someone does manage to transfer to the Foreign Bank before Revenue can claim the CGT would they still be liable for the CGT?

Thanks,

I would imagine that the Bank notifies Revenue immediately .

If someone does manage to transfer to the Foreign Bank before Revenue can claim the CGT would they still be liable for the CGT?

Yes, under Irish law.

My personal take on it is that you are only bound to obey the laws of the country you are physically present in. So while Irish law is you owe CGT for 3 years, it only applies and is relevant if you are physically in Ireland. If you are living in Singapore, it's the laws of Singapore you are obliged to follow and should follow.

Ireland can pass any law it likes, why not make it you owe CGT for life? But jurisdiction ends at the border, and that's what matters.

Of course none of this applies to the US, whose laws apply to everyone on the planet at all times.

• Advertisement

EZ-3IblWsAA6Dzp.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement