Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oulwans n' Oulfellas Rock On!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

So it feels like ages have flown bye, in the meantime the delta variety of covid has arrived.
    There are all these mixed messages .
    While its not great! It is a whole lot better than last year. Even the winter has finally ended 😃

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Red Hare wrote: »
    So it feels like ages have flown bye, in the meantime the delta variety of covid has arrived.
    There are all these mixed messages .
    While its not great! It is a whole lot better than last year. Even the winter has finally ended 😃
    How can you tell? I could clearly see clouds of my breath two nights ago. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its the same temperature inside as out.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Well, I put me cardi on today! Now that's unexpected!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Me too Jellybaby! Tis chilly but on upside I think there's chocolate in the kitchen cupboard. Chocolate is always good,

• Advertisement

Yep its definitely gone cool again.
    Hopefully we will get an indian summer.
    I really miss the 4/5 months of sunshine we used to get when i was a child :
    May hot
    June hotter
    July very hot
    August very hot
    September hot
    October pleasant

Global warming isn’t working well for us here in the green isle!,

Heating is on today in June for the first time ever! What's to become of us all?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My mother remembers it snowed in June, the year my brother was born.

New Home wrote: »
    My mother remembers it snowed in June, the year my brother was born.

Was that the year of The Big Snow? :) Or the year of The Even Bigger Snow?

No, that was the year of the "It's snowing in June!!". :pac:

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    No, that was the year of the "It's snowing in June!!". :pac:

Shhhh, don't speak too soon! :eek:

Well the childer have talked me into gettin' one o'dem Revolut cards. Holy moley, what has the worrild come to! So I downloads de app, see, and I starts fillin' in all me essential information like........and den it froze, it froze I tells ya! So me youngest child got on her magic phone and 'chats' to Revolut about me problem. Even me child didn't know wot dey wur talkin' about. So I deleted dat app yoke straight away. Now I'm after gettin' an email from Revolut and I've just read 35 pages of tees and cees, and I'm still none de wiser. Aw let's just go back to pounds, shillins and pence, please. It'll save me a lot of worry and frettin'. I'm fair fed up with it all so I yam. :(

Ok, so I googled it.
    Buy crypto, gold and manage your money with spending analytics

Almost the first sentence on the site. I don't feel any need to buy crypto (wut?), I am not likely to buy gold, and after some 7 decades of handling money I don't need analytics to tell me when I am overspending.

So, no thanks. I'm good. On-line banking I admit to being a convert to, but whatever revolut is, I can manage without.

Well seemingly you can transfer money onto the Revolut card, then you can just pay for your shopping or anything you buy and there are no annual charges or fees. The kids don't use it for anything else. We wouldn't do that crypto thing at all. We get charged fees on our credit cards and I hoped by getting the Revolut we could avoid the fees. Also the kids, when they are away, can use the Revolut and are not charged for currency exchange. Sounded good to me.

But I don't have bank fees anyway, golden years.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I have a Monzo card which is very similar but needs a UK address. I find it handy for travelling and buying small items like a coffee. I also am happier using it for online stuff. It instantly registers a sale on your phone (app), an audible sound of coins falling :) and you see your balance etc. I only put a certain amount of money onto it so if it is lost, stolen or hacked, the loss is limited. It has come to my rescue several times when I found I had mislaid the main credit card. No problem using it in Euroland. It has other fancy features that I dont use. I can also send money to my daughter in UK who has same card.

looksee wrote: »
    But I don't have bank fees anyway, golden years.

The charges I was referring to were from the credit card companies, not the bank charges. Revolut don't charge fees.
    Garlinge wrote: »
    I have a Monzo card which is very similar but needs a UK address. I find it handy for travelling and buying small items like a coffee. I also am happier using it for online stuff. It instantly registers a sale on your phone (app), an audible sound of coins falling :) and you see your balance etc. I only put a certain amount of money onto it so if it is lost, stolen or hacked, the loss is limited. It has come to my rescue several times when I found I had mislaid the main credit card. No problem using it in Euroland. It has other fancy features that I dont use. I can also send money to my daughter in UK who has same card.

That sounds the same as Revolut.

Yes it is the same as Revolut but needs a UK address to set up.

Woo Hoo found my way back into Ould Wans.... but will I manage it next time? not a happy bunny with new set up... but early days and maybe things will be sorted.

I like the visuals of the new system but I am a bit worried about using the look button. The new like buttons seems to be a link to facebook, but maybe its just my paranoia - I will try to like you post Garlinge and we will see what happens!

• Advertisement

It just seems to count likes as opposed to showing the name of the user who did the liking.

If you hover over the button it'll show a list of names, but it's a pain. I'm sure it'll get fixed, eventually. I guess they couldn't afford to wait to go live any longer.

If you click on the 'follow thread' icon at the top of the page, the one that looks like a little banner, it will tell you in notifications - the bell icon - that there is another post, so at least you can find the threads you want to follow quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

I'm with you Red Hare, I'm here but not sure how I got here!. Where is the follow thread thingy gone? I can't see it anywhere.

If you are on desktop/laptop its the little banner icon at the top of the page, if you click it it will turn solid blue and you will be notified of posts. If you are on mobile/touch(?) I think it is a gear icon but I don't use it so I am not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,024 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Mobile is the Star icon.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The seasons, listed in my order of preference are as follows: Autumn, Winter, Spring and finally Summer. I'm thankful that the danged oppressive heat is now past and we are heading into woolly jumper times.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Can't disagree with you OG. I got less gardening done in last week's heat than most days in winter. Fine, bright and cooler, like today, suits me.

Yes OG, I can breathe at last! Can't stand too much heat.

• Advertisement

By the way, has anyone noticed the "View latest post" on the old 'Wakey Wakey Rise & Shine' thread? It's Cicero in 2011! Or am I reading that right?

Advertisement