Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil VIIIage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Game is €59.99 including postage for Xbox, PS4 and PS5 at Smyths at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Game is €59.99 including postage for Xbox, PS4 and PS5 at Smyths at the moment.

I'm fairly sure i just checked that yesterday and it was 70. 60 is a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure i just checked that yesterday and it was 70. 60 is a great price.

Yeah, 60 is a great price. Pre-ordered a copy for my Xbox this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I have it pre-ordered for €70 on PS5, Smyths as well. Is it cheaper anywhere?

Edit: Just cancelled my €70 order and re-ordered it for €60. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Advertisement

I'm not big on hunting mechanics in games. Usually get boring quickly, hopefully won't distract too much from resi goodness and at least the upgrades can be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Demo should be up on ps4 / Xbox one tonight.

New Demo out 2nd May in europe where you get 1 hour and can choose village or castle to play. PlayStation gets it early.

It's actually very ****ing confusing, not sure if there's an exact payable time or you can download it and play when you want.

Predownload the demo tonight.

Mercenaries coming back!

Downloading the demo but not sure if I'll play it, might just wait for the full release. Still confused about demo schedule. It says 8 hours for PlayStation but i thought you get 1 hour playtime. Capcom certainly like to complicate things.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1382831810086805504?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Resident Evil 4 VR version coming exclusively to Quest 2 standalone it seems!

Downloading the demo but not sure if I'll play it, might just wait for the full release. Still confused about demo schedule. It says 8 hours for PlayStation but i thought you get 1 hour playtime. Capcom certainly like to complicate things.

I'm probably way off, but the impression I got was that you'll be able to play for one hour, but that hour has to happen during an eight hour window. And you can get an extra 30 mins in each location if you're on PS? As you say, complicated!

I'm not playing the demo, seen enough to know that I'm buying it day 1. Glad that Capcom still bother to make demos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

It seems obvious in the trailer but is never outright said but is
    Chris a werewolf?

It seems obvious in the trailer but is never outright said but is
    Chris a werewolf?

Yeah, that's what it's looking like alright. Wouldn't mind a quick tear through Resi 7 for a reminder on Ethan and Mia. I was hoping a next gen update would be released by now as was rumoured.

Yeah, that's what it's looking like alright. Wouldn't mind a quick tear through Resi 7 for a reminder on Ethan and Mia. I was hoping a next gen update would be released by now as was rumoured.

Yea I'm the same, think I might just play it anyway. On the plus side it already runs at 60 FPS at higher than 1080p res, so it is not like it was crying out for one.

550366.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

45 FPS is a very odd frame rate to advertise - kudos on the honesty, I guess! Although another good case for VRR support please Sony!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

1080p 60FPS for One X - still not seeing any reason to upgrade to either of the new consoles this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

45 FPS is a very odd frame rate to advertise - kudos on the honesty, I guess! Although another good case for VRR support please Sony!

I'm not sure if PSVR is on their crosshairs.

Resident Evil Biohazard remains a PSVR exclusive to this day, so it may stay as a Quest 2 Exclusive unless they've changed their strategy!

Would be nice to see it on more VR platforms though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Bump. Village demo should be playable now

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Bump. Village demo should be playable now

I'm gonna pass on the demo and wait for the full release. Pity the demo didn't include mercenaries, wouldn't mind giving that a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mando212

Gave the demo a spin on PS5, disabled ray tracing as I never cared for it. Looks fantastic, RE engine never fails to impress. Managed to finish it with a few minutes to spare.

Will skip the castle demo next weekend and wait for release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Demo looks great but for some reason the gameplay didn't grab me. Can't put my finger on it. Think I preferred the castle atmosphere seen in the Maiden demo. Was on the fence on getting this day one so likely to leave till later in the year now and a price drop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Won't bother with the demo but I preordered from Smyths for €60. Wouldn't usually be a day 1 buyer but there are slim pickings at the moment that show of the 5's capabilities.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It is weird. Unless they are performing some kind of technical voodoo it effectively means 30 FPS stable or 45 FPS unstable with tearing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Digital Foundry has explained what it means.

No technical wizardry.

The game runs an unlocked frame rate so with RT on it runs at 60 with drops to around 50. So you'll get lovely screen tearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Retr0gamer wrote: »

No technical wizardry.

The game runs an unlocked frame rate so with RT on it runs at 60 with drops to around 50. So you'll get lovely screen tearing.

For those on Xbox VRR should handle that. The worse case scenario for VRR ranges on TVs is 48-60 for 4K and I have seen some newer TVs go from 30 - 120 on 4K.

My TV can do 48-60, so VRR should sort out the RT mode for me.

Xbox can handle 1440p as well, I know my TV in that mode can do VRR up to 30-120 VRR.

So getting this on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Do these demos provide a completion bonus that'd carry forth into the full game like back in RE7 with the rusty coin?

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »

No technical wizardry.

I didn't see any screen tearing, did you mean judder?
    BeerWolf wrote: »
    Do these demos provide a completion bonus that'd carry forth into the full game like back in RE7 with the rusty coin?

They haven't said anything, and there is nothing in the demo to suggest it, but there is still another demo to go so I wouldn't rule it out.

Advertisement