Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

Couple of value bets IMO

Kilmacud Dublin outright 5/2 Ladbrokes
    St Johns Antrim outright 9/1 Ladbrokes

Really like kilmacud minus 6 today10/11 aswell as the outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I have had a small cut off Legion to beat Rahillys in Kerry at 2/1. Legion have James O Donoghue fit. Rahillys will be without Barry John Keane (suspended) and big Tommy Walsh (injured)

Rahillys may well have too much for them still but they're big players to be missing and 2/1 just too big imo.

Legion win by 1. That'll do pig. Little boost to the balance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Austin Stacks are probably worth a few quid this weekend vs Dr Crokes, 13/8 albeit I was hoping for a bit longer than that.

Crokes will be missing a few key players and haven't been firing on all cylinders in their last number of games, whereas Stacks are on a decent run of form having reached the senior Club Championship final. Match is in Tralee on Friday night.

Legion are also probably a bit overpriced at 15/8 vs Rahillys in Killarney on Sunday (Live on RTE) in what really is a 50/50 game, only a bounce of a ball between the teams over the last 3 years. Their last match was a forgettable mauling at the hands of Stacks, but 15/8 is far too big an adjustment in my opinion.

1 good, 1 bad.

Stacks drew, beaten in ET, Legion win by 1.

• Advertisement

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Really like kilmacud minus 6 today10/11 aswell as the outright.

Got that one well wrong.Big shock as Lucan win by a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Few differences of opinion in the wicklow championship this weekend

Arklow priced up @4/6 with boyles and 8/13 pp local bookies have them at 2/5 up against rathnew. Definitely see the 4/6 as some value arklow got to the county final last year quite a young hungry side look to be the second best side in the county again. Rathnew are now a shell of the side that would have been known in recent years 2 goals in injury time scraped them through the last round they also lost their first game out in the championship have the look of a team that are hanging on by a thread nothing for arklow to fear.

St Pat's should be too strong for tinhealy but that's reflected in the prices @1/5

Baltinglass are 8/15 against kilteagan with boyles while they are 1/4 locally. They have won both games they have played so far kilteagan are dogged and it will be a decent battle balto have a bit more about them in the forwards and would expect them to come out on top.

Avondale 1/3 with pp and 1/4 with boyles 1/5 locally dunlavin arent up to the standard at this stage of the championship

3 out of 4 went with the prices but tinahely turned st Pat's over after extra time biggest shock in a few years that one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Kilcoo let me down

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

The Heath tonight in Laois
    Rhode to win Offaly

razorhead wrote: »
    The Heath tonight in Laois
    Rhode to win Offaly

The Heath won by 7

• Advertisement

razorhead wrote: »
    The Heath won by 7

What price were they for the win? I saw your post but didnt back it so didnt check the prices

I fancy Kenmare to beat Mid Kerry this weekend. Currently 15/8 with Mid Kerry at 1/2. Should be the other way round imo. I'll have a small double with them and Na Fianna in Meath. They play Ashbourne and its 15/8 Na Fianna, 1/2 Ashbourne. Na Fianna seem to be firing all cylinders and Ashbourne havent been too impressive so far.

dobman88 wrote: »
    What price were they for the win? I saw your post but didnt back it so didnt check the prices

They were 4/5. They were 6/4 in the week before the lockdown when game was postponed.

Rite lads this is NAP material.Kilkenny club scene tomorrow Ballyhale v Rower Inistioge.Ballyhale minus 7 is an absolutly fantastic bet with pp and betfair.loser into relegation semi.Inistioge going very poor and are missing a rake of their top players. Really think you should have a good cut off the minus 7,by throw in the handicap will be 100% double figures.My nap of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

I fancy Kenmare to beat Mid Kerry this weekend. Currently 15/8 with Mid Kerry at 1/2. Should be the other way round imo.

Replying through my pocket as I've backed Mid Kerry in this game at the beginning of the week. (SS)

15/8 is a decent price now for Kenmare but I definitely wouldn't say they should be favourites. They are minus Dan McCarthy who did all the damage vs Dr Crokes in Club Championship. Sean O'Shea picked up a knock in the last round vs Shannon Rangers and went off at half time. Presume he'll be playing.

Separately, watched the Mid Kerry game last weekend. Kilcummin weren't up to much, but Mid Kerry were impressive and will improve, as divisional sides tend to do. They've gone from even money opening show for this match to 4/7 also, so there's other fools somewhere agreeing with me that they are worthy favs.

Same As wrote: »
    Replying through my pocket as I've backed Mid Kerry in this game at the beginning of the week. (SS)

15/8 is a decent price now for Kenmare but I definitely wouldn't say they should be favourites. They are minus Dan McCarthy who did all the damage vs Dr Crokes in Club Championship. Sean O'Shea picked up a knock in the last round vs Shannon Rangers and went off at half time. Presume he'll be playing.

Separately, watched the Mid Kerry game last weekend. Kilcummin weren't up to much, but Mid Kerry were impressive and will improve, as divisional sides tend to do. They've gone from even money opening show for this match to 4/7 also, so there's other fools somewhere agreeing with me that they are worthy favs.

Yeah I had been told Seanie would be ok to start. Spoke to another lad this evening and he reckons he is out. So that's a big tipping point.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Rite lads this is NAP material.Kilkenny club scene tomorrow Ballyhale v Rower Inistioge.Ballyhale minus 7 is an absolutly fantastic bet with pp and betfair.loser into relegation semi.Inistioge going very poor and are missing a rake of their top players. Really think you should have a good cut off the minus 7,by throw in the handicap will be 100% double figures.My nap of the year.

18 points up with 20 to go. Looks to be safe. Thank you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

Excellent tip, thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Never seen an easier winner then this Hope ya had enough on !

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

They won by about 40 points in the end lol. Pp were way off with this one. Cheers for the heads up kilkenny34

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not a phrase to be used lightly.

Ballyhale won by 4-34 v 0-08

But you certainly used it well, well done.

Ha well basically Rower were missing Richie Leahy(current KK),Kieran Joyce and Joe Lyng (former KK ),a county minor last year and another big player.Could not believe the handicap stayed the same until 12.30.Went off -8 at 4/5.Boyles had a nice market over 3.5 goals 11/4 which I didnt take but got involved in the winning margin PP 16+ points 5/1.So that and the handicap worked out extremely well.

Hope yee got a few nice winnings,would recommened reinvesting a portion(not all)on Bennetsbridge on the handicap tomorrow,no prices yet but should be a good thing.Bridge going nicely and were in a county final 2 years ago.GBC really struggling ,no firepower and Billy Ryan still injured.Fancy Bridge,though not the certainty today was.

Wont be betting on this game but O Donovan Rossa were 5/1,think 4to1 now v Cushendall.Rossa good young team and if there is a handicap,doubt there will be,think they might have a chance of covering it but only a speculative bet.

Ha well basically Rower were missing Richie Leahy(current KK),Kieran Joyce and Joe Lyng (former KK ),a county minor last year and another big player.Could not believe the handicap stayed the same until 12.30.Went off -8 at 4/5.Boyles had a nice market over 3.5 goals 11/4 which I didnt take but got involved in the winning margin PP 16+ points 5/1.So that and the handicap worked out extremely well.

Hope yee got a few nice winnings,would recommened reinvesting a portion(not all)on Bennetsbridge on the handicap tomorrow,no prices yet but should be a good thing.Bridge going nicely and were in a county final 2 years ago.GBC really struggling ,no firepower and Billy Ryan still injured.Fancy Bridge,though not the certainty today was.

Wont be betting on this game but O Donovan Rossa were 5/1,think 4to1 now v Cushendall.Rossa good young team and if there is a handicap,doubt there will be,think they might have a chance of covering it but only a speculative bet.

Rossa win 2-11 to 16pts.Hurling in Belfast on the up.Themselves and St. Johns getting better and also St. Galls.

I fancy Kenmare to beat Mid Kerry this weekend. Currently 15/8 with Mid Kerry at 1/2. Should be the other way round imo. I'll have a small double with them and Na Fianna in Meath. They play Ashbourne and its 15/8 Na Fianna, 1/2 Ashbourne. Na Fianna seem to be firing all cylinders and Ashbourne havent been too impressive so far.

Na Fianna just won by 6. Onto Kenmare tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Nice work yesterday, I hear that o loughlins second team have a lot of seniors available today against fenians and that the 6/4 in Powers is very big? Any insight into that, not certain of my own source is all, cheers!

pablo24 wrote: »
    Nice work yesterday, I hear that o loughlins second team have a lot of seniors available today against fenians and that the 6/4 in Powers is very big? Any insight into that, not certain of my own source is all, cheers!

They will have a few senior panelists available alright.Dont think anyone from the starting 15,not 100%tho.They would be a mainly young team who have competed at Roinn A all through underage with a couple of very strong older lads who dont hurl Senior anymore.The 6/4 is value altight,think Boyles have the prices more correct.In saying that Fenians are ferocious battlers and wont be easily beating.Iv only had 1 bet on the intermediate myself ,a small bet on Young Irelands to beat Ballyragget 15/8.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

pablo24 wrote: »

They fell 5 behind before leading by 11 at ht.

Its live on Fenians Facebook for anyone that's on.

Edit won by 13

Na Fianna just won by 6. Onto Kenmare tomorrow.

Seanie Shea starts for Kenmare, leg heavily strapped and very much a passenger in the team so far. Seems to be more of a decoy playing inside forward. Up 5pts to 4pts at 1st water break.

Kenmare lost by 1. Hard one to take as they were up by 5 at the 2nd water break and down by 3 by the 55th minute. Mid Kerry's experience saw them through. Happy with the value gained though, always good value around the club scene

• Advertisement

They will have a few senior panelists available alright.Dont think anyone from the starting 15,not 100%tho.They would be a mainly young team who have competed at Roinn A all through underage with a couple of very strong older lads who dont hurl Senior anymore.The 6/4 is value altight,think Boyles have the prices more correct.In saying that Fenians are ferocious battlers and wont be easily beating.Iv only had 1 bet on the intermediate myself ,a small bet on Young Irelands to beat Ballyragget 15/8.

Hope you still punted.I didnt imagine that full time scoreline.Young Irelands won,unfortunately on penalties.Lot of draws in KK this year.

Advertisement