Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post C19 Confirmed Races

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

sideswipe wrote: »
    Yeah, organising something in place of a planned 10k.

Time trials for half and full marathons would be mentally challenging......think this will be the first year in 11 years I don't run a marathon.

I have come to hate the notion of virtual runs- don't know why, each to their own and all that but races are either races or they're not. Maybe I'm just old a narky.

I had been enthusiastic initially about the prospect of doing the virtual Dublin marathon by covering the Dublin marathon route itself on the day.

Given that won't be an option now for those of us from outside Dublin the shine is gone off it for me.
    Not arsed doing loops locally at home for the sake of it, can do that any weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    So take the advice and cop on

Well excuse me for explaining the legality of the situation. :rolleyes:

If you have any issue with the fact that they are guidleines and not the law, take it up with your local TDs.

Great to see shoot the messenger alive and well on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Zebra3 wrote: »
    It's advisory.

thats the attitude that has us in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

ultrapercy wrote: »
    thats the attitude that has us in this situation.

Explaining the legal situation isn't an attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

<mod> and that's enough of the bickering</mod>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

As races open up again (hopefully) it would be great if posters could update confirmed races here.

I need somewhere to go to get my fix :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Down Royal 10k on May 30th in County Antrim. Currently closed for new entries but hope to open again once the latest restrictions are announced on May 13th.

Maze Prison Site or Down Royal - June 13th - Half Marathon, 10k and 5k - opening for entries from May 18th

Maze Prison Site or Down Royal - June 27th - Half Marathon, 10k and 5k - opening for entries from May 18th

Awaiting permission from Stormont Executive to use Prison site for one or both. Most likely it will be the latter date.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

The Thoroughbred run in Kildare is going on over three days 18,19,20 June. There is a waiting list for the 10k & Half Marathon races at the moment.

Luckily I managed to get a place on the 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Clew Bay Half Marathon & 10k on 18 September. Limited to 200 entrants and already 50% full according to their FB page.

Ran this 3 years ago; a great race on a very scenic and challenging course. I've entered again and hopefully it'll go ahead; if anything it's a nice excuse for a weekend away from the big smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

Donadea 50k ..with an added 100k..both races confirmed as Irish Championships and also hosting the Anglo Celtic Plate 100k ...21st August..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

UM1 wrote: »
    Donadea 50k ..with an added 100k..both races confirmed as Irish Championships and also hosting the Anglo Celtic Plate 100k ...21st August..

Feck, so many races now. The calendar is full from late August onwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Down Royal 10k and also 5k on May 30th in County Antrim. Will re open for entries from 14th May.

Maze Prison Site or Down Royal - June 13th - Half Marathon, 10k and 5k - opening for entries from May 18th

Maze Prison Site or Down Royal - June 27th - Half Marathon, 10k and 5k - opening for entries from May 18th

Awaiting permission from Stormont Executive to use Prison site for one or both. Most likely it will be the latter date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Technique

Donegal Half Marathon 29th August in Letterkenny. Online registrations open.

Technique wrote: »
    Donegal Half Marathon 29th August in Letterkenny. Online registrations open.

Pity, that’s on the same weekend as Antrim

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Cartman78

MrSkinny wrote: »
    Clew Bay Half Marathon & 10k on 18 September. Limited to 200 entrants and already 50% full according to their FB page.

Ran this 3 years ago; a great race on a very scenic and challenging course. I've entered again and hopefully it'll go ahead; if anything it's a nice excuse for a weekend away from the big smoke.

Signed up for the Half as well.....have to say it felt very cathartic to finally be able to put something in the calendar to aim for :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Anybody know of any 5-10k races taking place on either of the weekends 12th/13th or 19th/20th June?

zico10 wrote: »
    Anybody know of any 5-10k races taking place on either of the weekends 12th/13th or 19th/20th June?

Not sure if this is any use to you as it’s 25th

https://www.myrunresults.com/events-calendar?n=1&fbclid=IwAR20jK1dc1tBmdJ3Djo4-G31f0_5HRncouetr-qWGJo_wdNjfUJjKWdcFFs

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Thanks. I’d seen that. St Coca’s race would be perfect only it’s too close to a goal 10k the following weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

Popup race organisers are brilliant at taking the initiative, I hope people support them.

Only a pity others weren’t like them!

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Technique

zico10 wrote: »

http://myraceline.com/event/finn-valley-ac-golden-jubilee-race-series-10k/

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Have registered for this and am really looking forward to it! Any idea how it will be organised within Covid limits? Not much mentioned on the website, except that we will have to wear masks before and after. And no get together post race.

Anyone know of 5k or 10k real race actually happening during June?

I’ve come across some advertised but still not open for entries.

Thanks

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Thanks

TbL

Lilliput in Mullingar, June 26th

Look them up on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Mar Azul

Thanks

TbL

St Cocoa's 5k, entry opening on myrun 12th of June at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Thanks

TbL
    Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Lilliput in Mullingar, June 26th

Look them up on facebook

C feck the the 5K rock up and run a 3 hour marathon with no training. Its how u have always rolled

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Mar Azul

Mar Azul wrote: »
    St Cocoa's 5k, entry opening on myrun 12th of June at 6pm

Well that was a crock of shlt.
    Yesterday entries were said to be coming online at 6:01pm on June 12th.
    Looks like it opened today, waiting 25 mins and then told registrations are not available?

Hopefully it was a test run for tomorrow!
    *It wasn't, now listed as sold out, so disappointed but great to see the demand and hopefully the event goes well for them.

Mar Azul wrote: »
    Well that was a crock of shlt.
    Yesterday entries were said to be coming online at 6:01pm on June 12th.
    Looks like it opened today, waiting 25 mins and then told registrations are not available?

Hopefully it was a test run for tomorrow!
    *It wasn't, now listed as sold out, so disappointed but great to see the demand and hopefully the event goes well for them.

Same as that, just stopped mid run to register and it’s sold out

Ffs!!!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Same as that, just stopped mid run to register and it’s sold out

Ffs!!!

TbL

Me too! What a load of crap!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Says entries open Friday June 12th, today is Friday June the 11th no doubt threw loads off!!

Advertisement