Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing seat from lakeboat

Options
  • 04-05-2021 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, I'm thinking of removing one of the bench seats from my 19ft Sheelin boat, removing the seat is easy enough, just wondering if anyone has done it and whether it has an impact on overall strength of the boat with one bench seat removed??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭daveville30

NWBertie wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm thinking of removing one of the bench seats from my 19ft Sheelin boat, removing the seat is easy enough, just wondering if anyone has done it and whether it has an impact on overall strength of the boat with one bench seat removed??

I wouldn't remove the middle seat. one up at the Bow shouldn't make a difference I removed a middle seat before and I could flex the sides in and out.yours might be heavier built though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NWBertie

I wouldn't remove the middle seat. one up at the Bow shouldn't make a difference I removed a middle seat before and I could flex the sides in and out.yours might be heavier built though.

The Sheelin has 3 bench seats and one across the back too, I'm thinking leaving two seat in place will keep it from flexing, guess I could remove it and just replace it of it causes flexing, alternatively I could form a fibreglass "rib" down each side and across the floor, might give it strength

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭daveville30

NWBertie wrote: »
    The Sheelin has 3 bench seats and one across the back too, I'm thinking leaving two seat in place will keep it from flexing, guess I could remove it and just replace it of it causes flexing, alternatively I could form a fibreglass "rib" down each side and across the floor, might give it strength

Yea thats what I done put a few ribs in that stopped the flexing.take it out and see if it needs it.the fiberglass in mine was 7 or 8 mil thick.yours might be a bit heavier built.

Advertisement