Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this be creepy?

Options
2»

Comments

It would be best to face facts that I don't really have much to offer a woman at 40+ and try just to live my life as best I can- as a lot of the posters say on here, work on yourself first.

OP I don't need to know you to know you've as much to offer as anyone else. Everyone has value. Think of the things you want out of a relationship - surely you'd plan to give those same things to the other person? If you can see the value in getting love and companionship from someone else, don't forget that this is what you can offer the other person too. It's a two-way street.

I'd throw the 'work on yourself first' stuff out the window. Nobody's perfect.

As for knowing the signals for when it's okay to ask someone out - it's rare to spot a sure-thing. It's always a gamble, always a risk, and at least with this person you met via networking so it's not someone you're going to have to see every day if it doesn't pan out. I would suggest that if you're ever going to ask someone out and you're really unsure of whether they're into it, do it via text (not LinkedIn, that should be reserved for work so in this case Twitter is a better bet) and call it a date. This gives her time to think, and allows her to be honest if she's not looking for anything romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for your input true-or-false - I suppose its a habit I fall into easily, not adequately valuing myself and what I would have to bring to a potential relationship. I suppose I was viewing it more economically - viewing what I had to offer as devalued considering my age and lack of relationship experience when compared to others who would be in the market for a significant other.

The right swipe on Tinder was not reciprocated and as she does not use Twitter much, the message was left unread, so I can move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Thanks for your input true-or-false - I suppose its a habit I fall into easily, not adequately valuing myself and what I would have to bring to a potential relationship. I suppose I was viewing it more economically - viewing what I had to offer as devalued considering my age and lack of relationship experience when compared to others who would be in the market for a significant other.

The right swipe on Tinder was not reciprocated and as she does not use Twitter much, the message was left unread, so I can move on.

Lesson learned and move on from it. An inexperienced guy will read romantic meaning into every interaction with a woman. Better get out there, go on dates, learn about how it all works. Best of luck.

Advertisement