Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

august2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Thanks for that. Yes I'll call the hospital Monday and see what they advise. They actually called my GP the last time I raised this with them but as you can see unfortunately it has had no effect. I don't know if it's pregnancy or the residual stress of all that is going on lately but I'm quite tearful and have developed an eye twitch for the last 10 days.

It really is such a stressful time to be pregnant and you Drs should understand that and not be adding to it I don’t blame you feeling tearful. I would mention all this to the midwife. Is there any possibility of changing Dr if it is just a problem with your practice.

I do feel Covid-19 is stealing some of the happiness from our pregnancies but I do think we will come out of this stronger and more able to deal with anything that is thrown at us we are tougher than we know or even think we are.

Sorry I can’t offer any practical help but am here if you need to vent or air concerns x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭History Queen

Thanks a million Rosiem, I do appreciate it. I'm normally a very calm and logical person so feeling like this is irritating me too. I have to say I'm shocked at my GP practice I usually have only good things to say about them.

Anyway I'm currently laying in to the Easter Chocolate and watching crap tv. Husband looked after dinner and our son's bedtime. So I'm having a selfish evening and will shake it off and get on with things tomorrow. Thanks again for the support. Sometimes you just need someone else to reassure you that you aren't over reacting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

History Queen I can’t believe they still haven’t contacted you......no wonder you are feeling emotional and stressed, that’s completely understandable. Like the others, my own practice had no problem with me having my regular appointment..... I really do feel for you. We are here for you to vent and offer any advice (which is limited in my case I must admit!) Be kind to yourself and do try and make contact with them again, whether it’s via midwife or ringing GP yourself again. You’re entitled to a minimum level of care even during these hard times.

Can I ask is gestational diabetes test standard for everyone? I’ve had no mention of it from hospital .... I’m back to them at 32 weeks for another scan and apt afterward. My placenta is low lying, so I hope it’s sorted itself out by that stage....

Thanks for the support Ahaaha. Re the gestational diabetes test I had it (the test, not the condition) on my last pregnancy but I'm nearly sure I was referred to the test for a reason. I can't for the life of me remember what it was... I have a feeling it was something got to do with my weight suddenly fluctuating but I could be wrong about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have my GD test at 28 weeks at 8am and then see my consultant at 9am....I think?
    I am 35 so am geriatric or whatever the term is ;)
    Never had GD on any previous pregnancies so I don’t think I have it (touch wood).

Re clothes I keep my kids in baby grows and a cardigan if it’s cold until they pretty much start to walk!!!!! Say 10ish months! I don’t bother with outfits....too much hassle. I always find it hard to find cardigans so if I see any now I am going to buy them!
    We pretty much have all the baby equipment already but need to buy new mattresses. Will order them maybe next month as my post from amazon is taking ages....a good month. I might buy a co sleeper. Never had one before.....my kids were and still are desperate sleepers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

ahaaha wrote: »
    History Queen I can’t believe they still haven’t contacted you......no wonder you are feeling emotional and stressed, that’s completely understandable. Like the others, my own practice had no problem with me having my regular appointment..... I really do feel for you. We are here for you to vent and offer any advice (which is limited in my case I must admit!) Be kind to yourself and do try and make contact with them again, whether it’s via midwife or ringing GP yourself again. You’re entitled to a minimum level of care even during these hard times.

Can I ask is gestational diabetes test standard for everyone? I’ve had no mention of it from hospital .... I’m back to them at 32 weeks for another scan and apt afterward. My placenta is low lying, so I hope it’s sorted itself out by that stage....

For the gestational diabetes test I am only having it as I am 40 and it’s protocol in Coombe for anyone 40 or over I didn’t have to have it last time so unless you have other issues with weight/BP/Pre eclampsia for example you won’t need it.

Thanks for the info ladies! I’m 37 so also geriatric ;) what a term eh?!! Mind you I am lying in bed watching the late late show, so it might be apt for me! I’ll ask the nurse next week at my GP surgery just for peace of mind. I’ve been eating so much trash the last week or two, I best cop on!!

Thanks for the info ladies! I’m 37 so also geriatric ;) what a term eh?!! Mind you I am lying in bed watching the late late show, so it might be apt for me! I’ll ask the nurse next week at my GP surgery just for peace of mind. I’ve been eating so much trash the last week or two, I best cop on!!

My sister’s first baby was 11lbs!!! She didn’t have GD but was tested for it! Her newborn baby girl looked about 2 months old!!!! ;)
    They test for loads of different reasons.
    https://www.diabetes.ie/living-with-diabetes/diabetes-pregnancy/gestational-diabetes/

Hi ladies, 25 weeks today! I hope ye are all feeling well.

I got a surprise phone call from my hospital Wednesday morning wanting to know if I had been seen by my GP since. I told them no. They asked a few general questions about my health and said they'd see me in May (when my next appointment is).

Half an hour later a practice nurse rang from my GP to organise an appointment and I was seen yesterday. Did my vaccines/blood test/urine/weight/blood pressure and listened to baby with doppler. All well thank God. Feeling so relieved today. Nurse apologised and said I'd fallen through the cracks and they've changed their policy now, so for the rest of my pregnancy I'll be seen for my appointments as scheduled unless either them or me contract covid and even then a contingency plan will be put in place.

I'm assuming the hospital rang them again to get me seen. To be honest I don't really care what caused it, just glad to know someone will be keeping an eye on my health for the rest of the pregnancy.

How are all of you feeling?

• Advertisement

Hi ladies, 25 weeks today! I hope ye are all feeling well.

I got a surprise phone call from my hospital Wednesday morning wanting to know if I had been seen by my GP since. I told them no. They asked a few general questions about my health and said they'd see me in May (when my next appointment is).

Half an hour later a practice nurse rang from my GP to organise an appointment and I was seen yesterday. Did my vaccines/blood test/urine/weight/blood pressure and listened to baby with doppler. All well thank God. Feeling so relieved today. Nurse apologised and said I'd fallen through the cracks and they've changed their policy now, so for the rest of my pregnancy I'll be seen for my appointments as scheduled unless either them or me contract covid and even then a contingency plan will be put in place.

I'm assuming the hospital rang them again to get me seen. To be honest I don't really care what caused it, just glad to know someone will be keeping an eye on my health for the rest of the pregnancy.

How are all of you feeling?

Oh that’s brilliant news! I’m thrilled for you- huge relief I’m sure!

Also 25 weeks today. They seem to be flying by these days! I’m feeling good, getting v big however and heartburn/indigestion is rearing it’s head. I’ve never suffered from it before, it’s horrific! So off to pharmacy with me later on to get some gaviscon :)

History queen that is great news :)
    Ahaaha and yourself are ahead of me! The next 15 weeks will fly for you both!

Getting a bit sick of this lockdown tbh my kids are really missing their grandparents :(

How is everyone keeping? Had apt with nurse in GP practice this week-vaccines checked off the list TG! Got to hear heartbeat on Doppler, it just fascinates me every time that this whole thing is going on inside of me.....was told to not take gaviscon for heartburn and just drink milk unless it gets completely unbearable and then to ring for advice. Thankfully I hadn’t taken a lot of it! I won’t be seen now until 32 weeks in hospital. CUMH have stopped 28 week apts. It feels so far away....

I forgot to ask while I was with nurse but do we need note from GP wrt maternity leave and due date to give into school? Millem I know you’re v knowledgeable in this whole process....I want to hopefully take the full year off but get paid for next summer, so what’s the best route to go? Maternity followed by unpaid leave followed by parental leave and go back the last day of term then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

I forgot to ask while I was with nurse but do we need note from GP wrt maternity leave and due date to give into school? Millem I know you’re v knowledgeable in this whole process....I want to hopefully take the full year off but get paid for next summer, so what’s the best route to go? Maternity followed by unpaid leave followed by parental leave and go back the last day of term then?

I'm assuming you're a teacher as you said school and also assuming you're primary??
    I was due 20th August last year so I took the statutory unpaid leave which runs out at the end of May so would then need to take 4 weeks parental leave to get the full year off. You do not need to go back for even one day in order to be paid for the Summer, I got this confirmed by the INTO.

You can get a letter from your GP or consultant (if you have one). Just a simple letter saying "I can confirm that X is X weeks pregnant with a due date of X. Hope that helps :)

jellybear wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're a teacher as you said school and also assuming you're primary??
    I was due 20th August last year so I took the statutory unpaid leave which runs out at the end of May so would then need to take 4 weeks parental leave to get the full year off. You do not need to go back for even one day in order to be paid for the Summer, I got this confirmed by the INTO.

You can get a letter from your GP or consultant (if you have one). Just a simple letter saying "I can confirm that X is X weeks pregnant with a due date of X. Hope that helps :)

Thanks jellybear! Yep, secondary teacher. A good few of us on this thread seem to be. Great that I don’t have to go back for a day :)

Thanks jellybear! Yep, secondary teacher. A good few of us on this thread seem to be. Great that I don’t have to go back for a day :)

No problem at all!! Hope you're all keeping well in this thread. I was in your position last year and have my little 8 month old attempting to crawl right in front of me at the minute :D

• Advertisement

I am a post primary teacher who gets paid every 2 weeks by Department of Ed. (Pay periods are a Tues-Mon).

Re maternity leave my plan is to:
    1. Push my date out as far as possible!!!
    2. Finish paid maternity leave at the start of March.
    3. Take unpaid maternity leave till the day we get Easter holidays (26th March)
    4. Go back on payroll for 16 days.
    5. Take unpaid 4 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks paid parent’s leave till Tuesday 25th May. Mix up the weeks and get paid for bank holiday Monday 3rd May.
    6. Come back to work Tuesday 25th May.

Our wages are based over 7 days not 5. I just need to figure out with the Parent’s benefit is it a 5 day payment at €245 then we can officially get paid our wages Saturday and Sunday or is it a 7 day payment?

We need a letter from the doctor with an estimated due date just for our own file in school. We fill out the maternity benefit form ourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭awny

Millem wrote: »
    I am a post primary teacher who gets paid every 2 weeks by Department of Ed. (Pay periods are a Tues-Mon).

Re maternity leave my plan is to:
    1. Push my date out as far as possible!!!
    2. Finish paid maternity leave at the start of March.
    3. Take unpaid maternity leave till the day we get Easter holidays (26th March)
    4. Go back on payroll for 16 days.
    5. Take unpaid 4 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks paid parent’s leave till Tuesday 25th May. Mix up the weeks and get paid for bank holiday Monday 3rd May.
    6. Come back to work Tuesday 25th May.

Our wages are based over 7 days not 5. I just need to figure out with the Parent’s benefit is it a 5 day payment at €245 then we can officially get paid our wages Saturday and Sunday or is it a 7 day payment?

We need a letter from the doctor with an estimated due date just for our own file in school. We fill out the maternity benefit form ourself.

Millem, just re pushing out the date. Will your consultant do it for you? I was wondering this myself. I’m due at end of sept, but if school goes back late I don’t want to miss out.

awny wrote: »
    Millem, just re pushing out the date. Will your consultant do it for you? I was wondering this myself. I’m due at end of sept, but if school goes back late I don’t want to miss out.

I will let you know after my next appointment!! ;)

My dates are very vague as had only finished breastfeeding my 2 year old. First scan measured behind.

It’s only an estimated due date anyway!
    I will start my maternity leave though at end of August so school won’t have started!!

Ahaha you don’t need to go back for any days to get paid for the summer. The last day of term is 4th June. Parental leave is taken in 7 day blocks.

So say your PL is Mon-Sun you get paid for May bank holiday, your next PL starts Tues-Mon. This is why I aim to be back Tuesday 25th May.

My principal said I can just come back and cover a few classes. My job isn’t getting replaced just dispersed!
    I want to save the two weeks for the following school year as I am aim take the guts of the following 3 school years off with PL.

There are “unpaid personal days” that we could apply for but I tried before and didn’t get them. :( They can be taken in single days. You get 10 per year. The leave section in the Department told me about them. They are unpaid and a sub is paid from day 1. Suss them out
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 priyankajha

Hey ladies!

Hope everyone is doing good. I am registered at NMH. I was supposed to attend antenatal classes that they organize but due to this lock down thing going on everything has been cancelled. I am FTM so are there any other options from where I can get antenatal classes as I am little nervous .

All the suggestions are welcome!
    Thanks a ton in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭buttercup20

Hi, I am popping over from the May 2020 thread, I can PM you some further details. There is a public course on labour and birth from the NMH which I have finished link https://rise.articulate.com/share/zMU4l-dkONipTjMMY0z3HF8NRv5EPY3u#/lessons/c0lvwVVXQW-Z-hocpJ_7mL-k6EptKFzO. I found it really informative. I am going public in NMH.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Hey ladies!

Hope everyone is doing good. I am registered at NMH. I was supposed to attend antenatal classes that they organize but due to this lock down thing going on everything has been cancelled. I am FTM so are there any other options from where I can get antenatal classes as I am little nervous .

Thanks a ton in advance.

Rotunda website have loads of stuff up
    https://rotunda.ie/parent-education/

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Yellowmac

Hey ladies!

Thanks a ton in advance.

Rotunda have recorded their antenatal classes onto YouTube with the exact same content that they give in person. I posted previously about the order I attended the classes in person- see thread below. Best of luck!

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058066336/1/#post113009100

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Yellowmac

Hey ladies!

Thanks a ton in advance.

Rotunda have recorded their antenatal classes onto YouTube with the exact same content that they give in person. I posted previously about the order I attended the classes in person- see thread below. Best of luck!

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058066336/1/#post113009100

Hi all, just wondering how everyone is keeping? All is well here thank God. Getting a bit of acid reflux but hilarously on the button the same time as I got it in my last pregnancy. 27 weeks tomorrow and feeling good.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Hi all, just wondering how everyone is keeping? All is well here thank God. Getting a bit of acid reflux but hilarously on the button the same time as I got it in my last pregnancy. 27 weeks tomorrow and feeling good.

All good here too, thankfully. I saw my GP last week for my 24 week appointment. Got to hear the heartbeat again and everything else was fine so that was a relief.

At my anomaly scan the nurse said I had placenta previa. Has anyone else any experience with this? I've been googling my options for childbirth. I see my consultant again in 2 weeks so will of course discuss it then (nurse said placenta may move before I'm due anyway) but just wondering had anyone else had this before.

All good here too, thankfully. I saw my GP last week for my 24 week appointment. Got to hear the heartbeat again and everything else was fine so that was a relief.

At my anomaly scan the nurse said I had placenta previa. Has anyone else any experience with this? I've been googling my options for childbirth. I see my consultant again in 2 weeks so will of course discuss it then (nurse said placenta may move before I'm due anyway) but just wondering had anyone else had this before.

Plastic heart, glad all went well with your GP. It’s a lovely relief to just even hear the heartbeat I feel. I’ve been told my placenta is low lying at my anomaly. Not told it was full previa though, but have another scan at 32weeks followed by apt with consultant/midwife. And if it hasn’t moved a c section would be arranged due to risk of bleeding. Supposedly 90% move upward as womb grows so fingers crossed for both of us 🀞 I was told to take it easy, not to lift anything too heavy, and that i may bleed so not to be too worried if that did happen and to contact hospital if I do. Hope this helps!

Happy 27 weeks history Queen. They seem to be flying by now don’t they?! Starting to get my lists together and my god there’s a lot I need to get organising!

Gaviscon is my friend at the moment too :)

Has anyone bought anything yet?

Thanks for the info ahaaha. Yeah placenta may move on it's own but I am prepared (mentally anyway) for a section if needs be, just want whatever is safest for baby and me. I will find out more at my next appointment.

Haven't bought a thing History Queen! I would have thought by now I'd have picked up a few bits but for obvious reasons I haven't. I did order some hospital bag stuff from Boots online. We're getting a few big things from relatives who have had babies recently so need to coordinate that at some point. Is anyone else better organised? :D

Thanks for the info ahaaha. Yeah placenta may move on it's own but I am prepared (mentally anyway) for a section if needs be, just want whatever is safest for baby and me. I will find out more at my next appointment.

Haven't bought a thing History Queen! I would have thought by now I'd have picked up a few bits but for obvious reasons I haven't. I did order some hospital bag stuff from Boots online. We're getting a few big things from relatives who have had babies recently so need to coordinate that at some point. Is anyone else better organised? :D

I am not one bit organised :(
    Looked online for a few babygrows but m and s and next seem to be sold out :(

• Advertisement

I am not one bit organised :(
    Looked online for a few babygrows but m and s and next seem to be sold out :(

Oops sorry I said History Queen in my post but it was you, Millem I meant to reply to. Blame my baby brain!

Yeah I looked at Next and M&S a few days ago, nothing in stock. Fingers crossed they get more in the next few weeks.

Oops sorry I said History Queen in my post but it was you, Millem I meant to reply to. Blame my baby brain!

Yeah I looked at Next and M&S a few days ago, nothing in stock. Fingers crossed they get more in the next few weeks.

This baby girl will be dressed as a boy at this rate ;)
    I love next and m and s for baby clothes!
    I just wanted to get a few packs of girl ones in 0-1 month and 0-3 months and a few cardigans. May need to look elsewhere :( I wouldn’t mind next uk have stock but ie website doesn’t :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

This baby girl will be dressed as a boy at this rate ;)
    I love next and m and s for baby clothes!
    I just wanted to get a few packs of girl ones in 0-1 month and 0-3 months and a few cardigans. May need to look elsewhere :( I wouldn’t mind next uk have stock but ie website doesn’t :(

Everything for kids in next seemed to sell out instantly. I actually though their website must have been broken at first, because everything i was looking at was sold out. Name it are “social selling” through Facebook. Everything is 50%off and they’re posting it out. They have some vests and babygros etc. There’s great value to be had

jlm29 wrote: »
    Everything for kids in next seemed to sell out instantly. I actually though their website must have been broken at first, because everything i was looking at was sold out. Name it are “social selling” through Facebook. Everything is 50%off and they’re posting it out. They have some vests and babygros etc. There’s great value to be had

Oh brill. I don’t have Facebook! How do I buy them? I like their stuff.

Oh brill. I don’t have Facebook! How do I buy them? I like their stuff.

I don’t know really. I messaged them on FB. They got back to me from my local store but didn’t have what I wanted so passed my order over to the limerick shop who had plenty of everything it seemed

I don’t know really. I messaged them on FB. They got back to me from my local store but didn’t have what I wanted so passed my order over to the limerick shop who had plenty of everything it seemed

Ok so if I get my husband to message them? He has Facebook! How do you see their stuff?

Ok so if I get my husband to message them? He has Facebook! How do you see their stuff?

If you search the “name it crescent shopping centre” Facebook page, they’ve put lots of pics on their page of their stock with prices. Then message them to tell you what you’re looking for and they’ll phone you. I’m sure other branches have the same, but that’s who I dealt with and they were very efficient and seemed to have plenty stock

If you search the “name it crescent shopping centre” Facebook page, they’ve put lots of pics on their page of their stock with prices. Then message them to tell you what you’re looking for and they’ll phone you. I’m sure other branches have the same, but that’s who I dealt with and they were very efficient and seemed to have plenty stock

Brill I searched today...I looked yo their website too and took a few screenshots. I will message and them see! I just want babygrows and cardigans.

Brill I searched today...I looked yo their website too and took a few screenshots. I will message and them see! I just want babygrows and cardigans.

Dunnes have some nice babygrows and cardigans online, if you're stuck:)

• Advertisement

Dunnes have some nice babygrows and cardigans online, if you're stuck:)

No 0-3 months girls online :(

No 0-3 months girls online :(

Awh sorry. I never clicked into the sizing, just saw 0-18 months on the description so I presumed they'd have them. So annoying :(

I just checked Boots Mini Club and they have a couple of cardigans. One 0-3 months and another up to 9.9lbs. Hope you get sorted :)

Awh sorry. I never clicked into the sizing, just saw 0-18 months on the description so I presumed they'd have them. So annoying :(

I just checked Boots Mini Club and they have a couple of cardigans. One 0-3 months and another up to 9.9lbs. Hope you get sorted :)
    Thanks! I don’t think shops are opening till 10th August!!!!
    Will look up boots. I have loads of boy clothes from my sons so worst case scenario it will be grand!
    Just want to start ordering as a lot of my deliveries seem to be taking over a month to come!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Do you know anyone who knits .I am sure they would love to knit in this lockdown .I am knitting cardigans for four babies due in August and September and am delighted to have something to do .I have 8 knitted so far !!

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Do you know anyone who knits .I am sure they would love to knit in this lockdown .I am knitting cardigans for four babies due in August and September and am delighted to have something to do .I have 8 knitted so far !!

No, but great idea!

How is everyone doing? I haven't slept much the last few nights, baby seems to have settled into a routine where she kicks endlessly from 3am to 5am then starts up again at 7am!

I'd like to get a few bits for my hospital bag as things keep selling out. I know it's probably impossible to say but am I okay getting a few 0-3 months vests and baby grows to start off? I'd like to just finalise my hospital bag now and can get more or different sizes closer to my due date or after baby arrives if I have to.

• Advertisement

How is everyone doing? I haven't slept much the last few nights, baby seems to have settled into a routine where she kicks endlessly from 3am to 5am then starts up again at 7am!

I'd like to get a few bits for my hospital bag as things keep selling out. I know it's probably impossible to say but am I okay getting a few 0-3 months vests and baby grows to start off? I'd like to just finalise my hospital bag now and can get more or different sizes closer to my due date or after baby arrives if I have to.

0-3 are perfect. My little boy was 7lbs 12ozs and they fit him from day one :) It's such a pain that things are sold out online. I'm finding the same with bigger sizes. Got them on littlewoods in the end.

0-3 are perfect. My little boy was 7lbs 12ozs and they fit him from day one :) It's such a pain that things are sold out online. I'm finding the same with bigger sizes. Got them on littlewoods in the end.

Ah that's great. I was on Next last night and a lot of the small sizes are gone. I did manage to get some vests and a few baby grows though. At least I will have a couple of changes for the hospital and can sort other stuff later on.

Oh stop I have been having very strange dreams/nightmares and waking up!!!!
    Don’t worry getting anything beyond 0-3 months you will get loads of presents!!!

I feel I was very proactive today!! I started my hospital bag....bought 2 packs of undies!!!! Can’t find black towels but did see grey or dark blue in dunnes! I have bought pjs too and have one of those breastfeeding nighty things what I bought for giving birth in last time that I never got to wear!!!

I am packing a big suitcase tbh! I plan on staying my 3 nights covid or no covid!!!!
    I usually pack one of those hand luggage size ones and get husband to bring stuff in but hospital restrictions still in place till 10th August apparently! Not due till after but just in case will pack it.

Oh stop I have been having very strange dreams/nightmares and waking up!!!!
    Don’t worry getting anything beyond 0-3 months you will get loads of presents!!!

I feel I was very proactive today!! I started my hospital bag....bought 2 packs of undies!!!! Can’t find black towels but did see grey or dark blue in dunnes! I have bought pjs too and have one of those breastfeeding nighty things what I bought for giving birth in last time that I never got to wear!!!

I am packing a big suitcase tbh! I plan on staying my 3 nights covid or no covid!!!!
    I usually pack one of those hand luggage size ones and get husband to bring stuff in but hospital restrictions still in place till 10th August apparently! Not due till after but just in case will pack it.

I've had some bizarre dreams myself. One was that I was in hospital and gave birth to a puppy! Husband and I were delighted though, it was a very cute puppy. :D

Oh you've reminded me I need to get hospital bag stuff for myself. I have nearly all of my postpartum stuff I think (maternity pads, breast pads etc) but no undies, pj's or towels... Feels like the time is flying in now and I'm running out of time to get stuff!

Hi all! Awful sleeps here too...hips and legs ache app night, keep waking to turn and wee. and little one then decides to wake early the last mornings too. Movements can be quite sporadic and some days v quiet while others there’s constant action. That’s one thing I’m missing about not having my 28 week apt with hospital/GP. Would love some reassurance I suppose, I’m such a worrier.

Wrt clothes I’ve mainly received hand me downs from friends and family from newborn right up to 0-3 months. So have only really bought few things like vests, cardigans on next online. They’ve loads of stuff available if anyone’s stuck.

Next plan is travel system, few storage boxes/baskets, baby carrier, mattresses etc etc etc! I think I’ll give a trip to local baby store with my big list one of these days. Think they are open by appointment only but I think I need to actually see/lift/unfold travel system before I invest such a huge amount of money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement