Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

whiterebel wrote: »
    If its on the prohibited list they'll send it back if they find it.

Thank you! I think there has been movement on it and it wasn’t prohibited but I can’t be sure if it was that package or another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Quick question please.

Won a prize not realising it was for UK residents only (England / Scotland / Wales) so I don’t think I can use Parcel Motel which is a Northern Ireland address.

Is AddressPal the same or does it deliver to one of the above?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭seekers

PayPal delivers to a UK mainland address near London

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

PopTarts wrote: »
    Quick question please.

Won a prize not realising it was for UK residents only (England / Scotland / Wales) so I don’t think I can use Parcel Motel which is a Northern Ireland address.

Is AddressPal the same or does it deliver to one of the above?

Thanks

Yes the address they use is- Hatfield, Hertfordshire (England).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Yes the address they use is- Hatfield, Hertfordshire (England).

Thanks a million! That’s great. Hopefully they will send prize there.

I played on the uk site rather than the Irish one and actually won something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Ordered item on ebay from uk usin addreess pal home delivery. Item stuck in heathrow since sept 11th. Rang address pal twice on the matter. No updates after ringin twice. Anyone have anythin similar and if and how was it resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Ordered item on ebay from uk usin addreess pal home delivery. Item stuck in heathrow since sept 11th. Rang address pal twice on the matter. No updates after ringin twice. Anyone have anythin similar and if and how was it resolved?

bought a pc monitor on ebay last wednesday and got a text this morning to say its in my local PO for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

This happened to me before I ordered a server from the UK and as they would not post to northern Ireland for parcel motel so had to use Address pal. After 2 weeks of waiting there was no sign of the server. Rang address pal multiple times and they said they didnt have it.

Contacted the seller and they said it was delivered but they didn't have proof of delivery. Gave the seller another 2 weeks and the server still did not come and address pal said they didnt have it so opened a dispute and ordered another server this time was able to use parcel motel.

New server came and the next day i get a message from address Pal that they had an item for me which i knew was the first server since that was all i ever used address pal for. Checking the delivery date on the server over 5 weeks had past since the server was delivered to address pal and that whole time they said they didnt have it.

Was stuck with 2 servers all because of address pal. I would only advise you use it if you have no other opinions and dont mind waiting to get items. Parcel motel had the second server less than 24 hours before it was in the collection locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

grimeire wrote: »
    This happened to me before I ordered a server from the UK and as they would not post to northern Ireland for parcel motel so had to use Address pal. After 2 weeks of waiting there was no sign of the server. Rang address pal multiple times and they said they didnt have it.

Contacted the seller and they said it was delivered but they didn't have proof of delivery. Gave the seller another 2 weeks and the server still did not come and address pal said they didnt have it so opened a dispute and ordered another server this time was able to use parcel motel.

New server came and the next day i get a message from address Pal that they had an item for me which i knew was the first server since that was all i ever used address pal for. Checking the delivery date on the server over 5 weeks had past since the server was delivered to address pal and that whole time they said they didnt have it.

Was stuck with 2 servers all because of address pal. I would only advise you use it if you have no other opinions and dont mind waiting to get items. Parcel motel had the second server less than 24 hours before it was in the collection locker.

Think ill do the same as u. Only use it as last resort sort of thing. Now in sayin that ive used their post office collection multiple times with no hassle.
    My order was 20euro to deliver from uk to my house, and address pal was 6.49 euro so opted for that for the savings.
    The item isnt even for me its for someone else which makes it worse as theyve already paid me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Bought some laptop components from the UK on Thursday (the 17th)- ready for collection in the Post Office right now (23rd). I can't argue with their service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I've used them twice - once from the US and once from the UK. Normally I use Parcel Motel but some UK retailers want a premium for posting to NI. The service was OK but I now realise that every packet is opened in the US and you won't escape customs and vat. I prefer to use a forwarding agency like Shipito and if you can use USPS you might at least get away with no customs charges.
    The UK address however offers more generous dimensions on the packet compared to PM. Who knows how all this will play out in January - I don't think the Government can start charging duties on UK packages or there will be blue murder. :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

recipio wrote: »
    I've used them twice - once from the US and once from the UK. Normally I use Parcel Motel but some UK retailers want a premium for posting to NI. The service was OK but I now realise that every packet is opened in the US and you won't escape customs and vat. I prefer to use a forwarding agency like Shipito and if you can use USPS you might at least get away with no customs charges.
    The UK address however offers more generous dimensions on the packet compared to PM. Who knows how all this will play out in January - I don't think the Government can start charging duties on UK packages or there will be blue murder. :eek:

You might want to have a look at the forum charter. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

No matter how many times I tell Ebay sellers to include the exact (Addresspal) address provided, I keep getting sellers who STILL leave the AP code out because they don't consider it to be part of the address. This doesn't happen to me with the US AP code, which is shorter or with Parcel Motel's PMID. The UK AP code is just too damn long, it seems. Then Addresspal send me an email saying please use your full name and AP number. Maybe I should try putting it in the middle of the address for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Rewired wrote: »
    No matter how many times I tell Ebay sellers to include the exact (Addresspal) address provided, I keep getting sellers who STILL leave the AP code out because they don't consider it to be part of the address. This doesn't happen to me with the US AP code, which is shorter or with Parcel Motel's PMID. The UK AP code is just too damn long, it seems. Then Addresspal send me an email saying please use your full name and AP number. Maybe I should try putting it in the middle of the address for a change.

ebay operates tight policy where address on paypal invoice has to be 100% correct, doesnt matter what it says label should include all the details. if someone considers to opt it out you can easily raise dispute with paypal if it causes you any loss or damages etc.

that said as someone who sells sometimes on ebay myself i have turned out few people over the years with dodgy addresses, that simply didnt look right to me in format etc, so would cancel sale over some crap, not being picky or anything but usually feedback of buyer/seller reflects are they ok, as some with under 10-20 rep in total arent worth hassle and headache, as ebay policy is 99% times always guaranteed to protect buyer, even if they are wrong.

that said using PW for years and never had issues with sellers tampering with address field as even PW address is usually name and then jumps to pw id and dpd depo address, which anyone who arent familiar would consider a bit dodgy, then again think awareness is around that people use couriers to get items, as it saves sellers and buyers money at the end of day, or should rather say in UK tracking costs only fraction what it does here, so theres a lot less risk when selling that item wouldnt show up as delivered or signed specially within uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

DriveSkill wrote: »
    Did you get anywhere with this ? I got to a dead-end with my attempts locating mine which apparently was delivered to them on June 29th but they refuse to accept it ever arrived, so I've given up. Part of me still thinks it might be sitting in a corner somewhere and they just didnt find it yet and some day I might get a surprise message!

So over 2 months since I was last in contact with AP I got a txt last Friday (Sept 25th) to say there is a possible package for me but was missing my AP. So great I think finally - they have finally found my package from last June! I hadnt used them since. I emailed them back that day quoting the reference from the txt and ...... nothing...zero further contact. I decided to ring on Wed to check and of course as before while the guy I was speaking to was nice and polite he could provide zero info, the reference number I had seemed to mean nothing to him - it was more of the same "let me take your details and I can open a request to the warehouse" Couple of hours later I got an email to say they had checked my local post office and there was no parcel waiting for me :confused::confused::confused: It was never supposed to go to the post office! Really shambles of a customer service!

So I dont know now whether the parcel they found is my one or not! Anyone who got one of these txts before and if it turned out NOT to be for you did you get any followup to tell you so or are you just left in the dark ?

to be honest i,ve never had trouble using addresspal,but maybe im one of the lucky ones to have avoided delay missing parcels etc

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Has anyone had part of a package go missing?

I ordered a few small items (faceplate for lutron pico audio remotes) and mounting plates through home depot. It finally arrived today and half the items are missing. It was opened by addresspal and also by customs in Dublin. Even though the faceplate are just plastic surrounds, they would come under electrical accessories in home depot. Might they have been confiscated because not CE marked? No response from customs or addresspal yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

I have used AddressPal today for just the 2nd time.

Back in July I had a package delivered from the UK which was within the required size dimensions and under the required weight of 20kg.

The package was delivered to my local post office the following week and I colected it without any problems.

I thought it was a really handy service and was pleased with the results. This week I re-ordered the exact same package from the exact same supplier. However, instead of it been delivered to my local post office again, I have just got an email informing me that the package will be delivered to my home and my card has been charged €13.49

I used the same address and number as the last time so I can't see why this would be the case. I have emailed them but I have got no response yet and I have been trying to phone them but they dont answer.

I will not be able to wait in for the package as I will be working (That was my reason for using the service in the first place).

I am not exactly filled with confidence in this service, since it is just the 2nd time using it and already they have screwed up. :confused:

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Is your AP number the long or short one? The short one is used for home delivery (from the UK/US), the longer one for PO delivery from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Spocker wrote: »
    Is your AP number the long or short one? The short one is used for home delivery (from the UK/US), the longer one for PO delivery from the UK.

I'd say so as I got caught out like that and the daughter ordered about 8 different items!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Lazy Bhoy wrote: »
    I have used AddressPal today for just the 2nd time.

Back in July I had a package delivered from the UK which was within the required size dimensions and under the required weight of 20kg.

I am not exactly filled with confidence in this service, since it is just the 2nd time using it and already they have screwed up. :confused:

Are you sure the supplier used the same sized packaging.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Are you sure the supplier used the same sized packaging.

I have not received the package yet so I can't say, but I dont see why they would need a bigger package than the previous delivery for the exact same item.

It is possible that they used a bigger box, although they would have no reason to as there was plenty of room to spare in the previous box which was under the recommended size.

No, I definitly used the correct address.

The only address that the other company have registered for me is the long address for the AP Post office collection. I never even registered the shorter home delivery address with them because I never planned to use it.

It would mean that I would have to take a day off work just to wait in for a package.

Is there any alternative service that uses an actual UK mainland address?

I know DPD have one but I think that is a Northern Ireland address which is often not much difference price wise to having items sent from the UK mainland to here.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

AddressPal is the only one with a mainland UK delivery address, both DPD (Parcel Wizard) and Nightline (Parcel Motel) have NI addresses, which some sellers won't ship to for free. I use DPD over Nightline as there is no locker near me and DPD deliver to the door

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

AddressPal is the only one with a mainland UK delivery address, both DPD (Parcel Wizard) and Nightline (Parcel Motel) have NI addresses, which some sellers won't ship to for free. I use DPD over Nightline as there is no locker near me and DPD deliver to the door

The lockers are very handy if a bit small. I'm in a certain midlands town where we had lockers for about a year before PM took them away again :eek: Its not as if they don't do a lot of business - I have to collect parcels in an adjacent service station and I can see 30 -40 parcels awaiting collection every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭seekers

recipio wrote: »
    The lockers are very handy if a bit small. I'm in a certain midlands town where we had lockers for about a year before PM took them away again :eek: Its not as if they don't do a lot of business - I have to collect parcels in an adjacent service station and I can see 30 -40 parcels awaiting collection every time.

Might be an issue with planning permission too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Lazy Bhoy wrote: »
    No, I definitly used the correct address.

The only address that the other company have registered for me is the long address for the AP Post office collection. I never even registered the shorter home delivery address with them because I never planned to use it.

It would mean that I would have to take a day off work just to wait in for a package.

Maybe the package this time was over their dimensions guidelines and €25 would be charged for AP delivery where as APW delivery was cheaper option iniated by address pal staff,the weight of it obviously not a problem....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

I had an expensive items delivered to addresspal this morning at 9am from parcelforce according to their tracking. However no sign of it on address pal as having been received. Is this normal and can it take some time for it to show on their site?

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »
    I had an expensive items delivered to addresspal this morning at 9am from parcelforce according to their tracking. However no sign of it on address pal as having been received. Is this normal and can it take some time for it to show on their site?

normal yes.

Advertisement