Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Callaway Preowned website - anyone used Parcel Motel etc?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Ya eBay from uk has become a problem now with the customs really wiping out a lot of the value that was to be found previously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭coillcam

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice...that's interesting that they do non callaway also....does it represent good value though when you factor in customs? I used to use 3balls.com for a while and the prices seemed pretty good until you get the dreaded fedex letter with a bill for the duty which includes 16 quid for them to process it.....used to use ebay quite a bit but with brexit, that's not really a runner, unless anyone knows any loopholes....

It's not too difficult to figure out the costs tbh. Let's say you buy a driver for $200 inc shipping to AddressPal. Let's do a back of envelope total using an online duty calculator: https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/
    • Club plus shipping to addresspal €168.00
    • AddressPal Shipping to Ireland €15.99
    • AnPost Customs handling fee €3.50
    • Approximate duty/tax €45.00
    • Total €232.49

Also just to add if you buy something on Ebay.com they will use the global shipping program when you ship something directly to Ireland. You can pay the charges through ebay at the point of purchase and this should be your total price.

On the Callaway pre-owned site, you can ship direct to Ireland (faster than AddressPal) but you will pay more for shipping, more for their customs handling fee and then whatever is due on top.

I spent $250 (€209) on 3x clubs. In the end it cost me €237 total (after addresspal and customs). I was expecting to pay about another €30-40 on customs.

In Ireland I'd be looking at a brand new wedge (€149 rrp), nearly new driving iron (easily €120+) and nearly new Mizuno wedge (€80+). Even with the full customs charges I'm still winning. That said not all clubs from Callaway pre-owned will represent good value. I think I got a bargain and the low customs fee was a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jimbee

coillcam wrote: »
    It's not too difficult to figure out the costs tbh. Let's say you buy a driver for $200 inc shipping to AddressPal. Let's do a back of envelope total using an online duty calculator: https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/
    • Club plus shipping to addresspal €168.00
    • AddressPal Shipping to Ireland €15.99
    • AnPost Customs handling fee €3.50
    • Approximate duty/tax €45.00
    • Total €232.49

If its below €150 euro total you don't pay duty as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Jimbee wrote: »

Are you sure? I thought the total was something way lower but not definite

Jimbee wrote: »

Yes but you still have to pay VAT. Above €150 it's duty + VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

coillcam wrote: »
    Yes but you still have to pay VAT. Above €150 it's duty + VAT.

Correct....plus in my experience what I was finding was that the vat would be based on the value before any discounts so I’d pick up a club with say 20% off but then between the vat and the extortionate processing charges, the customs bill would be near enough half the initial outlay so got a bit p’ed off with that....

Advertisement