Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts from 14 years ago showing up on 1st page again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

This is a big issue. Can't constantly be pressing refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

Brego888 wrote: »
    Having the same problem too. Cache clear does nothing. Making the site unusable at present.

Same with me. It’s driving me crazy

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Morning all,

I've merged two threads relating to this ongoing issue. We understand that it's frustrating and apologise for the disruption. It seems to be getting worse in recent days (previously a refresh - or two - would rectify it), as I'm seeing reports that it's taking multiple refreshes on most visits to a forum page.

The devs are aware of this issue and working to get to the bottom of it, but I'm afraid I don't have a timescale as to when a fix will be rolled out. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭This is it

Cheers Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Morning all,

I've merged two threads relating to this ongoing issue. We understand that it's frustrating and apologise for the disruption. It seems to be getting worse in recent days (previously a refresh - or two - would rectify it), as I'm seeing reports that it's taking multiple refreshes on most visits to a forum page.

The devs are aware of this issue and working to get to the bottom of it, but I'm afraid I don't have a timescale as to when a fix will be rolled out. Sorry about that.
    Its not the first time this issue has occurred Mark. Been a while but can't remember when. The site is getting unusable at this stage. Refreshing half a dozen times for every page isn't working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

I regularly use the watch and motoring forums and lately when I click into a topic I see posts from 10 years ago while the latest posts are not shown.
    Any idea what could be wrong?
    Many thanks
    Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Deub

I have the same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 28,707 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I thought it was just me :)

Still happening though on the touch site (chrome 81.0.4044.111 Android 10) and agree with the above that it makes things practically unusable with every forum requiring at least 2 page refreshes to sort out the order.

Any updates from the office? This should be right up the priority list as it's effectively breaking the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Same here.

Below is a screenshot. Refreshes or navigating to page 2 and back to page 1 resolves the issue.

This is page 1 of the forum. You can see the page in the screenshot but the threads are 14 years old.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I've just merged some posts from a new thread into this one.

Apologies guys, as Mark said previously this is a known issue which the devs are looking into but we can't say when it will be fixed just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Same here, many refreshes needed to show stuff properly - only effects touch site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Another bug around this now, even when recent threads come up, clicking into last post it "kicks" you back to the main page with the old threads showing..

Example, soccer forum>last post United thread>soccer forum.

Using the touch site, Firefox, Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

How to refresh a page 12 times today to get a current page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭py

Happening multiple times a day now. If it's not that, it's the 404s that are prevalent on the touch UI too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Seems to be fixed for now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Trying to access pages last night and today and when searching or scrolling subsequent pages only posts from years ago coming up .
    Is this a general problem or is it me?
    I have no technical problems otherwise with this device.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭This is it

Seems to be happening less now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement