Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Didn't play 19 so don't think I'll be able to access the web app until I've got the game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Didn't play 19 so don't think I'll be able to access the web app until I've got the game :(

Did you get Ea Access? You could buy that Thursday and then use the web app till the full game is out.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Did you get Ea Access? You could buy that Thursday and then use the web app till the full game is out.

Yeah I got Access so I'll be able to do it once that's up and running. Annoyingly the PS4 doesn't let you pre-load FIFA yet so I'm gonna have to wait until Access is available to even start downloading the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sometimes you need to play a certain number of games before you can use the web app fully.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hopefully the Web App drops tonight.

Usually its 6pm on the day

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Usually its 6pm on the day

It hasn't been the last few years has it? They've often released it at different times to avoid heavy traffic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Few sites I have read online say its usually 6pm in the UK so going off those.

Icon releases getting reworked...

=======

Hi FIFA fans,

I’m Yahsir Qureshi, Live Producer on FIFA Ultimate Team.

I'm here to take you through one particular aspect of our Live Content Plans for FUT 20, ICONs.

Since the introduction of ICONs in FUT 18, we’ve seen how incredibly popular and engaging they have been throughout FIFA Ultimate Team.

Our goals for ICONs in FUT 20 were crafted as a result of listening to community feedback, monitoring game health, and some of the new FUT 20 features. With those considerations, we set 3 goals:

To communicate as clearly as we can about ICONs in FUT 20.

To encourage greater variety in squad building throughout FUT 20.

To improve the accessibility and availability of ICONs throughout FUT 20.

With that said, let’s get into how ICONs will be implemented in FUT 20 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC.

ICON Versions in FUT 20

One of the key goals we have with ICONs in FUT 20 is to communicate as clearly as we can to allow players to plan their FUT journey. With that said, we know you want more information about the different ICON versions and when they will be available. In short, there will be 4 unique versions for each of the 89 ICONs in FUT 20 that will each be available during certain periods throughout the year.

https://media.contentapi.ea.com/content/dam/ea/fifa/fifa-20/inbox/icon-timeline.jpg.adapt.1456w.jpg

Base: This version often (but not always) reflects a time in the player’s career when they were still developing and had not yet reached their full potential.

This version will be available in packs from the start of the EA & Origin Access Trial until mid-December 2019 only.

Select Base ICONs will be available in FUT Draft during this same period.

Mid: This version often (but not always) reflects an ICON later in their career when they had to adapt their playstyle to stay near the top of their game.

This version will be available in packs from the start of the EA & Origin Access Trial until mid-February 2020 only.

Select Mid ICONs will be available in FUT Draft during this same period.

Prime: This version often (but not always) reflects an era of an ICON’s career where they were consistently at the height of their skills and abilities.

This version will be available in packs from mid-December 2019 until the end of FUT 20.

Select Prime ICONs will be available in FUT Draft during this same period.

Moment: Whereas Base, Mid and Prime versions tell the stories of an ICON’s career, this version focuses on a truly memorable, historic performance in an ICON’s career that elevated them to one of the all time greats.

This version will be introduced into packs throughout February 2020 until the end of FUT 20.

This is the highest-rated version of an ICON in FUT 20.

All FUT 20 ICONs will receive a Moment item.

As an ICON can have many moments throughout their storied career, their previously released Moment version in FUT 19 won’t necessarily be the same version released in FUT 20.

Select Moments ICONs will be available in FUT Draft during this same period.

With this release of the different ICON versions in and out of packs throughout FUT 20, we have sought to not only encourage greater variety in squad building throughout FUT 20 but also ensure that there is greater availability of Prime and Moments versions of ICONs on the transfer market once they are released in packs.

ICON and SBCs

Another goal we have in FUT 20 is to make ICONs more accessible to as wide a group of FUT players as possible.

Since FUT 18, we released Individual ICON SBCs that required ICONs to complete. We used ICON requirements in order to keep SBC requirements from being overly lengthy and also to help alleviate other pinch points in the market. However, what we saw was that many ICONs (especially Base ICONs) were being viewed and valued more as tools to complete SBCs rather than as players in your squad. That was not the experience we wanted to create.

Turning our attention to Individual and Player Pick ICON SBCs, there were significant challenges. Throughout the cycle, many of the top ICONs, as well as the ICON SBC requirements, fluctuated considerably in Transfer Market Price. When combined with the goal of allowing players to build towards these ICONs over an extended period, this added considerable difficulties. This made it difficult to design Individual ICON SBCs to be consistent with Transfer Market prices and other Player SBC releases, highly complicated.

As such, given the goals we set out to achieve for ICONs and the new features in FUT this year, we have revisited how ICONs will be used in SBCs in FUT 20 to create a more balanced system for a wider spectrum of players:

ICONs will not be used as requirements in SBCs.

As an additional measure, the minimum quick sell price of an ICON will be lowered from 102,000 FUT Coins to 63,750 FUT Coins.

Specific Guaranteed ICON Pack SBCs will continue to be released throughout FUT 20.

These Guaranteed ICON Pack SBCs will give players the opportunity to earn the specified version of any ICON.

There will be no Individual or Player Pick ICON SBCs released in FUT 20.

We will be replacing Individual ICON SBCs with a brand new ICON Swaps program detailed below.

ICON Swaps in FUT 20

Alongside being able to purchase ICONs on the Transfer Market or finding them in Packs, in FUT 20 we are introducing ICON Swaps, a new way to allow players to unlock select ICONs in exchange for Player Tokens which can be earned by completing objectives you exchange. Simply put:

Complete Player Token Objectives.

Receive Player Tokens.

Redeem for ICON Rewards available in a Swaps release.

There will be 3 ICON Swaps released throughout the year.

Each ICON Swaps release will contain at least 20 individual ICONs (Untradeable).

Player Tokens can also be redeemed for select Guaranteed ICON

Packs during each Swaps release.

Each ICON Swaps release will contain a range of ICON versions.

If an ICON has already been released in an ICON Swaps Release, it will not have any other versions released in a Future ICON Swaps Release.

ICON Swaps objectives will reflect the rewards on offer.

Each ICON Swaps release will have a unique set of Player Tokens tied to it.

Each Individual ICON in an ICON Swaps will require a certain number of Player Tokens in order to redeem.

Each Player Token can only be redeemed in that specific ICON Swaps release and does not roll over to the next ICON Swaps release.

The Player Tokens will be released over the duration of each ICON Swaps release.

Similar to FUT Swap Deals, you will need to choose which ICONs you want to unlock based on how many Player Tokens you have earned.

ICON Swaps 1 will be released October 11th, 2019 and will run to December. ICON Swaps 1 also allows you to earn select Prime ICON players before they go into packs. It will feature the following ICONs with their specific version detailed in the image below:

https://media.contentapi.ea.com/content/dam/ea/fifa/fifa-20/inbox/fut20-iconsswaps-layout-1.png.adapt.1456w.png

Information regarding ICON Swaps 2 and 3 will be announced later in the year.

This is just one part of what we have planned for FUT 20. We’re excited for players to experience this and are looking forward to sharing more throughout FUT 20. As ever, we will continue to listen to feedback to help improve the experience where we can for all players.

Yahsir Qureshi and the FUT Live Content Team

Axwell wrote: »
    Few sites I have read online say its usually 6pm in the UK so going off those.

Definitely hasn't the the last two years anyways, IMO they'll release it during the Champions league games either tonight or tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Not sure I like the new icon format.

89 Gerrard being in the first icon swap means the only opertunity to get his prime will be by buying him off the market, which will be even more expensive than previous years since he'll have no sbc.

I liked deciding what my next icon would be and building up my stock of high rated players but now I have to stockpile coins or wait for the next icon swap post Christmas and hope who I want is there.

There's also the issue of what the challenges will be because if they're too hard that's obviously a problem but if they're too easy then everyone will have at least
    two meta icons by december like butragueno and baby ferdinand.

Of course if they kept it the same they'd have the same problems with baby icons becoming expensive sbc tokens although I'm not sure how taking them out of packs is meant to make them cheaper and more accessible.

• Advertisement

Not sure how I feel about that Icon set up, don't see any benefit to removing Base and Mid Icons from packs.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Not sure I like the new icon format.

89 Gerrard being in the first icon swap means the only opertunity to get his prime will be by buying him off the market, which will be even more expensive than previous years since he'll have no sbc.

Yeah really don't like that they seemingly just randomly decide what version of each Icon gets to be part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Switching over to xbox from ps this year is gonna screw me with the Web app

Yeah really don't like that they seemingly just randomly decide what version of each Icon gets to be part of it.

Yeah that plus them saying that the base/middle/prime random icon sbc will be the only icon sbcs feels like pack luck matters more than ever.

Also they say there'll be 3 batches of at least 20 Icons each, so around 60 Icons in total, which leaves out up to 29 Icons entirely. What are the odds that none of Ronaldo, Pele, Maradona, Gullit, etc are included in this at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hmmm first impressions of this new icon system is I don’t like it.
    It will make it harder to get specific icons, particularly the high end ones like R9, gullit.
    As if they’re in the same batch you won’t be able to get both and they might only be the baby or mid version meaning the only way to get a prime R9 is off the transfer market and similar with moments.
    It also makes the random icon sbc’s so much more of a lottery, before you could do the random icon sbc’s and if the player didn’t fit your team you knew you could submit him into a specific icon sbc.
    These objectives tokens could be an absolute grind but hopefully they’ll be available for longer time periods than the weekly objectives that we got for futswap last year, like it’d be a pity if you were on hols and a token came out and was gone 6 days later.
    Not sure why the needed to meddle with the fifa18 model for icons, well of course I do, money!!! They’ve took the crafting element out of icons and while the more casual player will be able to reach some of the lower end icons more easily, the people who want the big icons will need to pay (or trade very heavily)

I was thinking of trying to avoid depending on icons anyway, and this helps.

But I’ll miss having the ability to slowly tick away at icons, especially with untradeables from weekend league. You’ll still be getting SBC fodder, but now have less SBCs to do.

Mind, will probably focus me more towards the likes of the POtM SBCs.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I was thinking of trying to avoid depending on icons anyway, and this helps.

But I’ll miss having the ability to slowly tick away at icons, especially with untradeables from weekend league. You’ll still be getting SBC fodder, but now have less SBCs to do.

Mind, will probably focus me more towards the likes of the POtM SBCs.

Yeah like obviously there will still be sbc’s that we’ll want to complete but nowhere near the amount or the quality of player you’d get from icons, it’ll make taking untradeable rewards a bit less desirable and keeping higher rated untradeables in general from objectives etc a bit less desirable.
    But sure we’ll see how it goes, could make it a bit more casual for me which wouldn’t be bad.

One thing that I'd like is if the month before tots they released an icon upgrade where you could swap your current one for a prime icon moment. Have it set up so that if you have the prime version there's only one part in the sbc, the middle two parts in the sbc etc.

That way you reward the people for getting the icon swaps but leave the upgrade path open so that the early icons aren't pointless by may.

I also saw some pictures of the non-icon battle pass structure on the fifa reddit. Seems like the reward for the first month is a choice between 85 Zaha, 85 Tolisso and one other player. Seems good just hope the grind isn't insane to get them since they're the last reward.

One thing that I'd like is if the month before tots they released an icon upgrade where you could swap your current one for a prime icon moment. Have it set up so that if you have the prime version there's only one part in the sbc, the middle two parts in the sbc etc.

That way you reward the people for getting the icon swaps but leave the upgrade path open so that the early icons aren't pointless by may.

I also saw some pictures of the non-icon battle pass structure on the fifa reddit. Seems like the reward for the first month is a choice between 85 Zaha, 85 Tolisso and one other player. Seems good just hope the grind isn't insane to get them since they're the last reward.

That’d be a great idea on the icon upgrade. As it stands I think every sbc you do up until tots will be redundant then. Apart from icons, I didn’t use 1 sbc player I had pre tots after tots.
    But then because I had prepped all year for icons I had R9, gullit, Maldini and vieira in my team at start of tots, my team will probably be a lot weaker this year.

What’s the 85 zaha and tolisso for? Is it the new objectives thing we’re getting this year?

• Advertisement

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/d5ino9/1season_playerreward_85rated_zaha/

That's the one showing zaha and the reward layout. Seems like it's mostly
    stadium banners. I presume you get points for completing daily objectives.

There was a thread showing an 85 tolisso with face stats in the low/mid 80s and high 70s but it seems to be gone now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/d5ino9/1season_playerreward_85rated_zaha/

That's the one showing zaha and the reward layout. Seems like it's mostly
    stadium banners. I presume you get points for completing daily objectives.

There was a thread showing an 85 tolisso with face stats in the low/mid 80s and high 70s but it seems to be gone now.

Ah cool, I get it now, could be a very good system if it feels more like a reward than a grind.

This'll also be the first FUT where the only way to acquire the best version of an Icon will be through packs or purchase.

They keep referencing "community feedback" in these notes but if they actually cared about that they'd hear the majority of players saying the FUT 18 Icon system was fine, the only problem was that the Prime SBCs should have been released earlier.

Apparently there was a bug accessed through the demo that was allowing people to pre-load the PS4 version today, been cleared up in EU but still working in US. Frustrating that they won't just let us pre-load it now anyway, absolutely no reason not to.

Seems like the third season 1 reward option in additon to Zaha and tolisso is vasquez from real madrid:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/d5qiwm/85_lucas_vazquez_ingame_stats/

Here are tolisso's stats:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/d5pv2v/85_corentin_tolisso_ingame_stats/

I'd probably pick tolisso.

100% Tolisso.

Zaha will only be good if you're running a PL team. He's got near zero hybrid potental (as opposed to Tolisso, who has loads).

Vazquez has some options, so would be my second choice.

But the French player in the German league will just be so much more diverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is there something that explains these new seasonal rewards? They seem to have sprung up out of no where - though I didn't play much FUT 19. It seems like it you just get XP towards season rewards for playing and this is just more content (unrelated to div rivals)

Looking forward to the web app and diving back into FUT this year. The start of the game is always great when there aren't a million stupidity OP versions of every player.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Also they say there'll be 3 batches of at least 20 Icons each, so around 60 Icons in total, which leaves out up to 29 Icons entirely. What are the odds that none of Ronaldo, Pele, Maradona, Gullit, etc are included in this at all

At least 20 icons in each batch so it won't be just the bare 20, there could be 30 or more in a batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Is the FUT Web app out today?

• Advertisement

TOTW 1: https://i.redd.it/6y3t2z6iwbn31.jpg

(Neuer is the keeper)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement