Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANC Payment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭DJ98

Was told today that my payment will be delayed due to a commonage error, anyone any idea as to what this could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭White Clover

DJ98 wrote: »
    Was told today that my payment will be delayed due to a commonage error, anyone any idea as to what this could be?

Would the person who told you about the delay be best placed to say what the error is? Maybe ring again and ask ?

Would the person who told you about the delay be best placed to say what the error is? Maybe ring again and ask ?

She just said it's a commonage error and that they'd hmget back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Wasn't the switch to completely electronic applications supposed to sort this issue out?

It seems a bit of a cop out to me to say there is a massive backlog when the problem seems to be the manual sorting post application. That's a manpower issue and shouldn't be causing delays for payments.

That’s what I was told when I rang, I got a letter today and my application was selected for inspection by remote sensing, everything seems to be in order and cleared for payment. I was thinking as well how could a backlog be almost a month late with payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    That’s what I was told when I rang, I got a letter today and my application was selected for inspection by remote sensing, everything seems to be in order and cleared for payment. I was thinking as well how could a backlog be almost a month late with payment.
    Still no idea what's happening with mine. Only told there is a delay with my payment and no explanation why.

Good job they told me there was a delay because I only rang the helpline 8 or 9 times for a chat:rolleyes:

And there's a bit more clarity in the way the increase in ANC payments will be paid out, not final until the review is finished later in they year but I'd expect it to be along these lines anyway.
    In a mountain area, the maximum payment for 34ha would increase from €4,038 to around €4,640 – an increase of €600, or €1,150 since 2017.
    In a more severely handicapped area, the maximum payment for 40ha would be €3,350 for 2019. This would be an increase of about €230 compared with 2018 and an overall increase of €470 over 2017.
    In a less severely handicapped area, the top payment would rise to about €2,800, up from €2,647 this year – again for 30ha. This represents improvement of more than €150 on last year and €330 since 2017.
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/budget-2019-how-will-the-anc-boost-affect-payments-409835

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

And there's a bit more clarity in the way the increase in ANC payments will be paid out, not final until the review is finished later in they year but I'd expect it to be along these lines anyway.
    In a mountain area, the maximum payment for 34ha would increase from €4,038 to around €4,640 – an increase of €600, or €1,150 since 2017.
    In a more severely handicapped area, the maximum payment for 40ha would be €3,350 for 2019. This would be an increase of about €230 compared with 2018 and an overall increase of €470 over 2017.
    In a less severely handicapped area, the top payment would rise to about €2,800, up from €2,647 this year – again for 30ha. This represents improvement of more than €150 on last year and €330 since 2017.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/budget-2019-how-will-the-anc-boost-affect-payments-409835

I doubt they are increasing the area for more severly to 40 ha. That must be a misprint.

croot wrote: »
    I doubt they are increasing the area for more severly to 40 ha. That must be a misprint.
    No idea, croot, but the revision later in the year wouldn't be far from those figures I reckon.

If your anc payment is delayed, does that mean the bps payment will also be delayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,152 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

If your anc payment is delayed, does that mean the bps payment will also be delayed?

Normally

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

croot wrote: »

If the same distribution applied to this year's increase, the top rates would change as follows, according to an IFA calculation:

In a more severely handicapped area, the maximum payment for 30ha would be €3,350 for 2019. This would be an increase of about €230 compared with 2018 and an overall increase of €470 over 2017.
    The ANC scheme will also undergo significant change with the new delineation of eligible areas by the end of this year. This may affect the way additional funding is distributed.

• Advertisement

My BPS is showing up on Agfood but the ANC isn't:confused:

Back on the phone on Monday again:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Inspection?

Inspection?
    Had them and passed them all. If an inspection was holding payment up, surely the BPS would be held up too:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Not in my case anyway, my payment is showing on agfood now anc due tomorrow and sfp on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭woody84

Same as this. But I received a form saying I was claiming for land in an ANC area but i hadn't ticked the box on the BPS application because the guy in teagasc told me I wasn't eligible for it when i was making some map changes. Was adding some reclaimed land. So i ticked the ANC confirmation box on this form and sent it straight back. Can i expect an inspection before payment? Had a low flying plane pass over the land twice couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

woody84 wrote: »
    Same as this. But I received a form saying I was claiming for land in an ANC area but i hadn't ticked the box on the BPS application because the guy in teagasc told me I wasn't eligible for it when i was making some map changes. Was adding some reclaimed land. So i ticked the ANC confirmation box on this form and sent it straight back. Can i expect an inspection before payment? Had a low flying plane pass over the land twice couple of weeks ago.
    From memory Geological Survey Ireland have been conducting aerial surveys of Ireland since last year. That was probably the plane that you saw. ESB use helicopters to survey power lines.

DAFM use satellite imagery firstly and then follow up with physical/on the ground inspection.
    Here is a link from last year. It called the Tellus geoscience mapping program.
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/farmers-warned-about-low-flying-aircraft-which-may-startle-livestock/

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭woody84

Base price wrote: »
    From memory Geological Survey Ireland have been conducting aerial surveys of Ireland since last year. That was probably the plane that you saw. ESB use helicopters to survey power lines.

DAFM use satellite imagery firstly and then follow up with physical/on the ground inspection.
    Here is a link from last year. It called the Tellus geoscience mapping program.
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/farmers-warned-about-low-flying-aircraft-which-may-startle-livestock/

This was a dark grey/black plane but maybe totally unrelated. But it passed over one side of my land and came back over the other about 10 mins later

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

My BPS payment is up on Agfood for payment on 16th Oct.

Had them and passed them all. If an inspection was holding payment up, surely the BPS would be held up too:confused:

Rang this morning and the guy I was talking to was more clueless than me but said it should be passed and there was no reason for it not to be that he could see.

I got a letter in the post saying I had passed the remote sensing without any issues. First mention of remote sensing from the Dept. But this doesn't seem to show in the Dept files for some reason?

• Advertisement

My payment is down to be paid yesterday on agfood but have not received it yet, only appeared there yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

Down for payment 18/10/18.
    would someone be good enough to explain DPS payment thanks.

Attie wrote: »
    Down for payment 18/10/18.
    would someone be good enough to explain DPS payment thanks.

My understanding of dps is that its the bps payment

• Registered Users Posts: 29,152 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Direct payment maybe , dunno what the s is

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

I finally got my anc payment today, I had rang three times about it and got a story about having a double claim on forestry which was news to me as I don’t claim anc or bps on forestry, it seems I couldn’t do anything about the delay as they had to sort it themselves.
    I think they must be giving out bonuses to staff to delay payment as long as possible and get a bit of interest from our few quid😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Received today, spent today - happiness is a cleared (for now) co-op bill!

Payment is listed in agfood as being paid into bank but not showing in account yet, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

DJ98 wrote:
    Payment is listed in agfood as being paid into bank but not showing in account yet, any ideas?

Can differ a few days. Mine was out by 2

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭anthony500_1

DJ98 wrote:

Same here was showing up Monday only paid yesterday, hang tight it's on the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭roosky

where can i see is status on ag food?

Advertisement