Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Just had two brilliant demolition games. Got the Grim Reaper challenge in one and the Wargasm one in the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

My final game as 5th prestige ended with a Tactical Nuke on Rust. I was a happy bunny indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

My final game as 5th prestige ended with a Tactical Nuke on Rust. I was a happy bunny indeed!

Wow. Impressive. :cool:

Although I guess given the size of that map, if you manage to get to Chopper/Ac130, you'll pwn the opposition fairly quickly. They key was getting to 7 kills untouched I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

shawpower wrote: »
    Wow. Impressive. :cool:

Although I guess given the size of that map, if you manage to get to Chopper/Ac130, you'll pwn the opposition fairly quickly. They key was getting to 7 kills untouched I guess.

Used this setup:

TAR with noob tube
    RPG-7
    Scavenger Pro
    Danger Close Pro
    Ninja Pro

Getting to the 7th kill was fairly easy on Rust, you just have to watch your step and avoid ambushes from corners or guys on the upper most portion of the map.

Once the Harrier rolls in you're virtually guranteed a Chopper Gunner. Together with the sheer size of Rust and Danger Close Pro (Extra air support damage) it's over as soon as it begins, there's no escape. Most people don't seem to realize Chopper Gunner does area of effect damage, so all I have to do it shoot at the entrance of a container to kill somebody inside since the rounds are explosive, even moreso with Danger Close Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

My usual weapon is the ACR but I said I'd try some of the other weapons just for fun. I had been using the P90 on some maps such as Highrise and it was alright. But........... tonight I tried it Akimbo. Sooooo much fun. Completely awful if you're playing a team who are halfway decent but if the opposition isn't up to much then these are great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Got my first nuke the other night! Yay! And it was legit! And now I've just killed my first pair of boosters! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Got my first nuke the other night! Yay! And it was legit! And now I've just killed my first pair of boosters! :P

What mode were you playing in? I always play TDM and don't think I've ever come across boosters. Are they FFA only?

What mode were you playing in? I always play TDM and don't think I've ever come across boosters. Are they FFA only?
    TDM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Came across my first set of boosters last night, 26-0 0-26 on Wasteland but no nuke, go figure!

Cossax wrote: »
    Came across my first set of boosters last night, 26-0 0-26 on Wasteland but no nuke, go figure!
    The guy I killed was at 24-6. I don't know whether he went 0-6 before he started boosting but I like to think he did because that makes it sweeter, stopping him at a 24 killstreak. I got a torrent of French curses through the headset from my team mate who was helping him boost which made me laugh even more. They were in one of the houses in Wasteland.

Edit: Actually, after they left the game, I tried to follow them by going to their profile on "players met" but couldn't. Is it possible to follow people on a PS3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

TDM on Skidrow.

I get killed by a noobtube early on, normally i dont mind too much but this was a particularily annoying luck-shot. I note the guy's gamertag and make it my mission to take him down.

I find him, he just threw down a care package, i kill him, take his care package, he comes back trying to get it and i kill him again, it was a predator missile so i launch it, purely coincedental but i got him with the missile, he then quits.

Loved it.

I'm actually getting reasonably nifty with the noob tube on this prestige. Now I know the maps well, I can see where red dots are showing up, and launch a blind, mid-air shot and sometimes pick them off. I'm sure it really p1sses off the guys I hit, but I don't see a huge difference between throwing a grenade into an area blind, and launching the noob! :D

I had great fun last night in a TDM match, where I got a triple followed by a triple. It was on Quarry, and the first was from a noob into the area of C spawn in Domination, at the top of the metal walkway. That got me my Pred, which I got another triple with, around the C spawn area again. Loved it!!

shawpower wrote: »
    I'm actually getting reasonably nifty with the noob tube on this prestige. Now I know the maps well, I can see where red dots are showing up, and launch a blind, mid-air shot and sometimes pick them off. I'm sure it really p1sses off the guys I hit, but I don't see a huge difference between throwing a grenade into an area blind, and launching the noob! :D

I had great fun last night in a TDM match, where I got a triple followed by a triple. It was on Quarry, and the first was from a noob into the area of C spawn in Domination, at the top of the metal walkway. That got me my Pred, which I got another triple with, around the C spawn area again. Loved it!!
    The best feeling ever is if you fire a noob and 4 kills pops up. QUAD!!!:D

Wasteland is great for tubing if the other team try hold the underground cabin. It was there I got my quad. There were 4 of them underground and I had danger close. BOOM!

I love the fact that you posted in this thread and the bitch thread one after the other. Shows how much fun, yet frustrating this game can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Used this setup:

TAR with noob tube
    RPG-7
    Scavenger Pro
    Danger Close Pro
    Ninja Pro

Getting to the 7th kill was fairly easy on Rust, you just have to watch your step and avoid ambushes from corners or guys on the upper most portion of the map.

Once the Harrier rolls in you're virtually guranteed a Chopper Gunner. Together with the sheer size of Rust and Danger Close Pro (Extra air support damage) it's over as soon as it begins, there's no escape. Most people don't seem to realize Chopper Gunner does area of effect damage, so all I have to do it shoot at the entrance of a container to kill somebody inside since the rounds are explosive, even moreso with Danger Close Pro.

alot of skill involved there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Yessssss!!! I finally got my K/D ratio up to 1.00. I like to think I don't care about K/D ratio, but I feel very conscious about it if its below 1.00. I know its not brilliant, but for my gaming abilities its pretty good
    :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Mines staying at 1.36 the whole time.
    I think its a far better way to judge a players skill, some folks are on tenth prestige and act like noobs.... they have just been playing non stop, even if you suck if you play for long enough you'll level up.
    kd ratio says how good you are and how effective you are no matter how long you've been playing, in fact the longer you've been playing the more accurate the rating will be. I'm pretty sure at this stage its what their match making is based on, i have seen matches where level 1o first play has been in a match with 7th prestige? Only thing that could possibly link them is KD ratio. Makes sense from IW side also..."eh they may bitch in the start but we know the game has legs so the ratings and subsequent match making will get more accurate as time goes on"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭MurfyAthea

hightower1 wrote: »
    Mines staying at 1.36 the whole time.
    I think its a far better way to judge a players skill, some folks are on tenth prestige and act like noobs.... they have just been playing non stop, even if you suck if you play for long enough you'll level up.
    kd ratio says how good you are and how effective you are no matter how long you've been playing, in fact the longer you've been playing the more accurate the rating will be. I'm pretty sure at this stage its what their match making is based on, i have seen matches where level 1o first play has been in a match with 7th prestige? Only thing that could possibly link them is KD ratio. Makes sense from IW side also..."eh they may bitch in the start but we know the game has legs so the ratings and subsequent match making will get more accurate as time goes on"

Yeah i agree....i hadnt ne experience in past online gaming till xmas on dis!
    K/D = 1.06 or sumtin i no its bad but still like!

I started witching for the first time in this prestige yesterday (lvl 63, 1st prestige.). I realised I had the M9 unlocked so I started running around the small maps with it with no attachment, then FMJ, then silenced, then akimbo (got the tac knife in a single round of using this) and finally tac knifed (unlocked the extended mags in a single round of this as well.)

I now have one witch class with M9 tac knifed and the extended mags M9 with last stand in my sniper class. The M9 is such a fun gun. I'd recommend it over the Magnum anyday.

Yesterday was a good MW2 day, I learned how to use the M21 effectively (unlocked everything bar extended mags on it) and unlocked everything for the M9 in one day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Started using care packages again! They are awesome! :D Keep getting Pave Lows :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Just went 43-3 on Wasteland in Ground War. :D What makes it even better is the 2nd person on my team only got 14 kills. Makes it look all the moar better on top of the leaderboard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Just went 43-3 on Wasteland in Ground War. :D What makes it even better is the 2nd person on my team only got 14 kills. Makes it look all the moar better on top of the leaderboard!!

Just got my 2nd TDM nuke :D

Thats it now , not trying anymore its not good for the heart

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Had an awesome game earlier, got my first killstreak of 8, took out the entire other team in the hilltop house thingy level, all with knife kills, 7 of them just running about while they were all confused, and the 8th with a sweet knife throw as he was climbing over a fence, awesome :D Sometimes just legging it into a building where you know the other team is camped can reap huge rewards, also managed to get a sentry gun for that, stuck it at the top of the stairs and our team held the house until the end of the game, and I got the MVP for it, woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Congrats man, its a great rush alright to get a good streak going, my best was a 17 streak on highrise, I lmfao when the same guy kept running into me, good buzz though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Some of the maps I dont really like,wasteland is too empty and everyone just fights over the bunker part to the entire match usually consists of people lobbing in grenades, running in and either getting killed or taking it over, then repeat for the other team.

people bitch about snipers and witching but its a skill in itself, Im crap at sniping, tried it a few times and kept getting found. Fave levels are Terminal and Highrise, I had fun on highrise watching a guy jumping onto the girders then clabering onto the crane, watched him leg all the way to the end and go prone to snipe, shot him right in the head then lol:D Quarry is a good map but it takes a while to get used to all the paths around it, running around an empty map in a game you create for yourself is such a handy way of getting the layout of places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Im still **** and barely manage over a 6 killstreak but i still love this game haha

149 kills, 48 headshots. Oh, how I love the M21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Probably had my best game of domination to date , 49 kills 10 deaths and got the most points captured, earning me 5,300 gamescore , what made it even better was that there were some of my mates on the other team.
    I do enjoy this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alan_007_

Just used the spectator trick for booster hunting tonight.Crashed so many cheater parties:D.Booster hunting is the funnest(?) mode in the game. :D

• Advertisement

I got a kill with a flash bang! :D

Advertisement