Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards PES 2019 League - Season 5 Fixtures and Results

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

Group B

Nantes 3-1 Leicester

Nantes got off to a flyer with two early goals from Coulibaly and Roniger. Coulibaly I think then made it 3-0 just before half time. Leicester would get one back with 10 mins to go and had a few chances after that but nantes managed to hold on. Great game Meath!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Div A

Benfica 0-1 Sevilla

Mad game this, not sure how I lost it or at least didn’t score. Had a good few clear chances throughout the game, especially in first half. But just was hitting the post or going narrowly wide. One chance I think I hit the post, got the rebound and hit the post again.

After fluffing a few great opportunities ended up going 1-0 down and as the game wore on I think I tried forcing it too much as was annoyed at the misses. Could have conceded more too later in second half when went more attacking looking for the equaliser.

Gg Stryker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Division B

Betis 2 - 1 Villarreal

Good game - did well to hold on since I was down to 10 men for a while. If I had an attack with any pace I was scoring a 1-on-1 but sadly I got caught up on.

Div A

Benfica 3-2 West Ham

Another close game between these two sides and Benfica round off their campaign with a win. Gabriel opened the scoring on 14 mins and that was the score at the break but West Ham did have two decent chances to get a goal.

Arnoutivic got the equaliser on 60 mins but that seemed to rouse the Benfica players. Seferovic got the second on 69 and Krovinovic got the third on 73. Was looking safe then and I had a good spell towards the end of the game where I had a few decent opportunities to score again, but in the end it was Diop who pulled one back for West Ham in the first minute of injury time. Too late on to get the other they needed though.

Good game jipo

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Fulham 0-6 Torino
    Poor Fulham couldn't mix it with torino
    Found myself 1 nil down after 10mins having been given 3 or 4 chances to clear it I couldn't and was punished
    Torinos second came from a handling error by Fabri a whipped ball too hot to handle Berenguer on hand to finish
    No complaints other than my own bad start to the game in the end Torino showing why they are top of the league
    Plucky Fulham still hoping for a 4th spot while Torino go marching on
    Great game thegifted1dblin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Group A

Palace 4 - 8 Seville

Vidal scores to make it 1-0 after (13), McArthur gets it level after (20), Vidal again after (24) before Benteke makes it 2-2 after (35).

A quick brace by Zaha on (39,41) makes it 4-2 to Palace at HT. I think Pizzaburn was shell shocked and fired a rocket under his players at the break.

In the 2nd half, it was all one-way traffic as palace forgot how to defend just like they do in every game :D. It's most prob down to my attacking tactics and I should really try close out games instead of trying Kevin Keegan approach of we score more than you :D.

Silva (50), Ben Yedder (53, 71, 79) Navas (75) and Vidal also got his hat trick on (86).

gg Pizzaburn :)

I HATE THIS GAME :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Leicester 2 - 3 Betis
    Another loss for Leicester, disaster of a league campaign for me. Roll on next season

Palace 5 - 4 Fulham

This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill :).

After 9 defeats on the bounce, Palace somehow managed to steal this game at the death. Just like in our reverse fixture.

Both teams came out with the attitude of fcuk any defending :)
    Palace opened the scoring through Townsend after (10) and with plenty of chances for both teams it stayed that way until HT. Benteke put Palace 2 up after (50) and they looked to be comfortable and get their win. As with all Palace games they don’t do comfortable :).

Vietto got one back on (56) before Ayite made it 2-2 on (59). Benteke made it 3-2 on (63) before a double sub by Fulham changed things up.

Schurrle made the game 3-3 after (70) before Van Aanholt edged palace ahead once again on (74) for 4-3.

There were chances end to end when Mitrovic levelled the game at 4-4 on (85). Palace players looked stunned and went all out attack. Deep in injury time and the last kick of the game Benteke produced a bit of magic to break Fulham hearts on (90+5)

What a game.
    Thanks Ken.

One thing games are never boring when Palace are involved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Torino 7 Ajax 2
    Tough start for Ajax with Torino 3 nil up inside 10 mins, 4 nil at ht. The game itself was scrappy enough with lots of offside and last minute blocks or saves. Torino can still be caught by Coleman so nervous times for the run in.
    Good game potter

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭az1234

Group B
    Villarreal (az1234) 0 - 2 Porto (niallym)

Goals from Aboubakar and Adrian gave Porto a comfortable win. Not many chances for Villarreal but Casillas decided to try and punch the ball into his own goal from the penalty spot in the first half but unfortunately he just missed the post!

Well played Niall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Divison b

Wolves 1 - 1 Porto (niallym)

Scrappy game this with both teams nullifying each other. wolves took the lead but Porto would battle back and equalise. There wasn't really any clear chances after that and a draw was a fair result. Great game Bud !

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Group B

Porto 3-3 Nantes

See saw of a game here. Nantes went up after 14 minutes. Porto equalised on 38 when the Nantes keeper kicked in to his own net. Second half, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3. A gilt edged chance apiece for both sides to win it late on, but 3-3 at full time, a fair result in the end I reckon.
    Good game Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Boards League Knockout Stages

PES Champions Cup

IMG-20190302-150527.jpg

PES Shield

IMG-20190302-150450.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

Shield QF 1st leg

Palace 4 - 4 PSV

What a barnstormer of a match, both keepers were shocking and defending went out the window :D

Ramselaar opened the scoring for PSV on (9) before Zaha equalised for Palace on (43). They thought they were going into the dressing rooms level only for De Jong to edge PSV ahead once again on (45) and get PSV 2-1 up

Batshuayi got Palace back on even keel on (55) to make it 2-2, but just 6 minutes later Romero made it 3-2 to PSV on (61).

Chances both ends before De Jong made it 4-2 after (78). It looked to be curtains for Palace before they got a 2nd wind and 2 goals in 3 minutes Kouyate on (86) & Benteke on (89) levelled the game yet again.

PSV looked shellshocked and the game ended a draw.

GG Dan

Should be an interesting 2nd leg :)

Champions Cup First Leg

Benfica 1 - 3 Nantes

Bad scoreline for me given the way the game went. Started out with a goal from Jonas after 2 mins, and had most of the play first half with over 60 % posession and 4 shots to 0 in my favour.

Second half Nantes came into it more, and got the equaliser through Koulibaly on 60 mins. Was even enough then for most of the game but for some reason late on my defence decided to go walk about and I conceded twice, on 86 and 90 mins, wasn't even going attacking.

So not great in the end, but still all to play for in the second leg.

GG Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Sorry on my phone so report will be short!

Shield 2nd Leg

PSV 2-2 Crystal Palace

Game finished 2-2 but Palace go through as we tried a previous game which was abandoned due to really bad lag so I gave Palace a 2 goal start as he was winning the game at the time.

Another fantastic game with next to nothing between the sides. PSV took the lead but Palace bounced back with a quick equaliser and took the lead early in the 2nd half. PSV huffed and puffed and finally pulled a goal back late in the game to earn the draw. De Jong missed an absolute sitter from about 5 yards out while another effort somehow managed to be cleared off the line. Well played and good luck in the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Ajax 0 - 8 Wolves

No need for a second leg

I'm also announcing my retirement from the league, no point getting so far just to get my arse handed to me two years in a row

First leg
    Torino 6 real bettis 4
    Torino 2 up after 8mins. David lashed on the pressure and it was 4 2 at ht. Missed chances at both ends but Torino snuck it 6 4 at the end.
    Second leg
    Real bettis 2 Torino 2
    A very tough game with David bashing the Torino defence. A final kick in the but A for bettis at the end when through 1 on 1 after ripping the defence apart they hit the post. I'm knackered after that
    Good game david

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Villareal advance

West Ham 1 - 2 Villareal

Myself and AZ had played leg 1 on Sunday where he won 4-0, however it was marred by lag, so AZ without me asking no fly offered to scrap the result and go again mid week. However I only had time for 1 game, so decided on a winner takes all with this game.

West Ham went ahead early in this game through some good pressure, Arnie managing to evade a few tackles and poke into the bottom corner.
    The horrible happened then, villareal pounced on a mistake in defence and punished West Ham with a tidy finish, I believe we went into half time at 1-1.
    2nd half felt like I had a different team, everybody was so slow and always 2nd to the ball, not sure if it was down to AZ waking up or not, but he went 2-1 up early on in 2nd half, the rest of the game was 50/50 West Ham had a few scrappy chances near the end.

Well won fella, deserved anyway after the 1st game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

Quarter final 2nd leg

Nantes 2-2 Benfica

A great game this, filled with tension throughout. Benfica knew they had to come out of the blocks flying going into this with a 2 goal deficit, but It was Nantes who almost finished the tie in the first few minutes with a great chance for Coulibaly going wide. The game quickly settled into a rhythm where Benfica were having more ball and Nantes were looking to protect their lead and counter.

As this wore on Benfica got the goal their efforts deserved with a fine header from Jonas. The tie was now 3-2 overall and Benfica were rightly up for it now. First half ended 1-0 with Benfica not wanting half time to come, but they managed to make it 2-0 on the night shortly after halftime through another fine header, this time from Conti. Tie level at 3-3 and Nantes were most certainly shaking in their boots.

From kick off however, Nantes went straight up the pitch and made it 2-1 in the match and got their lead back. Coulibaly finishing well after some nice passes. Benfica then threw caution to the wind in search of the equaliser but were caught out again by Coulibaly after a mad Diego Carlos through ball put the big man clean through to slot home for 2-2. It finished like that and ended 5-3 to Nantes on aggregate. Great games Osh!

Quarter finals shield
    First leg
    Leicester 0-0 Fulham
    About as entertaining a nil all as you'll get a very evenly match game both sides having chances to score but none taken
    Leicesters pace was worrying at times in the second half when Fulham were gassing but thankfully Jamie Vardy was not having a party

Second leg
    Fulham 2-1 Leicester
    Leicester started where they left off at full throttle and we're rewarding with a 1 goal led at half time , we're both pretty sure the ball only went out of play once if even in this half intense pace
    Fulham went for it second half and got their equaliser 70mins in and that same fella kebano would snatch it at the end but not before Leicester had one last push
    Great games Meath harsh in the end really didn't feel like I deserved a win or you deserved to lose
    Very enjoyable see you next season

Champions Cup Quarter Final

First Leg

Porto (niallym) 1-1 Fiorentina (Colemaniser)

Tough first leg here. Chiesa opened the scoring with a header and Fiorentina failed to extend their lead after missing numerous chances.

Tiquinho would grab a late equaliser for Porto with a lob over the stranded Lafont.

Second Leg

Fiorentina 3-2 Porto

Another tough game once again. Simeone opened the scoring after a defensive mix up. Aboubakar equalised with a header before Chiesa put Fiorentina ahead once again. Some calamitous defending but a tidy finish from Tiquinho levelled the tie once again. Just entering injury time, a lobbed through ball over the defence somehow missed the last defender and Simeone buried the winner into the top corner.

Great games Niall

Boards League Knockout Stages

PES Champions Cup

IMG-20190310-084727.jpg

PES Shield

IMG-20190310-084755.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Sevilla v Bournemouth in the shield

2-0
    1-1

Sevilla win 3-1 on agg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Torino 4 - 2 Nantes
    Nantes 0 - 0 Torino

• Advertisement

Shield SF

Palace vs Seville

1st leg - Palace 4 -3 Seville.

Forgot to get the scorers but the game was end to end and I managed to squeak out a win late on.

2nd leg - Seville 3 - 3 Palace.

Palace came out of the blocks in the 2nd leg and went 2 up inside 30 mins. Zaha (7) and Benteke (28) made it 6-3 on aggregate and looked comfortable to Palace.

As we have seen before in any game Palace play they don't do comfortable.
    Quickfire goals by Ben Yedder on (44) and 1st half injury time (45+2)

It was end to end until an OG by Palace made the score 6-6 on aggregate and Seville were going through on away goals.

Step up Batshuayi in injury time (90+1) to snatch the game at the death.

Well played Pizzaburn gg.

Shield Final

These games promised to be crackers like the past games against Ken and didn't disappoint.

1st leg:

Fulham 2 - 1 Palace

This game was end to end and could have literally ended up 5-5. Fulham opened the scoring in the 1st half and made it 2-0 before HT I think.

Palace were up against it after the break. After numerous close calls for both teams, Palace managed to get a late goal in the 90th minute. This gave them a lifeline of an away goal going into the 2nd leg

1st leg:

Palace 6 - 2 Fulham

This was the Batshuayi show as he blew Fulham away with 6 goals.

Goals in the 29,40,55 minute looked to have the game well and truly over before an OG from Sakho on 62 gave Fulham a lifeline.

That was until Batshuayi decided to help himself to another couple of goals on 66,75.

Fulham got another consolation on 79 mins through Seri before Batshuayi got his double hat trick on 86 mins.

Great games Ken. Well played. Just unlucky that Big Bats was untouchable this 2nd leg.

Some much-needed silverware for palace after the disaster to end the league.

Roll on next season :)

Semi final 1st leg
    Fulham 3-2 Villareal
    End to end game in the first leg with Fulham just edging it

Second leg
    Villareal 0-5 Fulham
    Az started very strong and went for it but unfortunately left him open to the counter attack, scoreline a bit harsh game was alot closer than that good games Az

Champions cup semi final

First leg

Wolves 0-0 Fiorentina (colemaniser)

Great game this with both teams missing chances they would usually put away. Very intense game, Coleman was on top but my keeper managed to keep him at Bay ! Onto the second leg.

Second leg

Fiorentina 0- 1 Wolves

Super game . Coleman flew out of the traps and if he had got the early goal from his chances at the start of the game I'd have been in big trouble. Great goalkeeping from man of the match Patricio kept me in the game. The crossbar must be sore also after Coleman battered it a few times. Wolves finally settled into the game and ivan cavelero broke through the fiorentina defence and scored. Wolves went in at half time with the lead somehow.

Both teams had chances after that with adama missing a Sitter to make wolves comfortable. I couldn't get the goal that would kill off the the game and Coleman couldn't find the equaliser. I was lucky he was rusty I guess! Intense pressure from Fiorentina for the last 15 minutes as I couldn't seem to get out of my own box. Big Willie Boly with a few heroic last ditch tackles. Somehow I managed to hold onto the win and now go on to face an In form Torino in the final. Got lucky in those games.

Great games Coleman was nothing in it as usual. Nobody deserved to lose !

Boards championship cup final

Torino 4-2 Wolves

Couldn't stop Reggie in this leg. Was all over me and I was lucky to keep it to 4-2. Fair play to Reggie who replayed this one after connection problems in the first one. Clinical finishing from Reggie and great defending kept me from getting anything out of the game. Zaza and belotti were too much for my defence.

Wolves 1 - 3 Torino

Reggie blew me away here in a whirlwind first 20 minutes where Zaza went to town. I tried hard to get back into the game but couldn't. His defence was solid throughout and I had a few chances but couldn't convert. Two well deserved wins for Reggie and the cup has to leave limerick :(. Well deserved champions cup and that's five different winners !

Well done Reggie best player overall by far this season

• Advertisement

Thanks damo and thanks colemaniser for running another great league. Up the dubs;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Thanks damo and thanks colemaniser for running another great league. Up the dubs;)

I'm afraid I cannot thank this post given the way it's signed off......

But congratulations Reggie

Champions Cup

1st leg:

Palace 0 - 9 Torino

This game was all Reggie with the odd chance for me to score but could not put it away.
    It was 4-0 at HT and 5 more in the second half made it 9-0 to Torino.

I was streaming the match on youtube but it stopped recording after HT in 1st match.

I said to Reggie did he want to play the second leg and he said up to me.
    I was determined to try score so I agreed we play it :).

1st leg:

Torino 8 - 3 Palace

Palace came out of the blocks in this one determined to try and get some respectability out of the match.

Palace were 3 up after 28 minutes with some lovely goals before Reggie woke up or was so p1ssed off that he said FU :D.

3 goals in the next 15 minutes made it 3-3 at HT. Another quick goal after HT made it 4-3 to Torino before they continued scoring with another 4 goals to make it 8-3

Great games Reggie. Best player I have played by far online including all the opponents I played with on Myclub

Congrats man

Roll on next season :)

Here is the stream if anyone wants to look. The 2nd match 1st half is worth a watch

Advertisement