Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-07-2019, 23:25   #16
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartboardio View Post
Well I wonder why that is?

Something makes me doubt its from a moral perspective
Maybe read about it? Why do you think they don't eat meat, just to annoy you?
You're not very informed on the subject matter of the thread you started, methinks.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-07-2019, 23:27   #17
8-10

Quote:

As far as I'm concerned, killing animals has gone back hundreds of thousands of years and will continue to do so, thats, in my opinion, what animals are here for.
Yeah but it the same time many animals exist and breed in the numbers they do because of Human activity.

The modern beef and dairy cow are manufactured and without humans wouldn't exist in the wild as they do now. We have shaped nature as a resource and it's more than just us killing animals who happen to be around, it's manufacturing nature by breeding animals for consumption, many in captivity and force-fed to fatten them up for us.

In addition the carbon dioxide produced is going to become more and more of a problem if farming continues to expand as populations do.

I'm no vegan, I eat meat and I eat veal on occasion. But I'm very aware that I'm not simply eating something that would have died anyway, I'm eating something that is only alive because I'm going to eat it. And it's only fair to acknowledge that in any moral debate.

I fully believe that the right solution is very very close for both sides as technology advances to mass produced lab-grown meat
02-07-2019, 23:27   #18
dartboardio

oh wow, country instead of continent, deal breaker!

and TheloniousMonk - I'm not sure, I want a conversation here, not to read topics from reddit from people in other countries.

I want to know why in Ireland, so many people genuinely think it's wrong to kill animals to eat, like we have been doing for many, many years?
02-07-2019, 23:28   #19
Mr_Muffin

Meat tastes great. That's why I eat it. I do sometimes silently thank the cow when biting into a juicy steak, though.
02-07-2019, 23:28   #20
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
I want to know why in Ireland, so many people genuinely think it's wrong to kill animals to eat, like we have been doing for many, many years?
Because they don't think it's necessary? That's it really. Just live your life, no one is going to take your meat away from you.
Advertisement
02-07-2019, 23:28   #21
touts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
I'm pretty sure 30% or so of India is vegetarian. The planet would be a better place if we all ate less meat. The seas are almost out of fish too.
Less meat is one thing. Veganism is fanaticism. They are the ISIS of healthy eating.
(4) thanks from:
02-07-2019, 23:28   #22
blergh

Quote:
Instead of calling me anti vegan, could you at least try and explain the idea?

I'm open to correction with the idea, but my question here is genuinely, how do vegans think human evolution can change?
"how do you think evolution can change" - ha
02-07-2019, 23:28   #23
dartboardio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-10 View Post
Yeah but it the same time many animals exist and breed in the numbers they do because of Human activity.

The modern beef and dairy cow are manufactured and without humans wouldn't exist in the wild as they do now. We have shaped nature as a resource and it's more than just us killing animals who happen to be around, it's manufacturing nature by breeding animals for consumption, many in captivity and force-fed to fatten them up for us.

In addition the carbon dioxide produced is going to become more and more of a problem if farming continues to expand as populations do.

I'm no vegan, I eat meat and I eat veal on occasion. But I'm very aware that I'm not simply eating something that would have died anyway, I'm eating something that is only alive because I'm going to eat it. And it's only fair to acknowledge that in any moral debate.

I fully believe that the right solution is very very close for both sides as technology advances to mass produced lab-grown meat

now that's more like it!
02-07-2019, 23:29   #24
anewme

OP, tell that to yer man who ate the Gecko.

That was the end of him.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-07-2019, 23:30   #25
dartboardio

Quote:
Because they don't think it's necessary? That's it really. Just live your life, no one is going to take your meat away from you.
That's fine, thanks for your 2cents.

This thread is to explore the reasons why, not to be shut down to 'mind my own business' or 'live my own life and don't question other peoples actions'

If that was the case, boards.ie would not be here.
(3) thanks from:
02-07-2019, 23:31   #26
touts

Quote:
I'm pretty sure 30% or so of India is vegetarian.
And I'm pretty sure 29.99% is because they can't afford meat.
(2) thanks from:
02-07-2019, 23:32   #27
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
That's fine, thanks for your 2cents.

This thread is to explore the reasons why, not to be shut down to 'mind my own business' or 'live my own life and don't question other peoples actions'

If that was the case, boards.ie would not be here.
There's been a 1000 threads on it already, quite recently. We've been through all this.
(2) thanks from:
02-07-2019, 23:33   #28
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by touts View Post
And I'm pretty sure 29.99% is because they can't afford meat.
You'd be pretty wrong there
02-07-2019, 23:34   #29
Outlaw Pete

I'm 100% vegan apart from the odd steak, occasional burger (or chicken on a Sunday).

Roast Duck from the Chinese I also eat and I love Pizza too, but that's about it.

I'm a vegan cause I just feel better eating that way and not killing as many animals as most other humans do is a good thing I feel.

Don't be so judgmental. Listen to this little girl and tell me you don't feel guilty that animals died so you could have a nice lunch.

https://twitter.com/KRIRQ/status/1111304527620292609
(3) thanks from:
02-07-2019, 23:37   #30
dartboardio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Pete View Post
I'm 100% vegan apart from the odd steak, occasional burger (or chicken on a Sunday).

Roast Duck from the Chinese I also eat and I love Pizza too, but that's about it.

I'm a vegan cause I just feel better eating that way and not killing as many animals as most other humans do is a good thing I feel.

Don't be so judgmental. Listen to this little girl and tell me you don't feel guilty that animals died so you could have a nice lunch.

https://twitter.com/KRIRQ/status/1111304527620292609
I'm not that judgemental, just confused as to where down the line did people stop caring about the pigs 'feelings'

and of course why, if it's all we've ever known

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion