Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animals are here for us to kill, eat..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

GreeBo wrote: »
    Lets all only eat vegetables and tell anyone eating meat that they are a murderer.

Anyone has a problem with it just tell them to shut up and that its cruel to eat meat (even though none of us would be here if our ancestors didnt eat meat.)

You clearly eat a lot of steak! Takes muscle to move goalposts that far that quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

As far as I'm concerned, killing animals has gone back hundreds of thousands of years and will continue to do so, thats, in my opinion, what animals are here for.

I disagree I don't think animals are there for us to eat. But they are there and they are tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 27,034 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You clearly eat a lot of steak! Takes muscle to move goalposts that far that quick!

So you are saying that those that dont eat meat are weak and dont have muscles?

Interesting argument in favour of veganism, but lets see how it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

They think they are the funniest, wittiest ****ers ever - even though the joke is about 15 years old! :confused:

Anyway, of course preachy aggressive vegans can be odious - like any preachy aggressive people can be - but I'm talking about the hatred of people who simply follow a vegan diet, nothing more.

I agree, i hate the typical 'oh vegans dont shut up etc'

I have friends who are vegan, it doesnt bother me persay, just curious as to how it came about that non vegans are 'evil' 'wrong'

Like it started with this girl im peers with, and she actively seeks out people like farmers on donedeal etc to abuse them and tell them they're evil etc then screenshots it and puts it on their instagram?

Then the opposite end of the scale you have people like Laura Young (lauras_views) on instagram who wants to advertise a 'normal' life and not be a 'preachy' vegan.

So you are saying that those that dont eat meat are weak and dont have muscles?

Interesting argument in favour of veganism, but lets see how it works out for you.

No Cathy Newman, I'm not. I'm saying that you're moving the goalposts of the argument, I really didn't think anyone could fail to miss that central point of that very short simple sentence.

Mind your back there, coz you've done it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,034 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

No Cathy Newman, I'm not. I'm saying that you're moving the goalposts of the argument, I really didn't think anyone could fail to miss that central point of that very short simple sentence.

Mind your back there, coz you've done it again!

No, you literally said that I must eat a lot of steak because it would take the energy from a lot of steak to build the muscles required to move goalposts. :confused:

I didn't know veganism was linked to short term memory loss...I'd ask you did you know but you have probably already forgotten the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Those that drink dairy are glugging grade a mammal oestrogen. Man boobs, less testosterone etc

Processed pork causes cancer. Too much red meat will give you a heart attack. "too much" of these meats is far less than the average person consumes so people are in denial about whether they consume too much.

Eating a cow is the same as eating any other animal so there is no right to get upset over the Chinese eating dogs.

There is no such thing as humane slaughter. It's all gratuitous and cruel. Pigs especially are horribly treated relative to their intelligence.

Caring about using plastic straws and coffee cups but not about eating fish is prime hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Zzzzzzzz

I fully agree now.

Let's all go rape each other, kill each other's kids, stick our tongues up each other's arses to say hello.

You mean go and live outside Dublin? No thank you, Ma'am!

No, you literally said that I must eat a lot of steak because it would take the energy from a lot of steak to build the muscles required to move goalposts. :confused:

I didn't know veganism was linked to short term memory loss...I'd ask you did you know but you have probably already forgotten the question.

Ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

The absolute ridiculous assumptions about vegans made on these threads are just getting more and more ridiculous. Cyclists, pro-choice, feminists, climate change activists, anything like this are just grouped together as vegans by certain people.
    I've met all walks of life throughout the years but I'm not sure if I've ever met a vegan, apparently they would have told me if they were one. Anyway, I'm having some turkey for lunch in the park now, have a nice day everyone.
    i couldn't care less if a person is a vegan or wants to go around on all fours eating grass all day , their life their choice , and good luck to them . just don't tell me it's all about animal welfare . I'm sure there are million's of insect's killed with sprays , but they don't matter because they don't LOOK cute with big sad eyes , and what about ground nesting birds and small animals killed during harvesting.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

I'm pretty sure 30% or so of India is vegetarian. The planet would be a better place if we all ate less meat. The seas are almost out of fish too.

Dry your eyes, there's plenty more fish in the sea m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

OP your opinion is stupid and you seem like a dope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

...and wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

touts wrote: »
    And I'm pretty sure 29.99% is because they can't afford meat.

A lot of it is down to their religion (can't remember which one it is) forbidding the eating of meat, I remember reading something about vegetarian landlords in India refusing to rent to meat eaters as they're morally opposed to eating meat

Hindus are also against eating cows (but eat other meat) as they consider cows to be a sacred animal

It's a very first world view point to think it's because they can't afford meat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Candie wrote: »
    Hindus believe that violence never brings spiritual peace, so slaughtering animals is considered wrong by many. Hindus aren't vegetarian in the way most in the West are, as they consume dairy products

Vegetarians in the west still eat dairy though, vegans are the ones who don't eat any animal products

Nah, there are strict vegetarian who eat no animal produce and lacto-vegetarians who'll drink milk and eat cheese and yoghurt etc., and vegans who use no animal produce at all, no leather shoes, no catgut violin bows, no leather jackets or trimmings etc.

Sikhs are lacto-vegetarian, Hindus aren't required to be vegetarian but about a quarter are.

Cows aren't sacred.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheTravelWife

A vegan and a feminist were on a cruise together when a violent squall suddenly hit. The ship took on water and began to sink, and the captain ordered all passengers to the life vessels. The feminist who had preached equality amongst men and women all her adult life sprinted to the front of the line when she heard “women and children first.”

Her vegan friend also made it to a life raft and spent 12 days adrift at sea before finally landing on a small tropical island. One of the other survivors in his party managed to capture one thing to eat; an iguana. Weak and fearing he might starve to death, the vegan requested he be handed her ration of meat first.

I can’t tell the story/joke as good as my husband but ye get the idea :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

A vegan and a feminist were on a cruise together when a violent squall suddenly hit. The ship took on water and began to sink, and the captain ordered all passengers to the life vessels. The feminist who had preached equality amongst men and women all her adult life sprinted to the front of the line when she heard “women and children first.”

Her vegan friend also made it to a life raft and spent 12 days adrift at sea before finally landing on a small tropical island. One of the other survivors in his party managed to capture one thing to eat; an iguana. Weak and fearing he might starve to death, the vegan requested he be handed her ration of meat first.

I can’t tell the story/joke as good as my husband but you get the idea :-)

Your husband better be a ****ing magician because otherwise I can’t imagine anyone laughing at that being told.

_Brian wrote: »
    Your husband better be a ****ing magician because otherwise I can’t imagine anyone laughing at that being told.

You don’t seem like ye’d be able to imagine much of anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

You don’t seem like ye’d be able to imagine much of anything

Have to use your imagination much with him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

_Brian wrote: »
    Have to use your imagination much with him ?

Im sure you have to use yours alot, alone!

Im sure you have to use yours alot, alone!

Never mind that boy. Brian is probably just another lonely soul, born stricken with the “little” ol’ Irish curse, with nothing but his computer screen, tucked away inside his ma’s house, to distract his mind from remembering that he is nothing in this life.

But thank you just the same :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

I eat meat because I like it.

It's really delicious.

If I didn't like it,I wouldn't eat it.
    I'd be a vegetarian.

It's called having choice and free will.

It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Those are the nations with highest rates of vegetarians and vegans

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-highest-rates-of-vegetarianism.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheTravelLife

Never mind that boy. Brian is probably just another lonely soul, born stricken with the “little” ol’ Irish curse, with nothing but his computer screen, tucked away inside his ma’s house, to distract his mind from remembering that he is nothing in this life.

But thank you just the same :-)

Savage...

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

I spent two hours today stalking a salmon in a pool in a river in Clare...
    I tried every fly, but to no avail...
    Threw a worm on the hook, bang he took it...

After a lengthy struggle I landed him, all 7 kilos of him.

Then gently I slipped that bar of silver back facing upstream, nursed it back until it went on its way...

Now practically speaking I tricked that fish into thinking it was safe eat that worm, tortured it until he could take no more and set him free to hopefully fight another day....

I enjoy fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I can’t tell the story/joke as good as my husband but ye get the idea :-)

Well this guy wasnt much of a vegan or a feminist and he decided to have a feed of a lizard.

Didnt bode too well.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/dad-dies-absolute-agony-after-17370531

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

I'm pretty sure 30% or so of India is vegetarian. The planet would be a better place if we all ate less meat. The seas are almost out of fish too.

While I personally think veganism is unnecessary, I don't mind if other people want to do it but attacking people and lying to them about eating meat is not making anything better.

The seas are almost out of fish!? There are 3.5 trillion fish in the ocean. If you want to be vegan, we can't stop you self-flagelating yourself by missing out on rib-eye steak, but stop forcing this nonsense on innocent people, you are not helping your cause at all.

If veganism really was a good thing, you would not have to lie about it. The seas are almost out of fish! The sky is falling! Have a beer and a steak and be happy instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 PainInTheArse

Uncharted wrote: »
    I eat meat because I like it.

It's really delicious.

If I didn't like it,I wouldn't eat it.
    I'd be a vegetarian.

It's called having choice and free will.

It's that simple.

What about the choice and free will of your victim ?

Advertisement