Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men with a fetish for taken women.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    You can’t watch your partner and you can’t control who they interact with. If I witnessed a colleague busting a move on a partner I’d probably have very stern words and if that didn’t work I’d deck him.
    But outside of that, there’s very little you can do to stop people like that. You really need to be able to trust your partner, they’ll have plenty of opportunities to be unfaithful and generally it won’t come out of the blue. I had a married ex seek me out before.

What if he was higher up the chain on the decking order than you

now he's laughing at your punches and your partner along with everyone else knows you don't think that much of her

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's like wiping your mickey on someone's curtains. A power play.

Don't do dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

What if he was higher up the chain on the decking order than you

now he's laughing at your punches and your partner along with everyone else knows you don't think that much of her

If you’re don’t feel confident in your own abilities, might I suggest that you address that.

OSI wrote: »
    What you describe is more akin to hot wifing. Cuckolding is generally done with the intent of humiliating the husband, ie implying the wife needs another man to attain pleasure.

Yeah that is why I said the definition appears to have changed over time. It seems to include what you describe often - but is not a necessary part of the definition.

In fact the part I included - the knowledge and arousal of the cuckolded man - is not even a requirement for some definitions. Take this one:

"A cuckold is the husband of an adulterous wife. In evolutionary biology, the term is also applied to males who are unwittingly investing parental effort in offspring that are not genetically their own."

Nothing to do with knowledge, arousal, or even humiliation there. The guy can in fact be 100% oblivious to the whole thing.
    OSI wrote: »
    Why you'd get your rocks off knowing your wife was sleeping with another bloke with the intent of making you feel inadequate and **** in bed I haven't a clue, but each to their own.

Well I guess I can speak to that a bit since I am thinking of doing it with my girlfriends. Let me start with a little analogy.

The Peacocks feathers are a hindrance. They are huge and slow them down and therefore make them more prone to predators. However that fact means they are using their big tails to show the female they are in fact healthy and dominant and genetically fit and so on. Basically the male tail is indicating "Look I am so great I am able to take the fitness hit of this ridiculous appendage and still be better than all my peers".

For some people - and I say some because other people have other motivations - cuckolding is a bit like that. You get arousal from the humiliation and the playing inadequate - because you can. It is very much _because_ you are not inadequate and not inferior and actually feel very secure in yourself and your relationship that you can go into that situation. It is precisely having the power that makes one feel enjoyment from temporarily giving it away. Almost like the peacock tail saying "I am so superior to you I can in fact make myself inferior to you just for kicks".

That is probably the healthy end of cuckolding though. For some other people they likely do feel in adequate and they fall into cuckolding as an expression of that or are cajoled into it rather unwillingly because of it. Especially the humiliation part of it. Maybe letting their partner screw around thinking it is the only way they can keep that partner - that he or she might leave them if they do not do it - so they have to consent.

So in short I would not judge cuckolding positively or negatively as a whole. Rather it depends on the reasons and motivations of those going into it. I know mine if we do it - and I have no fear they are unhealthy or suspect.

If you’re don’t feel confident in your own abilities, might I suggest that you address that.

Wha?

You said it, not me.

You shoulda said "i'll deck him if can" or "i'll deck him if I'm strong enough"

You can't simply go around saying "I'll deck him"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Is it not usually the other way around?

Single hens chasing married c0ck?

Aye, the theory is that attached men are vetted and so therefore less likely to put you in their basement.

Either way, amazing how many songs are about cheating with married folk. Mainly country & western stuff but more mainstream stuff too, like Whitney's 'Saving All My Love' one example:
    You've got your family, and they need you there. Though I've tried to resist, being last on your list but no other man's gonna do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Wha?

You said it, not me.

You shoulda said "i'll deck him if can" or "i'll deck him if I'm strong enough"

You can't simply go around saying "I'll deck him"

No, you’re the one who’s afraid that the guy stealing your partner might batter you and laugh at you. Maybe hit the gym or something, you’ll feel a lot more confident. If money is tight, there are usually good offers to be had in the New Year, perhaps you can avail of one of those.

Best of luck with it anyhow.

No, you’re the one who’s afraid that the guy stealing your partner might batter you and laugh at you. Maybe hit the gym or something, you’ll feel a lot more confident. If money is tight, there are usually good offers to be had in the New Year, perhaps you can avail of one of those.

Best of luck with it anyhow.

Ok, I see the problem it's just a small technical glitch

Follow me and i'll talk you through it.

A. The words you see up on the screen are an actual part of the conversation.

B. As you take part in a conversation words may come into your mind but the key thing to remember here, is that these words aren't part of the conversation and should be disregarded.

If you follow this 2 step approach you should fine.
    Remember ON THE SCREEN= YES
    INSIDE MY HEAD =NO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I have to say I suffer from this a bit.

There's a few lads that work for me that are absolute crackers. Rougher women, howiyes. But when they turn up to the Christmas party all tarted up they get my blood pumping. Haven't done anything like that in a long time. Too messy. Only do the dirt when I'm out foreign with no chance of being caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Is that what cuckolding is?

It's weird and if I knew men that were into that then my first thoughts would be that he's insecure or looking for a bored married woman he can get with easily.

A cuckold is a male who allows his wife/partner to have affairs with other men.

To them it's a better option than being dumped, even though in reality they lose every bit of self dignity and respect.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭UCD GroupThink

A guy I work with has made it quite clear over beers on different nights that he's only interested in married or long-term committed women.

Pretty much all of us are in that position so I feel it's a bit tone deaf. Like he wants to be with all of our wives and girlfriends.

Is that common? I think it's fairly scummy to be honest.
    Sounds like James Bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

disappointed that you only mention men - when I know quite few ladies that are into this fetish :)

It takes two to tango.
    couldn't have said it better myself !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You can’t watch your partner and you can’t control who they interact with. If I witnessed a colleague busting a move on a partner I’d probably have very stern words and if that didn’t work I’d deck him.
    But outside of that, there’s very little you can do to stop people like that. You really need to be able to trust your partner, they’ll have plenty of opportunities to be unfaithful and generally it won’t come out of the blue. I had a married ex seek me out before.

But jaysus Fr you couldn't expect to get away with decking your bishop.
    Remember how Ted got found out for the kick in the ar** of Bishop Brennan.

This guy could be operating on the principle of bored housewives or mums who want a quick shag with someone new.
    And no strings attached.

Either way I wouldn't expect he gets many invites to colleagues events or houses if he boasts about it. :rolleyes:

Fairly common I think, even Benjamin Franklin advised a younger friend to seek out married women as they were less likely to talk about the affair and had more to lose. I have a friend who is constantly being propositioned by married women, so it goes both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I honestly think its completely wrong to peruse an attached woman but if the attached woman is doing the pursuing its fair game in my opinion.

The famous Roger Stone is an actual cuckold

yet you'd never think it, to look at him

Advertisement