Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2018

Options
  • 01-11-2018 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭

Well guys, with Hallowe'en over it's time to turn our attention to our annual Secret Santa event :D

I have taken over from the fantastic SillyMangoX this year and will be organising it. I have, shamelessly, found last years opening post so will simply paste it here and will add one note on GDPR :)

Any type of pet is welcome, the standard and the more.. unusual! So whether they have fur, scales, feathers or spines, all are welcome here.

A couple of little ground rules : 
    -You can enter as many pets as you like, and you will be buying presents for an equal number of pets.
    -You can build or buy your presents, but the spending limit is €10. You can get very creative on a budget!
    -You must have at least 100 posts on boards to enter to ensure all entries are genuine.
    -Entries will be limited to 30 this year so please get them in asap!
    -Please include the owners name on the postal address to avoid confusion for the poor posties who are busy enough this time of year! The pet's name should be included elsewhere (eg. Patch, C/O John Smith) as some people enter multiple pets.
    -Please include a return address on the package to avoid any losses and last minute gift buying and emergency posting!

So now that all that is out of the way, here’s what I need from you!
    Your Details
    -Your Name – Make sure that the package will reach you, you can use your full name or initials.
    -Your Address – this will be treated with the strictest confidence. This can be your home address, or a c/o address/ work address!
    -EirCode – if applicable!

Your pet’s details
    -Species:
    -Pet’s name (optional):
    -Is food allowed: (note that some animals may suffer from allergies)
    -Likes/Dislikes:

Closing date for entries : November 16th

Posting dates : 23rd November to 30th November (you are welcome to send them off before this!)

Opening date : 22nd of December

* In relation to GDPR, please delete the info I send you (including PMs in your boards.ie folders and any notifications you receive in your email account) when you confirm you have posted your parcel *

This thread will be a fun place to discuss all the happenings, so please PM me if there are any problems!

Let the fun begin :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Feels very strange to be sending PMs instead of receiving them this year :D have my messers entered!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

With Milo included, we have 3 entries so far :) I was in a petshop earlier and had to check out their Christmas section. They had some nice bits and pieces... I was quite taken with the red, glittery collar and lead with bells attached :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Entered a few of mine just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

so so excited for this again! have entered my dog and also the guinea pigs!

We're up to seven entries now. A good mix so far including dogs, cats, birds and guinea pigs :)

• Advertisement

This is one of my favourite traditions of the year! Lotso is still playing with his toys from last year! I entered my mums dog before I had my own- I think this is my fourth or fifth year of secret santas!!

I can't decide who I should enter!!! :(

I can't decide who I should enter!!! :(

All of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Pm sent.

that's my girls entered.

As of this morning we have 9 entries :) Anyone who hasn't entered yet, you have until Friday week :D

• Advertisement

Iirc I entered both my dogs the first year I joined in. Axel the second year and Oscar my other cat last year because it was his first ever Christmas. So this year it should be the dogs again. I'm on a tight budget so wasn't sure I should enter both but I'm here now looking at their little faces and remembering how exciting it is on opening day and feck it I'm gonna put them both in!!! :D

I'll pm their deets later!

Woohoo!

Pm sent!

We're up to 11 folks :D Have a nice mix too, dogs, cats, birds and guinea pigs. No stick insects this year...yet!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Just entered one of mine :) Last year in the excitement of opening everything Freya mistook my finger nail for a treat and bit through it, my fault for waving a bag of treats over her head but hurt like hell

Still very quiet on the entries front! Anyone thinking of entering has until Friday :) For all those who have entered, I hope to have details of your SS to you over the weekend :)

Any more entries Jelly? I can't wait to see who I got!

One more since my last post so we're at 13 :D Closing it tomorrow so I should get PMs out over the weekend :)

ETA- up to 14 now. It's an even number so my (self diagnosed!) OCD can relax!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

ah fantastic!! one of my favourite Christmas traditions now!! Boards Pets Secret Santa... :-)

Anyone still looking to enter has until 9pm tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

jellybear wrote: »
    Anyone still looking to enter has until 9pm tonight :)

wish I could but just not possible this year... hope it all goes splendidly and I am sure it will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

If you’re left with an uneven number I can split my guys into separate entires to even it out for you :D

We have 16 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Awwwww go on, put us in, 2 guinea pigs + Mr C, if your OCD can’t take it we could lop in my in-laws golden oldie? Will pm you with details in a bit :)

em_cat wrote: »
    Awwwww go on, put us in, 2 guinea pigs + Mr C, if your OCD can’t take it we could lop in my in-laws golden oldie? Will pm you with details in a bit :)

Perfect!

Just a quick reminder to anyone who entered more than 1 that you will be buying for the same number that you enter. So if you enter 2, you will be buying for 2 etc. Just don't want anyone broke for Christmas!!:D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

jellybear wrote: »
    Perfect!

Just a quick reminder to anyone who entered more than 1 that you will be buying for the same number that you enter. So if you enter 2, you will be buying for 2 etc. Just don't want anyone broke for Christmas!!:D :P

;)

Okay guys, draw is done. I'm just double checking one last thing so should have PMs sent out soon :)

Got my pm! :) Thanks!

Phew, all PMs sent!! :D

Any issues just let me know ;)

so exciting! thanks for all the work you have done so far jellybear!

now to start shopping!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Got my PM too. Was I not meant to get the Boardsies name too?:D

Advertisement