Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Ireland news thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That's some start from Thompson

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Odds at the moment

England 4/7 Ireland 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 22,014 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hopefully this rain clears up and Ireland come out to better batting conditions to see out the new ball and then attack

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wicorthered

I'm more nervous than the players I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭Brian017

I'd say Ireland would've bit your arms, and legs off, if you offered them 182 runs to win the Test on Wednesday morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,504 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

12.30 restart if no more rain

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Broad looks fired up here, need to bed in here a bit, the openers seem happy to rotate strike and take singles so they might be in 1 day mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Such a silly shot from Porterfield the last over. That is exactly what we don’t need. Wait for the bad balls for god sake

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Brian017 wrote: »
    I'd say Ireland would've bit your arms, and legs off, if you offered them 182 runs to win the Test on Wednesday morning!

They'd have taken it Friday morning as well :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Clareman wrote: »
    Broad looks fired up here, need to bed in here a bit, the openers seem happy to rotate strike and take singles so they might be in 1 day mode.

Another part time fan here but is that not what we'd be hoping for? Pretty much five full sessions to get the required total so a slow and steady run rate and basically stay put?

I'm always happy to be corrected on the cricket forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Not a fan of this England team, constantly delaying, fûcking around with boots and whatnot, trying to frustrate and spoil the momentum. Not very classy or sporting.

Collie D wrote: »
    Another part time fan here but is that not what we'd be hoping for? Pretty much five full sessions to get the required total so a slow and steady run rate and basically stay put?

I'm always happy to be corrected on the cricket forum :)

For me it’s just take the runs when they are there. Be it a bad ball, bye, single.

Just basic cricket.

Porterfield could get us in trouble here if he keeps playing like this

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Bah porterfield out

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Crap.

Porterfield was always going to get out early, need to settle here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Not what you need from your captain....

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,504 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I don't watch a whole lot of cricket, but anytime I watch Ireland it seems that Porterfield goes early for low score. Not what you want from your opener...

Clareman wrote: »
    Porterfield was always going to get out early, need to settle here.

Yeah no major surprise sadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Smart catch it has to be said, reliable line and length bowling so far and runs proving difficult to find. Maybe the Irish batsmen need to be less conservative though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

That was coming :(
    Need another good knock from Balbirnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Going to be hard for Ireland to win this in what are perfect bowling conditions.

I think it's going to come down to Stirling and Balbirnie really, one of them needs to get a good score and then KOB will be important later to get us over the line

Just settle in for a while and wait for the sun to come out, it could be a long day in the field today with high heat and humidity.

Porterfield got a good ball.

Barring 2 of his shots they have started well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Averaging 11 in test cricket as an opening batsman is not going to be sustainable

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Really need to see this new ball out and hope it gets easier with no swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Averaging 11 in test cricket as an opening batsman is not going to be sustainable

Never mind 11 in 3 test matches, it "feels" like that's his average in the last few years in all forms of his cricket.

• Advertisement

It’s moving off the seam more than swing really. Need to just get through the next 10 overs

Advertisement