Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Crystal ball time alright. Yes they’ll be expensive and scarce. They’ll have to be. Main reason is the gap won’t be plugged from Uk as they’ve even higher looses there. But flip side is meal. Coming in at €320 a tonne around these parts. So get out a pencil and do the figures. Lucky I had a small paddock with grass in it, so took my small runty ewes lambs and tucking them away for the next month of two. All other lambs ( male and big females ) are being mealed near Adlib. Funny to observe, much more the batch of males eat in comparison to the batch of females. Even think it’s harder to fatten the females as they don’t just tuck away enough to get to the higher factory weights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭arctictree

Just weighed the last few lambs I have left over. Have a nice bunch of ewe lambs at about 43kg. Nice to see they put on a bit of weight over the autumn on grass only. Good few pet lambs in that bunch. I think I'll hold on until Jan and sell them then.

Then I've a raggedy bunch of 8 wethers ranging from 25 to 45kg. Not sure what to do with them. Might wait until scanning and head to the Mart with them and the empties.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Young95

Any quotes for Monday?

Any quote updates ? Was quoted €5.00 ,which sounded abit low.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭early_riser

Any quote updates ? Was quoted €5.00 ,which sounded abit low.

Quotes back 5-10 c this week most places seemly

• Advertisement

Anyone in a factory Lairage this week, are they empty or full ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sheepfarmer92

Anyone in a factory Lairage this week, are they empty or full ?

Aul lad said navan was empty today, can't get sheep yet still trying to pull the price by ten cents, if there's to be a future in farming at all, these factories really need to cop the f*@k on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Dickie10

lads thats a sign they know there feck all sheep for after xmas. they know they are going to have to pay for them then and are now hoping lads will cash there few lambs in now either way for xmas money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

I’m not sure. I’m moving on anything this week that’ll kill 20 kg + to be fcked as thrive is all out of a meal bag now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Dickie10 wrote: »
    lads thats a sign they know there feck all sheep for after xmas. they know they are going to have to pay for them then and are now hoping lads will cash there few lambs in now either way for xmas money
    My thoughts exactly hopefully we will be proved right as I've 62 lambs I bought 3 weeks ago just starting till gain a bit at the minute that's the last buying I'll be doing this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Anybody getting any feed back on fluke from the factorys?

Lambman wrote: »

@greysides ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Lambman wrote: »

You would imagine it should not be too prevalent yet anyway....here in West the weather has only got wet in last 3 weeks,downpours of rain a few days but before that October and most of November were dry.Wet land is getting wet now though iykwim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Was in Mary today. Very quiet with weather. Prices generally around 2.10- 2.20 per kg. Allot of very light stores. Lads clearing them off before Xmas.

Good aul Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

sea12 wrote: »
    Was in Mary today. Very quiet with weather. Prices generally around 2.10- 2.20 per kg. Allot of very light stores. Lads clearing them off before Xmas.

Was that before or after you went to mart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Sami23

Oh Mary ðŸ˜

Any movement on prices this week ?

There’s more movement on Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Lano Lynn

• Advertisement

Lano Lynn wrote: »

Separately, Was thinking lately, potatoes yields are down 30% this year and we’ve witnessed prices more then doubling. I believe lamb numbers must be down by a huge percentage with losses this spring both here and across the water, yet prices are stagnant ??? go figure !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Separately, Was thinking lately, potatoes yields are down 30% this year and we’ve witnessed prices more then doubling. I believe lamb numbers must be down by a huge percentage with losses this spring both here and across the water, yet prices are stagnant ??? go figure !!!

Lambs arent scarce yet though. Be over 6 euro in 6 weeks id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭148multi

Was that mountmary ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sheepman2

What's the price at now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

5.15 flat to 23 I heard going

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sheepman2

Starting to creep up,wonder will we get near €6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Sheepman2 wrote: »
    What's the price at now

5:20 to 23 kgs today(QA inc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭kk.man