Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Christmas Present Would You Like To Get This Year?

Options
13»

Comments

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Luckily, this is not After Hours :) I hope you get your flat

Thanks hopefully someday hope you have a lovely Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I'm hard to buy for because I generally get whatever I want/need myself but I'd like to get the Beastie Boys book which looks good and a nice reusable water bottle maybe one that's insulated, I like the look of the Klean Klanteen ones.

I'm looking for a Klean Kanteen waterbottle too, as a gift.
    Anyone got any idea where I would find one, in a Dublin shop?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Perhaps Stock on South King Street, Day Lewin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

miamee wrote: »
    Perhaps Stock on South King Street, Day Lewin?

Good idea, thank you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Luff123

RDR2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 rdsopix

Oldenboard wrote: »
    I make a photobook for my partner every year and have found cewe photobooks from FotoInsight Ireland to be really good.

FotoInsight have an offer of €10 off for the first cewe photo book. Use voucher code "FIRSTBOOK10".

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cuddlepunk

I would love to get a few Xbox one games, not for me but my kids (My present is seeing their happy faces).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

A hug from my mum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

My two sons just got a set of expensive Beats Head Phones for their birthdays.I just listened to some music on them and the quality and clarity is beyond my wildest dreams.They are also back round sound proof can't hear hear a thing outside the music playing. I dropped a couple of hints so hopefully I will see a set under the tree Christmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Have always wanted one since I was a nipper and never got one so this year my wife has bought me one and it should arrive any day this week. I am getting a pool table finally......only had to wait 46 years :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Have always wanted one since I was a nipper and never got one so this year my wife has bought me one and it should arrive any day this week. I am getting a pool table finally......only had to wait 46 years :)

Really a great present. Your wife must really love you. Hope your looking after her just as well.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Sry, wasn't trying to hijack the thread.
    Thanks for the suggestions :D.

I think running is probably the key, but keeping it low tech.
    Much as I'd like to send her away to relax, I know it wouldn't work at the moment (youngest has some health issues at the moment, and she worries too much. Would only worry more if out of sight) .

Could you get her a smart watch that does fitness tracking? I've a gear fit 2 and I have to say, I love it. It tracks my activity even when I'm pushing the buggy, which is great because I can't go out for walks during the day without my daughter, and at night I don't have time to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I would love some new pyjamas. The fluffier the better :D

It’s just not Christmas without fluffy new pyjamas and socks :)

Failing that, a new book would be most welcome.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2i1guo0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I was going to say, there is nothing I really need etc.

But there is. But it is too big an ask...

Don't laugh or gasp... NEED a car. Not a new posh car. Just a little car that will get me around .... My current car is a 00 and finally declaring banjaxed. It has been a wonderful car. Truly wonderful . And it will come over here as an "island car" and be my legs a while longer...But not fit for off island .

No way can I replace it. I have increasingly limited mobility and live isolated. My car is as my legs

I WILL cope if need be,,, but Santa , if you are listening.... ;)

I never ask for anything usually....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Toots wrote: »
    Could you get her a smart watch that does fitness tracking? I've a gear fit 2 and I have to say, I love it. It tracks my activity even when I'm pushing the buggy, which is great because I can't go out for walks during the day without my daughter, and at night I don't have time to get out.

Thanks for the pointers :)

I went with a FitBit Charge 2 in the end.
    It's not the latest and greatest, but we agreed a budget of €50, and it is the best I can get in that range (a wee bit over, but claim back from health insurance for a wearable helped).
    Seems to be a reliable lil device, and if she likes it and wants more features I can always upgrade for her in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Loughc wrote: »
    2i1guo0.jpg

When do you stuff the bird? Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
    If you do it on the Eve that gives more time to sort the vegetables etc on Christmas Day

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

rdsopix wrote: »
    FotoInsight have an offer of €10 off for the first cewe photo book. Use voucher code "FIRSTBOOK10".

Thanks for the suggestion. Got 2 photobooks for my son / godson from FreePrints photobooks. Arrived last week, superb quality

Advertisement