Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Christmas Present Would You Like To Get This Year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

What are her interests? Cooking? Music? Running? I always find the best presents when I really consider a person's interests.

I get the wife a photo album every year containing pics from throughout the year. Buy an album and get a local photo shop to print out your photos. Photos are cheap if done in bulk. She has about 9 albums worth now and they are priceless to her .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I get the wife a photo album every year containing pics from throughout the year. Buy an album and get a local photo shop to print out your photos. Photos are cheap if done in bulk. She has about 9 albums worth now and they are priceless to her .

What does she buy you.Do you not think at this stage 9 photo albums is enough.
    Buy her earrings but put a bit of thought in to it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Planning permission. Other than that, I'm good. But if someone is buying I like books, plants, crafty stuff (not really, I just think I do, I have enough!).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Part of the problem is that both of our lives are really all about the kids at the moment, there's not a lot of hobby time. Stuff for the house and kids, although practical at the moment, are just crap presents.

She has been trying to get into running, and I have been trying to think of something for that. I'm sure I'll figure it out

Best gift I got when my boy was much smaller was a trip to a hotel all on my own. Close enough that I felt I could get home “in an emergency” but an empty room, books, snacks. Silence. It was bliss!

If it’s been all about the kids then some way to give her time to herself so running gear would work well too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

photobooks where the pages are printed on are better IMHO. Less bulky and more professional looking. Some really nice ones out there for not a lot of money.

I want a spotting scope. a nice one and a decent tripod to go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Part of the problem is that both of our lives are really all about the kids at the moment, there's not a lot of hobby time. Stuff for the house and kids, although practical at the moment, are just crap presents.

She has been trying to get into running, and I have been trying to think of something for that. I'm sure I'll figure it out

Maybe a Garmin Forerunner. Nice tech to play with on Christmas day and practical when trying to get into running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

big syke wrote: »
    Maybe a Garmin Forerunner. Nice tech to play with on Christmas day and practical when trying to get into running.

Sry, wasn't trying to hijack the thread.
    Thanks for the suggestions :D.

I think running is probably the key, but keeping it low tech.
    Much as I'd like to send her away to relax, I know it wouldn't work at the moment (youngest has some health issues at the moment, and she worries too much. Would only worry more if out of sight) .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sry, wasn't trying to hijack the thread.
    Thanks for the suggestions :D.

I think running is probably the key, but keeping it low tech.
    Much as I'd like to send her away to relax, I know it wouldn't work at the moment (youngest has some health issues at the moment, and she worries too much. Would only worry more if out of sight) .

How about a pamper package ?
    As in getting her nails , hair , eyebrows done ?
    A few hours of time just for herself getting pampered , it's a great pick me up , in a - I can take on the world again - way ?

Sorry , explained that badly :o

ETA ,
    Somewhere local that she wouldn't stress about being too far away .

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

That's an unbelievable present. Really is a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Try_harder wrote: »
    Apple Watch 4.

Reader, he got it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

dubstarr wrote: »
    What does she buy you.Do you not think at this stage 9 photo albums is enough.
    Buy her earrings but put a bit of thought in to it

you'd be spot on if the photo's in each new album didn't change ! :D

earrings v a years worth of family adventures documented for life, a no brainer imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Some sort of professional but not stuffy looking backpack for the work commute.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Underpants. Current ones are near thread bare, so I've requested an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I'd love a weighted blanket. It's something I'd love to try but could never justify the spend just to try it out. Would love one as a pressie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

you'd be spot on if the photo's in each new album didn't change ! :D

earrings v a years worth of family adventures documented for life, a no brainer imo

Thats not what i meant.I meant hes getting complacent.Photo albums are brilliant,they really are.But maybe she fancies a change.And doesnt want to hurt his feelings.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I would hope he gets her something else too, otherwise that does sound a bit samey!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

A nice cuppa tay would be loverly

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

All I ever ask for from Santa are vouchers for books/River Island and Boots and a Kevin the carrot teddy :)

I'm off to download that jigsaw app so thanks for the suggestion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

All I want for Christmas, is yooouuuuuuu, yooouuuu baby

(Sorry if I got this stuck in your head.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

After a night spent in A&E with another of my kids, all I want for Christmas is a break from this endless sickness :( I'm so tired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Ah God Love ye CheerLouth............Hope things improve...XXX

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I'd love an iPad, and the Holly White cookbook. Chances of getting either are slim to none.

Realistically, I will be happy to have a few days off with the family, with no pressure to be anywhere (apart from by the fire in my parents house with a glass of wine!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Airline tickets to Spain......here’s hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Oldenboard

photobooks, where the pages are printed on are better IMHO. Less bulky and more professional looking. Some really nice ones out there for not a lot of money.

I make a photobook for my partner every year and have found cewe photobooks from FotoInsight Ireland to be really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

I'm hard to buy for because I generally get whatever I want/need myself but I'd like to get the Beastie Boys book which looks good and a nice reusable water bottle maybe one that's insulated, I like the look of the Klean Klanteen ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

beertons wrote: »
    Underpants. Current ones are near thread bare, so I've requested an order.

Maybe get 2 pairs this time, so you can rotate :p

A home of my own as I’m sharing with people I can’t afford my own place :(

I wanna say I hope I’m lucky enough to get a tiny council flat but I’ll only be called a waster by the people on after hours

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I wanna say I hope I’m lucky enough to get a tiny council flat but I’ll only be called a waster by the people on after hours

If whatever Santa/Spirit of Christmas is listening, I would gladly exchange all of my silly gift wishes........if only for you to get this ^ gift of home for the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Luckily, this is not After Hours :) I hope you get your flat

• Advertisement

Deja Boo wrote: »
    If whatever Santa/Spirit of Christmas is listening, I would gladly exchange all of my silly gift wishes........if only for you to get this ^ gift of home for the new year.

Thank you hope you have a great Christmas

Advertisement