Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitored Home Alarm

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Definitely get a few quotes on other systems also.They all have some pros/cons. HKC you have to pay for. I'm not a fan of these annual or monthly subscriptions the price is only going to sneak one way. Others like GSD & Siemens are free. There is also massive differences in the polling times. Take a look at the sticky for more details.
    Generally anything for a few hundred euros is going to have to be paid for somewhere else along the line. Either you are only renting the system or the system is coded to that installer & no one else can maintain it or replace parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

bk wrote: »
    I'd avoid all the ones that are cheap up front and then lock you into contracts. They generally won't work without a contract.

I'd go for an independently professionally installed system, using either HKC, Siemens/Vanderbilt or GSD. Will be a bit more expensive up front, but will be users to do what you want with it and likely cheaper in the long term.

BTW HKC charge €70 per year for remote access and self monitoring, but even without that it will still work without the sub as a basic alarm (no alerts or remote control).

Siemens/Vanderbilt offer free remote control and alerts.

@bk

Any idea of a reputable professional that could quote / install one of these for me? Could you kindly PM me.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most good installers would be able to quote and install multiple options with multiple systems. Where are you located?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Most good installers would be able to quote and install multiple options with multiple systems. Where are you located?

Thanks for the reply, I’m in Dublin 15

There are some good installers in the Sticky.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

Are you looking for installation this side of Christmas?

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    There are some good installers in the Sticky.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

Are you looking for installation this side of Christmas?

Yes, was hoping for that. I'll take a look through the list thanks. Pm me if you are interested ðŸ‘

Booked up through most of January I'm afraid.
    I'll PM you a couple of good installers who might be able to get to you.

Advertisement