Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Halloween support/rant thread!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

em_cat wrote: »
    Ahh I really feel for your daughter, I’ve a few neighbours that have kids terrified of them. It’s so heartbreaking.

Mr C isn’t bothered by them on tele but in front of the apt you bet. Right now it feels as if we are under mortar attacks...

Talk about being melodramatic get a grip

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    Talk about being melodramatic get a grip

Yellow Carded - If you have nothing constructive to say in this forum please don't post in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Firing them off less than 30m from our balcony...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Every time we get some peace more go off! He’s up on the couch with me taking treats and falling asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Ours have died down, hope it stays that way for the night. Dog has tuckered himself out. He must've walked miles after his treat ball tonight. Going out for a whizz might not be so fun

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

There were some bangers going off here for about an hour. I think it was a neighbour with small kids. The dogs here are not bothered but some reports on the community alert Facebook page of dogs turning up/running scared. 3 reports, all collies.

Baileys asleep on my arm and I don’t dare move!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Charlie was very scared, just sat next to me huddled in close ultra-alert to all the noise. felt sorry for him but glad it was just the one night and only a few hours, he went down at 9pm as normal wrecked from nervous energy i think

2 doses of Sileo and spent the night under the duvet. Had to take the day off as we were woken by some going off in the early am...

Well Halloween night/Thurs morning he finally settled downstairs (he was upstairs briefly!) around 1:30am... There was a few going off early yesterday evening too but he wasn't that upset - just heard them and moved into the kitchen. It was great to be able to see him fast asleep on his bed all evening - he was upside down on the couch when I came down this morning lol :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Just heard a friend's dog died on Halloween night.

Door was opened for trick treat, dog got out and at the same time a firework went off and dog was startled.

Ran to the road and got hit by a car.

Very sad.

They did everything right, dog indoors all day, toilet in enclosed garden, couldn't have done more, but just pure bad luck. His kids are heartbroken.

FRI - 'I'll have to be careful taking B out in the evenings and keep the walks short to be safe in case anything goes off'
    SUN - BOOOM! (When we were inside)

:rolleyes:

SO no evening walks for B until the new year! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just heard a friend's dog died on Halloween night.

Door was opened for trick treat, dog got out and at the same time a firework went off and dog was startled.

Ran to the road and got hit by a car.

Very sad.

They did everything right, dog indoors all day, toilet in enclosed garden, couldn't have done more, but just pure bad luck. His kids are heartbroken.

prayers .....

Well we had great success New Years eve! :D He did start to hear them around 9:30ish and got worried. I had pile of chews etc on standby but I decided to try the muffs again secured with vet wrap which seemed to work better than the actual straps on them as they're not stretchy compared to the wrap.. I put a few blobs of that squeezey liver stuff and peanut butter on the lick mat... and he was oblivious all evening! I topped the mat up as needed. We're close enough to the city centre that we'd hear the fireworks for the new years events but he didn't hear anything - we sure did(!) Two big bangs after we went to bed got him up so I made up a bed for him in the kitchen and left the light on :o and he was fine.
    Still can't believe it! I had gotten the lick mats thinking he probably wouldn't be able for it and would get frustrated with his jaw/tongue but he LOVES it and sits with it for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Awh that's brilliant! We only had a couple go off here right around 12. He was conked out so didn't even hear the first few. Then Bella decided that she wasn't impressed with being woken and barked in disgust at them, waking him up. He had a few anxious minutes but was tempted with a chew and by the time he had finished, they had all but stopped.

Not so lucky here. Ended up huddled under the duvet growling & having a few tracheal collapse episodes. Mr C is better with the quite ones, but the kids set them all off in the plaza below us.

We usually have Sileo, which works really well but I just wasn’t prepared :(

I think we will go away next year. It’s just not worth it to stay home.

:( Ah poor Mr C. There was a distant bang which could have been anything when went for a walk this evening and he got a bit worried. I tricked him with an invisible cat!
    I’ve actually started looking into renting somewhere for Halloween. I know we won’t be so lucky and it’s just worse every year and not worth the stress!

Advertisement