Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you think you're addicted to boards?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm totally addicted to bass

Fixed that for you ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kimbot wrote: »
    Fixed that for you ;)

Totally addicted to assessments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I'm not addicted to anything, and I never will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No.

I am, however, totally addicted to bass. Wooah wooah.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm totally addicted to bass
    No.

I am, however, totally addicted to bass. Wooah wooah.

Well I'm totally addicted to ba.... Oh, nevermind.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm also addicted to only ever reading the reply immediately above when I post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Woke Hogan wrote: »

You're addicted to not being addicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Addicted? Nah.

I check it daily but don’t post as frequently as I once did. The motors and farming forums are decent sources of info.

A lot of the threads here in AH are cyclical. First 4-5 pages are decent argument until someone makes a wild comparison or people start pedantically squabbling over how something’s worded. At that stage the thread is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm only addicted to ..........

Boom's Baps :D or maybe Ted or then again it could be Seph but it really is

Cleo and Perse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Autosport wrote: »
    I'm only addicted to ..........

Boom's Baps :D or maybe Ted or then again it could be Seph but it really is

Cleo and Perse :D

And that's how it should be :D though you know I'm not ruling out an Auto, Perse, Cleo, Boom_Bap, Seph and Ted sandwich :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I might be, look on here a good bit as procrasinating is the the only thing i'm good at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I doubt any addict to anything planned to be an addict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I doubt any addict to anything planned to be an addict.

Well, if I reach my eighties (highly unlikely) I plan to take every legal and illegal drug I can get my hands on because why not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my problem with boards being down is I've no place to vent about boards being down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think I'm more addicted to the internet in general and boards is one of my more regular sites along with reddit , facebook and twitter

gimli2112 wrote: »
    my problem with boards being down is I've no place to vent about boards being down
    There was a recent enough thread on one of the support forums entitled "I can't log in" and numerous posts in agreement that they couldn't log in either. Not one person picked up on the obvious flaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Me addicted? Never...:P

For me boards is informative, gives a lot of insight to various topics and is fun. Just the right mixture between everything. And if i don’t like something i can ignore it.:)

Waddles off to the TA, TH and the other thread...

https://goo.gl/images/rra15L :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    How much time do you spend on average on boards a day?
    30min
    Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Do you feel a compulsion to check your threads?
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It is only my paranoia that keeps me coming back.

I am too afraid to leave in case they track me down & drag me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I'm addicted. I love seeing updates on everyone in the trivial threads and giving advice where possible :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭AllForIt

If boards is in the category of social media then it's a lot better than wasting time on Facebook etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Used to be on it a lot more but not so much over the last few months. Changed jobs which keeps me busy but also I find it's increasingly the same old topics and arguments over and over and a recent-ish example of how this place is run left a sour taste in my mouth to be honest. I still read the threads that interest me but definitely am not as bothered about posting lately.

Didn't even notice it was down today. I find myself spending more time on reddit when I am looking for an Irish flavour to my time-wasting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I don't think I'm addicted but I do check boards most days.
    If anything, I check it to get some inkling of news by the reactionary threads on AH, as there are some days when I really can't handle reading the news.

TH and TA threads are like a nice comfort blanket when I've had a rough day, it's nice to see people's lives go by, and I like the posters.

I'm less interested in taking part in discussions these days, I've spoken my mind on most of the topics I have a strong opinion about so don't really want to go down the same rabbit holes with the same people again, like on the Madeleine thread.

I don't think I'm addicted though because I'd say if I was unable to check for a few days, I'd probably get over the longing to have a look after a day or two. Maybe I'm just "lightly addicted" :D

edit : didn't notice it was down either although I did see the warning beforehand. See ? not addicted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

There was a recent enough thread on one of the support forums entitled "I can't log in" and numerous posts in agreement that they couldn't log in either. Not one person picked up on the obvious flaw.

There was a huge issue with login recently. If you had a saved password it was fine would auto log you in. If you tried connecting and logging in on a device without a password it crashed.

Try not to skim read before making posts that have flaws in it

There was a huge issue with login recently. If you had a saved password it was fine would auto log you in. If you tried connecting and logging in on a device without a password it crashed.

Try not to skim read before making posts that have flaws in it
    I read it - it still looked idiotic and unclear. On top of that were people bitching at Boards for their free, non essential service being unavailable temporarily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

I find that between name changes my periods of absence are growing longer...
    except for interaction with a few people, I'd be gone already....
    but I think one of these days I won't come back.....so all in all .not addicted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Years ago I'd have described myself as somewhat addicted, recently though it's habit. I read less and post a lot less than I used to. Many reasons for this, it's unlikely I'll ever go back to the way I was.

I know everyone says it was better 'way back when' but i genuinely believe that. Every debate is in the extreme now it seems, one way or the other. No room for a middle ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Jessie Belle

Meh I log in when bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

People lamenting on r/ireland on Reddit how it isn't what it used to be there, so it's not just boards, the Internet generally is just a less fun place to be.

Saying that, I still look at Boards virtually every day, most people here seem likeable enough and there's more discussion here than other places where people look for likes, retweets and upvotes. The thanks system here pales into insignificance compared to those imo.

So in conclusion, I'd say cucumber is my least favourite vegetable.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement