Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fading Good Looks

Options

Comments

prinzeugen wrote: »
    We have a guess how old I am competition with new staff in work every so often.

Dead chuffed most think I am about 28-31.

39 next month! And thats after years of drinking and smoking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHabfIIy0As

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

prinzeugen wrote: »
    We have a guess how old I am competition with new staff in work every so often.

Dead chuffed most think I am about 28-31.

39 next month! And thats after years of drinking and smoking.

Scarlet for yeh.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Corb_lund

BRUTAL. Meanwhile guys like myself

10 per cent bodyfat
    Incredible strict diet
    Regular haircuts
    Obscene money spent on fashion

Can't get a ****ing look in. Big fatherly protective bear theory strikes again. I think I'm gonna put on 50kg and see how I get on.

They probably think you're a homosexual try hard.

Don't need the above to attract someone and believe me I'm no model..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Never had to worry about that style of thing.

I'm 50 now & recently I showed my teenage daughter a snapshot of me 'in my prime'.:cool:

'God Dad you always did look like an arse'.

When you have no looks to lose you have no real problems in the long run, I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I think this is the reason most middle aged women are complete cúnts. Their looks have left them and men aren't running around tripping over themselves to ask them out/get their number/buy them a drink, and other women are less likely to compliment them as well.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

Without confidence you'll get nowhere. Plus confidence doesn't age. If you happen to be attractive as well, you're all set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

A girl(with a boyfriend) legit winked at me in the middle of a conversation last week. You couldn't make this **** up. I took a step back and was like did that really just happen. How can a girl wink at you and that not be construed as a come on. It's so hard to take signs. Really girls need to make it obvious for guys. Girls can't be creepy, guys can so girls need to make the moves.

I wink at people all the time, never in an attempt to signal any kind of attraction, just because that's my personality. It's cheesy and cheeky and fun. I'd never wink at a man I was trying to seduce / come onto, the cues there would be a lot more subtle, probably a bit more eye contact and smiling.
    weemcd wrote: »
    I think this is the reason most middle aged women are complete cúnts. Their looks have left them and men aren't running around tripping over themselves to ask them out/get their number/buy them a drink, and other women are less likely to compliment them as well.

Thoughts?

lol. I'd say they're just responding to your obvious charisma and charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I've yet to meet an average Joe Soap who defies aging in all honesty. If you see someone regularly enough then you mightn't notice they're slowly getting older.
    Yet, if you haven't seen them in a long time you might think what the feck has happened there.
    Unless you're some shallow idiot then getting older shouldn't really come as a big shock like.
    My only advice to my fellow ladies is to never go for the "speak to the manager" haircut.

I've yet to meet an average Joe Soap who defies aging in all honesty. If you see someone regularly enough then you mightn't notice they're slowly getting older.
    Yet, if you haven't seen them in a long time you might think what the feck has happened there.
    Unless you're some shallow idiot then getting older shouldn't really come as a big shock like.
    My only advice to my fellow ladies is to never go for the "speak to the manager" haircut.

What is a 'speak to the manager' haircut?:confused:

Is it called the 'Arlene'.?

What is a 'speak to the manager' haircut?:confused:

Is it called the 'Arlene'.?

😁 She's a level 10.

• Advertisement

😁 She's a level 10.

Ah okay. In the picture now.

Does grey roots & a fairly severe looking face warrants this kinda scene?

Ah okay. In the picture now.

Does grey roots & a fairly severe looking face warrants this kinda scene?

Well being a horrible bitch seems to have worked for Arlene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Thoughts?

That's only a minority of middle-aged women but they're the ones you meet when you're out on the pull. The rest don't care because they are too busy caring for their children/grandchildren/elderly parents (can be any one, two or all three of the above) and often holding down a job as well.

However the stress of all that could make some middle-aged women complete çüñţs. Being asked out/asked for their number would be just another chore to them. They wouldn't say no to a bottle of wine though but would rather drink it alone with no interruptions.

When heavy responsibilities crop up in life they tend to come in twos, threes or more and during middle-age. Women seem to get the brunt of those responsibilities. I think that ages a lot of middle-aged women and distracts them from looking after themselves.

I am dealing with a lot of responsibility at the moment myself and am happily invisible. I can look glamorous and get attention if I make the effort but it seems frivolous and there's too much going on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Emme wrote: »
    That's only a minority of middle-aged women but they're the ones you meet when you're out on the pull. The rest don't care because they are too busy caring for their children/grandchildren/elderly parents (can be any one, two or all three of the above) and often holding down a job as well.

However the stress of all that could make some middle-aged women complete çüñţs. Being asked out/asked for their number would be just another chore to them. They wouldn't say no to a bottle of wine though but would rather drink it alone with no interruptions.

When heavy responsibilities crop up in life they tend to come in twos, threes or more and during middle-age. Women seem to get the brunt of those responsibilities. I think that ages a lot of middle-aged women and distracts them from looking after themselves.

I am dealing with a lot of responsibility at the moment myself and am happily invisible. I can look glamorous and get attention if I make the effort but it seems frivolous and there's too much going on anyway.

That's a very well thought out eloquent response. I wasn't thinking about that in terms of being out on the pull, more like the difficult women sounding off at the customer service desk in a store or being difficult with some poor sod on the end of a phone.

That's a very well thought out eloquent response. I wasn't thinking about that in terms of being out on the pull, more like the difficult women sounding off at the customer service desk in a store or being difficult with some poor sod on the end of a phone.

That difficult woman could be coping with unbelievable pressure in her personal and professional life.

I confess that I don't suffer fools gladly these days. However I try to direct any complaints I might have to management or other relevant areas rather than vent at a poor service person who can't do anything about it.

I did bawl out a clamper one night when he took an hour to unclamp me (this was 9pm in a dark car park) and I had to get neighbours to sort something at home as a result. A young mother bawled him out as well because he had wrongly clamped her and she had to get someone else to collect her children from the creche.

When a sick family member or a child is waiting for you or you are bringing a family member to a hospital/medical appointment poor service, lack of proper organisation or slow traffic can seem very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm 41, always had an oily skin problem from puberty, nightmare in my teens, however it is now paying dividends. My skin is so supple, smooth and naturally moisturised with minimal effort, that my missus curses me for having naturally what she pays a fortune to try and achieve.

My hair is salt and peppering up a bit, but subtly, and my face has become a bit less babyish. All in all, people tell me ive never looked more distinguished and i genuinely get so much more female attention of many ages than i ever have before, that sometimes i have to try hard not to regret being married.

Make the best of what you've got kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I can't help myself but drool over random young fit women, it's not something I sat down one day and decided to do. My sincerest apologies to all the older/middle aged women out there who might be a bit left out of my perversions. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Larbre34 wrote: »
    i sometimes i have to try hard not to regret being married.

Top Tip No. 1 - don't let your wife guess this
    Top Tip No. 2 - she likely already guesses this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Zorya wrote: »
    Top Tip No. 1 - don't let your wife guess this
    Top Tip No. 2 - she likely already guesses this

1. No kidding. 2. No kidding.

I can't help myself but drool over random young fit women, it's not something I sat down one day and decided to do. My sincerest apologies to all the older/middle aged women out there who might be a bit left out of my perversions. :(

Newsflash: they don't feel left out. They are too busy getting on with their lives to notice. They might look back and remember being perved over by random older/middle aged men when they were young and are happy those pervs don't bother them anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    It has to be said I have seen good looking people get preferential treatment both in work and socially. It normally wears off if the person isn't nice.

Yeah, I’ve observed this time and again throughout my life. People like to make out that men think only with their willies. It’s been my observation, that if a really pretty to beautiful woman isn’t a nice person, most men who work with/go to school/go to college with her won’t be drooling over her for too long. Initially, yeah, but once personality is ascertained, g’luck. There was a very stark example of that in my secondary school. There was a girl the year below me who was exceptionally good-looking. She was initially raved about by our hormonal brethren but then sank down to above average when it came to success in getting the shift or a boyfriend. Why? Because she was a fücking dose. Really, really annoying. Kind of over-familiar with people because it’s almost like she just assumed it was fine to be over-familiar because she was so gorgeous and they were so lucky that she was talking to them. It was an interesting thing for teenage me to observe, like “Oh, personality does actually count for something!” Now if she’d been a nice person, I’m sure she’d had remained popular. Don’t we all hate those good-looking nice people? :D
    At the same time you get people who were good looking trying to get the same preferential treatment. It usually back fires. Nothing worse than somebody you don't find attractive flirting with you actting as if you think they are gorgeous.

I love seeing that happen as a third party though. ‘Get the popcorn out’ time for me.

That’s pretty much how I was going to respond to that post too. The middle-aged years are often the most pressured, responsibility-wise, with often children AND aging parents to care for. I remember how harried my parents were in their 40s-early 50s. And yeah, much of the caring stuff falls to the woman. That’s the main reason I see for middle-ages women being more curt. Often they are just rushing and racing everywhere and not even thinking about their attractiveness to men or lack thereof.
    Newsflash: they don't feel left out. They are too busy getting on with their lives to notice. They might look back and remember being perved over by random older/middle aged men when they were young and are happy those pervs don't bother them anymore.

+ fücking 1. I received my first lewd comment from a man when I was 11. Yup, 11 years old. I was able work out my age at the time because when I received the comment, I was looking at newspaper covers reporting a really big global event that had happened the day before. Puberty had start slightly early for me - I had recently started wearing bras - so I probably looked 13. A 30+ man deemed it appropriate to aim a lewd comment at a girl who, to him, looked like a young teenager.

Yeah, not all middle-aged women are going to be lamenting the fact that those days are gone. Sometimes those days were downright disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I pretty much bask in the glory of sexual attention from men so I'm dreading getting older and being totally invisible. It's not like I'm very noticeable as it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Thoughts?
    Most? Doubt it. Harsh!

People always go on about the horrible middle aged women they encounter in customer service. As someone who worked in it for years, there is an equal proportion of appalling men. But confirmation bias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Why would you apologise for nature?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

Most? Doubt it. Harsh!

People always go on about the horrible middle aged women they encounter in customer service. As someone who worked in it for years, there is an equal proportion of appalling men. But confirmation bias.

I worked in it for a couple of years too. My experience tells me the bias stands up to scrutiny, easily 90%+ of the most excruciating dealings were with middle aged women!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

The loss if power they experience as they age haunts them.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

The loss if power they experience as they age haunts them.

I have a great solution to that. I am quite myopic and I do not wear glasses when out and about, so unless my tragic loss of power is manifesting exuberantly within 3 foot of me I am completely and blissfully unaware of my effect or non-effect on the rest of the sentient world. It's fecking marvellous :)

The re-regs that tend to turn up on these kinds of threads continue to give me life. Shine on you crazy diamonds! :D
    Spleerbun wrote: »
    I worked in it for a couple of years too. My experience tells me the bias stands up to scrutiny, easily 90%+ of the most excruciating dealings were with middle aged women!

Nah, I’m with Gimme A Pound here. The cünt ratio was pretty much a 50/50 gender split from my own experience. Did you tolerate the cüntage less in women maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

The re-regs that tend to turn up on these kinds of threads continue to give me life. Shine on you crazy diamonds! :D

Nah, I’m with Gimme A Pound here. The cünt ratio was pretty much a 50/50 gender split from my own experience. Did you tolerate the cüntage less in women maybe?

In those kind of jobs you pretty much have to tolerate it from everyone, no option.

Advertisement