Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mytaxi Reliable

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

They just introduced the 2 euro booking fee on MyTaxi, I assume to try entice some drivers back. What a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Booked a taxi last week from Dublin 15 to town. Never turned up. Yet I got an email receipt for 15 euro for a taxi I was never in and never paid for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Miranda10

My Taxi are DEFINITELY NOT RELIABLE!!! Having ordered a taxi the night before, I waited for an hour and a half after the time booked only to be told
    “order cancelled”!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

Miranda10 wrote: »
    My Taxi are DEFINITELY NOT RELIABLE!!! Having ordered a taxi the night before, I waited for an hour and a half after the time booked only to be told
    “order cancelled”!!

You waited an hour and a half ??
    Who does that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭trellheim

Two airport mytaxis cancelled on me last month

trellheim wrote: »

Why not just go to the official airport taxi rank ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mr.Frame wrote: »
    Why not just go to the official airport taxi rank ?

I imagine they meant to the airport. However, the rank is a nest of vipers if you want to go a short distance.

L1011 wrote: »
    I imagine they meant to the airport. However, the rank is a nest of vipers if you want to go a short distance.

A nest of vipers?
    thats a rather sweeping statement Yes some moan when they get short jobs, not all though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Mr.Frame wrote: »
    A nest of vipers?
    thats a rather sweeping statement Yes some moan when they get short jobs, not all though.

Indeed. I'd occasionally take one from there to Beaumont. The worst I'd get is rolled eyes if I asked for one that takes cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭trellheim

Going TO the airport they were cancelled on me and its normally a thirty quid fare . Booking in both cases over 8 hours prior so massive pain in to the bum

IN relation to your comment about why not get a rank taxi, many people have corporate mytaxi accounts and have to use the app or they dont get the money back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭howiya

I use my taxi 5 nights a week and find it reliable enough. The odd time there can be no taxis available say for example if there's a concert in Croke Park. Most nights no hassle.

Email straight to your phone. Don't need to have cash on you to pay. Fairly handy so thats why I wouldn't go to a rank.

Advertisement